6 month sub bought and canceled

Hello I bought a 6 month subscription on June 19th I then promptly canceled it so I would not be charged if I forgot about it. I don’t have a renewal date like it says I need for the mount. I went into my account page to see about turning renewal back on but I can’t. The system seems to offer me another 6 month sub to be paid now in order to have renewal turned back on. Am I really going to lose out on this mount because of 8 days? Is there anything that can be done about this? Or am I freaking out over nothing and will still get it?

Thank you for your time and any help is appreciated,

Mizuken

I would contact support for this one. Use problem with purchase and live chat.

Do not navigate away from the page.

Used live chat Yestersay they are very helpful.

3 Likes

The promotion requires that there be an active subscription. Since yours was canceled, and is not active, you did not meet the criteria for the promotion unfortunately.

The mount can be purchased as a standalone product, and will be available even after the subscription+mount bundle promotion ends. So if you can’t get it now, you can still get it at a later date.

1 Like

Good advice: pay for 7 months (6 + 1 month sub) then cancel the renewal after the 1 month sub kicks in.

Or just set up the 6-month recurring subscription, claim the mount, then cancel the recurring subscription. There’s no need to buy that extra month unless you just want to buy an extra month.

3 Likes

This is completely unacceptable and you are going to continue to upset many loyal customers. I am livid and it’s no surprise that moral is low(rumors) and that the stock is down. If you guys can’t wake up from your stupidity, this company is doomed to fail.

1 Like

Let me know if you get it resolved. This is completely unacceptable and I am in the same boat as you.

1 Like

I’ve lost track of how many times this has been prophesied, by now. Here’s thinking yours might actually be the final nail, but probably not.

7 Likes

I would also like to know if you get this resolved satisfactorily; in the same boat–rather upsetting that if I just waited a week to cancel the sub that I would have gotten the mount all the same at no additional cost. I don’t see why they cannot simply reactive the prior sub. Does anyone know if Xiong’s suggestion of renewing the sub monthly would work as it would make the account actively subbed? I’m guessing not as it would not be a new 6 month sub.

There is nothing worse than paying more for something that you could have had for free if you had all of the information upfront. No one in this situation is ever going to feel good about owning the mount because they’ll always have paid too much for it. It’s terrible customer service and while it may be hyperbolic to say that any one act will “doom the company,” if it becomes a corporate culture of needlessly disregarding the customer (as is being done in this case) it doesn’t bode well.

It needs to be an active 6 month sub. If it recently ticked over just message billing. Its not some big conspiracy, the coding allows for accounts that are flagged with a 6 month sub to automatically get the mount, if your sub is cancelled or you pay month to month or 3 month etc you don’t qualify. The system doesn’t distinguish between special situations, just the facts. Anything else contact billing

9 Likes

I’ve never heard this before :thinking:

This should be the right answer, however, I contacted support, had a GM who thought it should be as easy as re-subbing but didn’t realize that they had removed the regular 6-month sub option in favor of the mount bundle, which requires immediate payment regardless of current game-time/sub status. He thought that they might reward the mount even to those with cancelled 6-months subs through the promo time, but I highly doubt it (he didn’t seem optimistic either). He admitted he didn’t think they would offer a fix. Quite disappointing.

Regardless, any further feedback about this requirement needs to go to the general discussion of the forums. The developers do not look at this section for feedback.

2 Likes

I also have a 6-month subscription in progress which I cancelled a couple weeks ago so I could have the option to go month-to-month in the future - I hadn’t decided yet. Today I noticed that I didn’t get the mount. I tried to make the 6 month subscription active again today but it was going to charge my card now - not when my current 6-month subscription expired. So I started a reoccuring subscription just now that would charge me monthy after the 6 month subscription was up.

I now meet the listed criteria: “If you’re currently on a 6-month recurring subscription with a future renewal date, you will receive the Sylverian Dreamer mount at no additional charge, no later than July 8, 2019.”

Still didn’t get the mount.

Because you didn’t have a subscription when the promotion went out. From what I’ve seen, the only way to get it is to buy the 6-month sub bundle which bills now.

For example, I’m on a 3 month sub. When I go to the option to purchase the 6-month sub, it states:

• You currently have game time remaining. This purchase will add 6 months of additional time to your account, and you will be billed immediately. Once all time expires, you will be billed $97.99 every 6 months until you cancel your subscription.

Note: My fees are in Canadian dollars.

2 Likes

I disagree: It says this:

“If you’re currently on a 6-month recurring subscription with a future renewal date, you will receive the Sylverian Dreamer mount at no additional charge, no later than July 8, 2019.”

I am currently on a 6-month subscription and it isn’t later than July 8, 2019 right now.

Okay, reload your launcher and look for the gift icon at the top.

I would contact billing via chat about it, but don’t be surprised when you are told “no”.

So speak with Billing then. Nobody here can help get you the mount unfortunately. While I can appreciate that you feel re-adding the subscription is enough, it does not appear to be in this case.

Billing:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/166/180/channels

2 Likes