A Formal Request Thread for Fresh/New TBC Servers

+1 i agree and hate this straight up money grab

Hmm, that greyed out new server is interesting. 99.9% chance just some silly error. Maybe a test server they use.

By the way, the chance of a boostless server is basically dead. They canā€™t sell a Deluxe Edition that includes a boost and not allow it on certain servers.

Tons of players coming out and saying it now - in the same boat as youā€¦

As it turns out: I pre-ordered New World (back when it was still going to be an open world pvp mmorpg) - not thrilled with the directions they have moved in, but I still own it. Assuming there are no more delays, and there are no fresh servers in WoW - count me inā€¦

Happy for you guys if you get your fresh server that krol blade server maybe :astonished:

2 Likes

Yeah I pre-ordered it from Amazon way back when it was first announced. Didnā€™t pay anything, so I got that going for me. Thereā€™s also Ashes of Creationā€¦which has some promise. Way down the line thereā€™s the Riot mmo and if weā€™re lucky Dreamhaven make oneā€¦lot of old Blizzard talent (when the company was great) went there.

At this point a fresh server is really the only way Iā€™ll play this game, and even then my enthusiasm isnā€™t huge. Theyā€™ve really done a pretty horrible job with TBC. Yes, itā€™s a business and businesses exist to make money, but the extent theyā€™ve turned this into nothing more than an obvious cash grab is unsettling.

2 Likes

Piper, we get it. Youā€™ve dealt with some push-back as you come into this topic sharing some viewpoints but not sharing the same drive for a solution - instead hoping to compromise with the business entity and try to find middle groundā€¦

The only way to genuinely compromise with an industry giant like activisionā€™s blizzard is to push back and assert the desires and demands that got us here in the first placeā€¦

I never played on a private server. And people give all kinds of grief on the forums about how it was a pirate server or whatever - and I am not saying they are wrongā€¦ But what so many are forgetting is this was how people were asserting their desires and demands for classicā€¦ Blizzard caved/compromisedā€¦ They wanted their cut. People give grief or point targets but forget it is this stubborn and unreasonable playerbase that got us here today with classic.

And as far as the quote ā€“ we get it. You dealt with pushbackā€¦ You can stop wearing it as a badge of honor or as if you were a martyr hereā€¦ Sure, some people misunderstood or lashed out at you in frustration but I feel like you are all too quick to claim victim now.

2 Likes

The single most ambitious mmo project I am aware of to this dateā€¦
Iā€™ve been playing mmos since 1997 - a lot of them.

I hope it goes well and I am confident it willā€¦ My one concern is that they need to make the combat fluidā€¦
Say what you want about blizzard and its direction for the game - however bad it may beā€¦ But they do an amazing job with fluid feeling combatā€¦

If Ashes can replicate thisā€¦ It might be (and my goodness I hate this term because it is so overly used and generally never true) a genuine wow-killer.

1 Like

Exactly my point! I HAVE to be 100% align with what YOU classify as ā€œcorrectā€ words, in order to be taken, seriously!

Because Blizz IS a business! It needs membership numbers in order to stay afloat!

Disagree. This is you asserting your opinions onto me, now.

I understand that and AGREE with you, on this!

Mhmm because they were losing membership. I caved and compromised never playing WoW, again (back, when we didnā€™t have Classic) because it was no longer the Game I enjoyed.

And, in order to do that, they need membership.

I disagree. Again, Blizz saw they were losing membership to something that they threw away.

No, I donā€™t think I will. I like joking about it to prove how WRONG the accusations were, and that I DO know what Iā€™m actually talking about, even if we disagree with it.

Iā€™m not.

I have been WRONGFULLY accused and FALSELY slandered (amongst other things that I cannot say here, on these forums) and each passing moment keeps proving how RIGHT I actually am and should be taken, seriously. But will that happen? Nope.

And, Iā€™m not going to stop DEFENDING my position just because you (general ā€œyouā€, not you, in particular, but you are technically included in the populace) donā€™t like that I basically have been right all along.

EDIT: I said there would be a NEW Server, and we have that. I said it wouldnā€™t be to this threadā€™s exacting standards. Thatā€™s true, too. And, after today, with Blizzā€™s Greed, thereā€™s no freaking way in hell, theyā€™re going to provide us with content that doesnā€™t fill their pockets with extra money. Time to accept the reality of that.

Hmm, Krol Blade server, if new is greatā€¦ and as long as they didnā€™t mess it up somehow like letting people transfer to it or allowing boosts (at least for a few months), then Iā€™d be willing to resub. Though its depressing that its a pvp server and not a normal server.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s hopingā€¦

Itā€™s okay, weā€™ll protect you, smooth-skin. ^_~

2 Likes

Iā€™m already on a PVP server currently, just would prefer a normal server this time aroundā€¦ as TBC is a super condensed area and it makes gathering and some other things a royal pain in the butt. Iā€™ll be rolling horde so I donā€™t have to worry about faction population.

need a fresh no boosts/no transfers tbc pve server on us-east/us-west/oceanic/etc

purty please, mr. blizzard :sparkling_heart:

15 Likes

Fresh servers on us-east/us-west/oceanic/etc PLEASE BLIZZARD

LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE WHO PUSHED YOU TO MAKE CLASSIC

9 Likes

Looks like we were both wrong on this one:

1 Like

sadly :frowning: They got our hopes up.

