A genius who anticipated wow token arrival Or maybe he had leaked intel

Note: All those Quotes was posted one year ago.

1-wth so the reason blizzard allowed gold traders to run free so that they get used on buying gold in preparation for token arrival

2-wow this is exactly what happened, they legalize gold buying.

3-lol that player even anticipated the date of token arrival

4-“Removing the “LFD” is nothing but a method to encourage people on buying Blizzard boosts and to encourage people on buying gold (tokens) & yes blizzard will soon release it into classic, maybe mid wotlkc!”

5-“i know for sure that tokens will be released into classic in the next year then gdkp’s will be increased and eventually classic will be dead like retail even if stayed as wotlkc forever.”

GG

6 Likes

And?

It wasent anything unknown that wow token will be coming at some point. Nothing in those post match up any more than anything else with that happened. It’s no different than all the many threads that constantly claimed it was coming. As anyone with half a brain new it was only a matter of time.

Saying within a year and getting that right within that last few weeks of it is nothing more than luck with how many posts there are on the fourms if you care it’s easy to find peoples who boards guesses are right. The date he was right on but it’s no different than how the Simpsons has gotten many things right by the simple fact of volume.

Probably leaked info but anyone with half a brain knew it was coming.

We got classic in 2019 for cost of a sub, so basically free. TBC had boosts as expected so of course they’d add as many items from the retail cash shop as possible.

I’m just shocked it took so long because RMT was making bank in TBC and blizzard is only down dropping the token this late into wrath? The token isn’t nearly as profitable as it should be and if they’re dropping it now that means we gotta be getting classic Cata or they really are stupid at timing the token.

But with all the millions of gold in circulation, I’m not playing Cata. I’ll take fresh in a year so 1 piece of ore isn’t 5g.

1 Like

Another bad take from the forum clown

Does this person give stock market advise too? :rofl:

What’s the point?

Tokenphobe clown post, not worth reading.

i like the confidence when he said:
not having random dungeon finder makes players get used on buying gold to buy gear boosts in Gdkp and none of the gold buyers is getting any ban because blizzard would never ban those valuable customers, they are the main audience as future (classic) token buyers.

but predicting that it will be released in a year off the post before June 2023 that’s “May2023” which is 100% accurate date, that can’t be a guess.

anyway, whatever
classic already took the wrong turn and eventually it will collapse.
Enjoy it while it last and good luck.

1 Like

I feel like all you did was quote your own posts from a different toon and are claiming yourself to be a genius.

2 Likes

Oh I thought we were just operating with that as a given…?

1 Like

Cash shops makes a paradigm shift and breaks the customer base into tiers.

Base sub customer
Base sub customer + token (casual)
Base sub customer + token (raider)
Base sub customer + token (whale)

Instead of a massive amount of players paying $ub fees there is a smaller community of customers that are willing to pay a couple hundred per tier set via tokens (or cosmetics if talking retail.)

If those players become token buyers then you’re looking at 1 elite customer being equal to 100 base subs over the year.

What’s sad is this was always going to happen and blizzard was too stupid to capitalize 100% on it rather than shady 3rd party RMT. Did they learn nothing 2004 to 2019? :rofl:

How is that free? I had not payed anything to blizzard since start of MoP, now I am paying a sub or was till token… That money out my bank account says opposite of free, delusional person.

Dumb take. Point is that it was an insight into Blizzard’s decision making and a warning about what will one day happen.

People called out Blizzard in the early day of Skyfury/Angerforge and predicted Blizz would go against their word and choke the life out of each server and force them to join high-pop GDKP servers and -THEN- release the token.

Which is exactly what happened.

2 Likes

Every expansion has cost you money then a sub. They had to spend money to rebuild classic and we only paid the sub.

• $50-80 to buy the expansion.
  • $15 sub.

We got the game for free, and pay a sub to access.

back in the old days, i bought original tbc Box for 20$ and original wotlk digital sale on release was 35$ :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yup. Do the math on that

TBC had 2.4 million subs and that $20-35 box was: $48,000,000 to $60,000,000 just to log in.

Classic was access with an active sub.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.