A Formal Request Thread for Fresh/New TBC Servers

Many of us have put a lot of time into this game. IDK why I am answering, but this thread is about the desire for fresh servers. Most of the threads I am in, you have no valid opinion or update. It is as almost if you were the angry one.

2700+ posts. No blue post. Quite the testament to lack of service.

4 Likes

You write more than Shakespeare about something that we both know isn’t happening, and demand blue posts.

2700+ posts and no blue posts. Ever thought to yourself, they just don’t care and have nothing to say about the issue, cause it ain’t happening?

And let’s say there was a blue post, and summed up it said “No Fresh Servers. Not Happening”. You’d be back again, writing new 500 page sonnets about how it’s not fair and how back in your day when so & so was a network traffic engineer, Blizzard did things differently.

Just food for thought. I’m perfectly fine with how things are going.

And I know, it’s because I’m a “shill” and a “bootlicker” and whatever else you want to say about me in regards to Blizzard/Activision. Get real.

I’ve logged more hours in Blizzard games than you’ve probably spent in school your entire life and then some. And yet still have no problem with it.

I read your posts and go “man, this guy, needs to find something to do other than play WoW”.

1 Like

What’s your point? Blizzard said no to Vanilla servers for years and then made Vanilla servers.

5 Likes

Yeah at this point I just wish they would tell us one way or the other if we are getting Fresh TBC. The silence sucks. I have zero motivation to play my current classic characters because of the looming possibility that TBC Fresh will happen.

Also I need to know if I should take time off work. Lol

4 Likes

He is here just to say we are all wasting our time (he is always negative). Well, fresh servers may not happen right away. But when TBC overloads with bots, RMTs, GDKPs, 200K gold transfers, etc., etc… from toxic players…

And ActiBli$$ion tosses on even more unnecessary pay-to-play options WHILE WE PAY A SUBSCRIPTION… As many here have foreshadowed (in-game or launcher-implemented purchase options)…

This is a testament to a fresh option proposed that was never answered.

Yeah. Simply put, by now, I am sure a blue has seen this thread. ActiBli$$ion is damaging a Blizzard game. If it was in TBC, I am for it.

Have the original TCG cards that are not expired? Put it in the game.

Want Recruit a Friend mounts? Absolutely! They released three months before Wrath. Let’s do it then!

$ doesn’t mean you have to be deceptive.

The word “Classic” has nothing to do with the current game being released on June 1st!

The ActBli$$ion guardians say…that their company has had to fire people because they are just so short on cash. That they have had to jack up prices to $40 a boost to shoo away botters (some ActiBli$$ion peeps think $60 is better!)

$70.00 is a deal because: "Wow, a boost, toys AND a mount that wasn’t in the original game, plus $15.00 for a free month of game time? Who wouldn’t?!"

Right. And you get nothing to hold in your hand.

You get your “one-time” (I have a bridge…) boost for $40.00, $15.00 for a month (because “hold on…”) you have to pay anyways to play… So that’s $55.00 they’ve got. So a mount and toys that weren’t in the game and look like they don’t belong are suddenly a STEAL for $15.00!

Its as bad as an infomercial.

TL;DR: ActiBli$$ion does NOT have to be deceptive liars about “Classic” TBC because they need to make money. True Blizzard is gone; they would NEVER have rushed out ANY of their games. Much of their greatness died in WOD right after Metzen left. This game is not even close to “pure.” We aren’t ever going to be exact, but we could have come so much closer than this…

1 Like

You joke about a blue coming in and just telling us “yeah it aint happening” and act like thats a bad thing. This thread has been on the front page of the forums every single day since February. It deserves at least some comment at this point.

If a decent sized group of people were picketing / protesting outside of your building for months, you’d eventually address it in some manner.

7 Likes

A simple ‘no’ is infinitely better than silence. But they’ll never do that. Until that’s said the chance still exists and people keep playing just in the hopes it happens.

4 Likes

Blizzard has been VERY quick to reply to SEVERAL new posts… while obviously avoiding this one.

I hate to say this, because it sounds a bit more radical than I traditionally prefer to act, but if we really want a response we’d have a much better chance of getting one by making a ton of brand new posts inquiring about it…

This would show that it is more than “just a few people keeping an old thread alive.”

I’m not advocating any kind of radical response like driving a car through a wall or some nonsense - or anything else that would advocate any kind of physical, or even emotional harm… But if we started showing them the demand is still real by creating more posts - flooding it (assuming we have enough unique users that are STILL SUBSCRIBED and want it) then we would get a response… Or at least have a greater chance at getting one.

3 Likes

If they don’t fix things within 2 weeks of the June 1 release, I am done. I think with so many views and over 2700 comments, they know about this post. I am sure they are briefed on what they can and cannot post on. Very disappointing, because we were amongst the eldest and most dedicated players out there.

They will never acknowledge this thread until two days after TBC release. Blizz is going to severely underestimate the incoming players for TBC and will release new servers within 48 hours of release.

1 Like

Now that you mention it this thread is getting pretty old and stinky.

Like a diaper left in the sun too long.

Also you all need to lighten up, srsly.

I hope they are clean. Level 1 starts is something much of us have agreed with. Active GMs also made strides as far as punitive actions against bots, RMTs, and GDKP has been unbelievably destructive on larger servers at least.

I hope they do! I hope they finally pay some kind of attention to this key thread.

We don’t need to do anything. Gorrith has worked HARD to keep this thread going. I don’t appreciate the analogy.

[Golf clap]

Add it to your resume under “miscellaneous”

Thanks for the defense, Keldryd, but even if his efforts are noxious he still has some valid points.

Gardoomforge. I made a new one :slight_smile: it is a much more “fresh” topic, thanks for the encouragement!!!

I like to think my attitude stays “lit up” lol… I am too old to take anything too seriously, that includes fortums.

2 Likes

Similarly, you guys can create new topics for the blue team (By that I mean just Kaivax, let’s be honest here) to thumb through.

I will happily add my short and polite two-cents on as many as I spot…

Likewise, you guys are invited to respond to my most recent topic - and help me to simultaneous keep this thread alive as well.

2 Likes

Yep. I haven’t blocked anyone. Some comments made are trash, though. What “valid points” has he made exactly?

I do agree with starting some threads. I might follow up on that. Like was said earlier, though, I am sure this thread has been entertained.

Yes. Tracking your post now.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind that it was noticed, maybe even lightly touched on or discussed.

That said, if they see the topics pour in like they did with drums and are currently seeing with arenas, they would likely feel a little more compelled to respond.

Plus this thread, while it is pretty all-encompassing, it would be much more intimidating to reply to than a brand new thread with 30 replies… You know? To reply here now would all but openly admit they were ignoring it for months…

Instead, if they saw a small flood hitting the forums of inquiries about it, it would show that there is still passion and drive for the initiative as opposed to just a few people clinging onto a rather large sinking ship…

I’ll take my little skiff or dinghy out on the water and see if I can attract a blue post. I would encourage others to do the same.

5 Likes