1 Like

Innovindil:

Of course weā€™d get a June 1 release dateā€¦ No, they donā€™t deserve our money. But they will be milking people for $70.00 for a deluxe edition, as many in this thread have anticipated. $70.00. Totally virtual. No artwork or in-hand collectables. No physical anything. And I now, personally, foresee a launcher or in-game shop.

Blizzard no longer exists.

Blizzard in the RTS heavy days: It will be done when it is legendary.

ActiBli$$ion: Rush that former expansion they already own out the window as fast as possible to attempt to force people who wanted any other option to just join up and suck it up if they really want to be competitive. Letā€™s force the old schoolersā€™ fresh, alternative ideas right down the toilet quick so we get our $70.00 ActiBli$$ion funds from as many people as possible.

Anyone reading this reply who thinks Activision is hurting on money, I have a polished bridge to sell you. Great look on the water!

What a disappointmentā€¦ So, no response to this 2700 reply thread, rushed release with dollar tags attached. Awesome. Not one response.

So, so disappointed. You at Activision are going to get your money because so many young players just buy any which thing. A $70.00 virtual package? Really? A package many, many of us donā€™t want at that! We would pay NOT to have it. Well, weā€™ll see how many people who transfer into TBC not knowing about these transactions and new, non-Classical content quit within the first two weeks having not read the forums or associated mmo websites. Shaking my head hardā€¦

Retail TBC / Retirement Classic vs Retail Shadowlands. Sad that thatā€™s the way it is looking.

Took me a day to level into level 60 Shadowlands with the covenant unlocked, etc. No conversations or dialogue. Single player technically possible.

Agree with you as always Innovindil. Two evils here at the moment.

There are those of us who, like me, refuse to play at launch, wanting to observe how this explosive economy rolls out with 200K gold transfer possibilities out of the gate for-instance. Then with these boosts and mounts, we will see if they offer more after the first week or two as we observe.

This is sort of like buying a Playstation 5 bundle off of eBay if there were no solo systems available. Some people have to have it right away, spending much more to do so just to get their hands on one. Then, there are those of us who could purchase one, but would rather save money until the systems are available and see how things roll out first. There are still no must-haves on it, so I feel I have been wise so far. But, yes, many will buy, and that is going to be their choice.

But Iā€™ll be joining the spectator mode right now. I did it with Shadowlands. If I needed to, I could catch up in a week or two.

I AM going to be wisely spectating during the opening of TBC at this rate. June 1st was a quick announcement for TBC ā€œUnlimited.ā€ I was going to plan Disneyland with the family, so I will plan around that time. I also have the little quests to do in Cyberpunk and now Resident Evil Village to tide me over. Give it at least two weeks to see if, yet again, I am wasting my time and Blizzard does nothing. If changes are made, I will play TBC. This is ActiBli$$ion, though, and at this rate will not be playing this game.

7 Likes

Here comes the rush with a June 1 release, ActiBli$$ion literally backing customers into the virtual purchase corner where, to TRULY keep up, to TRULY be the best like no one ever was, you must lay out $70.00 or more.

No physical collectorā€™s edition for $70.00? Two toys, a mount and a boost? Never underestimate ActiBli$$ionā€™s next move. What a lack of player service. Awful, awful service to loyal, loyal paying customers who have spent thousands over the years.

As always, well communicated and I am with you. Say, one month into ActiBli$$ionā€™s Rendition of TBC they decide to introduce Fresh Servers. That will be too late for some.

Johnny GDKP will already be making money (physical $ or virtual, they both wreck the economy) and we will have to suck up being at a disadvantage.

I will give them until two weeks into June 1 to see what happensā€¦at the most. Otherwise, I am ending my sub when it is up. I have put a LOT of effort, as others like you have, in getting any ā€œyesā€ or ā€œnoā€ / ā€œno plans.ā€

I mean, a lemonade stand is old business. It advertises lemonade. It may try to convince you, but it doesnā€™t require thousands of dollars to keep up, although it provides a service and may say it needs thousands. We paid for lemonade once upon a time, but now they say they are all out of lemons and all we have to choose from is grapefruits. We can either pay for that or deal with going thirsty. I expected lemonade from the stand, so no thanks for now. A lot of people like grapefruits. I can deal with it not being squeezed, but many of us want fresh lemonade.

1 Like

Even though, Iā€™m not for NEW Servers, that whole Krol Blade Server is such a middle finger to you guys. IMO, anyway.

2 Likes

Itā€™s only game.

Why you haff to be mad?

1 Like