New servers please respond

This reminds me of the weekly news on Saturday Night Live. One of their frequent news items was “And General Franco is still dead”.

This post is just as funny. Will you? No. Will you? No. Will you? Why aren’t they saying “no”?

…YOUR opinion is brilliant, and YOU know better than THEY know, about how to run a multi-million dollar MMO company.

It doesn’t matter that THEY have been more successful than any other MMO company on earth. No, they should admit that THEY are stupid and YOU are smart.

Why don’t they, I wonder?

For the millionth time, blizzard is not doing fresh servers in the near future. They just added the boost to BC, do you really think they want people to not buy it and roll on fresh? I wouldn’t be surprised if fresh never happened tbh. It’s a pipe dream that you need to let go

Classic WoW and discussion about it on this forum that you are perusing were a pipe dream, too.

Be well Warlockpat. And I recommend you read the comment and corresponding thread I linked.

you already have your answer! and you know it!

They made a statement, during Blizzcon. Just as they have made statements about a lot of the changes that weren’t going to happen, but they implemented anyway, after the fact.

They have not said anything since, and there is longstanding discussion about this.

Be well, Paraboola. And I recommend you read the comment and corresponding thread I linked.

1 Like

This statement was specifically in reply to “will there be brand new classic era servers” - it did not reference TBC era servers at all…

And the answer was not “no.” anyway… It was (paraphrased) “At this time we are focusing on a smooth TBC Launch. We will keep an eye on that.” – which can be inferred as “we’ll see, if there is a demand for it” – similar to how there was a demand for RP servers after Blizzard initially said they were not going to spin up RP servers.

Thanks for your comment though, feel free to check behind me on all this if you want so you can be caught up.

Either way, Be well.

2 Likes

Thanks for responding. I was aware of this, but these other folks commenting weren’t understanding that.

Indeed, they weren’t specific, which is why it is frustrating there hasn’t been an update.

But, like you said, I guess we will just have to continue waiting and see. Thanks for your comments. It’s why I started my own thread here, as you requested we all do in the comment I quoted.

2 Likes

I noticed, several responses in this forum thread were about this… figuring responding to the OP is best… after all some of these folks are just nay-sayers and inviting them back to continue to trash an authentic idea is not necessary lol.

Here’s hoping we hear something. And I support the message even as i try to comment objectively.

2 Likes

Wanted to add a caveat. I just re-read what I typed and it could easily be perceived as “smartass” or even sarcastic - especially with the recommendation that the readers check behind me. Not sure if this is obvious or not but this was not the intent.

2 Likes

They can always merge low population servers within the same time zones. They have done this plenty of times in the past.

I took a peek at the server list and most servers are PVP. The flood of players looking for a PVE server on US East will create some epic queues. I predict that Blizzard will be creating new PVE servers on US East after TBC classic launch.

We’ll get some fresh servers, just be patient.

2 Likes

I prefer my low pop server to a mega server tbh.

1 Like

Well I certainly wouldn’t want to be on a mega server, but it would be nice to get back to medium

New servers are pointless unless they make it so you can’t transfer there for a substantial amount of time.

The reason I want fresh servers is people having 100,000 gold from GDKP ruining the economy

3 Likes

Move to a smaller pop server. That’s a mega server problem.

1 Like

Playing in a ghost town sounds worse honestly

It’s not a ghost town. I bet I don’t have a q time to log in on launch day. We have a good community. I’ve been on mega servers. The lower pop realms are tons better. The economy isn’t inflated. There aren’t gdkps everywhere. Everyone knows everyone so you can’t hide in the crowd of 10k. I left the mega servers and haven’t looked back.

You talking about Bloodsail Buccaneers? We’re not Low Pop. I’ve dabbled on Low Pop Servers, trust me, Bloodsail Buccaneers is NOT Low Pop. We’re Medium Pop.

Nonetheless, I like our happy Medium Pop :slight_smile:

We’re low compared to mega servers. They think we’re a ghost town. They don’t know what they’re missing. We don’t have 95% of the problems they complain about.

1 Like

I would argue that PvP Servers are the WORST, when it comes to the Spamming. I tested out one of them. Pagle (the largest PvE Server) isn’t bad compared to Whitemane (a PvP Server).