Dark Portal Opening and Dates Beyond

The Dark Portal will open on Burning Crusade Classic realms at 3:00 p.m. PDT (5:00 p.m. CDT, 6:00 p.m. EDT) today! All dungeons and phase 1 raids will be open, subject to their various requirements for entry.

In this region, the weekly reset will occur every week at 8:00 a.m. PDT (10:00 a.m. CDT, 11:00 a.m. EDT) on Tuesday.

The Darkmoon Faire will resume its usual schedule as expected next week.

With the opening of the Dark Portal, the pre-patch World Bosses will move to their final locations. Be advised that Kazzak and Doomwalker are not expected to spawn in Outland for the first time until after June 14, and they’re on their own randomized spawn schedules after they’re killed the first time.

The week of June 14 is also the time when ranked Arena play will be initialized. That will come online with the weekly raid reset in each region. Between now and then, all other PvP activities are open, and Arena teams can be formed and can skirmish as much as you like.

Thank you for joining us as we venture to Outland for the first time once again!

17 Likes

Hello.

Cool so when’s the date you add in the LFG system you talked about at Blizzcon?

11 Likes

Will we be able to travel through the Dark Portal if we remain logged in from now until it’s opened? Or will we need to re-log?

What is the level requirement for entering the Dark Portal? Is it 58?

You do realize the hearthstone was added back in TBC right? It was a TCG item.

5 Likes

Can’t wait to experience outland for the first time with lots of people in it. Outland has probably been dead in retail for sooooo long.

1 Like

Every time i’ve leveled through there it’s been pretty popular, and is still heavily ganked in warmode.

Yes ma’am.

1 Like

No level requirements, you can go through at level 1 if you like.

OOh, I was wondering. I know that quests require level 58, but I wondered if I could go through on a level 56 and sneak around a bit. Thanks to both of you who replied! :kissing_heart:

hm, maybe it’s just my server then, I don’t know. I don’t go there too often but I’ve only ever seen like 1-4 people in outland, 4-7 people in draenor. started in 2019.

Well, now you have to go through in chromie time to see people.

If it was like the original, you could enter Outland below 58, but there were no quests you could pick up. So not much reason to go there as you can’t really do much besides kill mobs in the open areas. Don’t think you can even enter an instance below 58

To use the portal - 58. You can get summoned at any level

I may just have to try it! I’m hearing different answers! Thanks!

I had my lvl 47 warlock summoned to HFP at launch and took all sorts of neat screenshots back in the day

If I remember, I know that we obviously couldn’t accept the quest in SW that then led to the portal itself and the subsequent follow up quest we take before entering the portal. But, I wondered if we could just simply walk up and walk in!

Just like my friend Garrosh said “Times change”.

a credit card

3 Likes