6 month sub bought and canceled

You’re on a 6 month subscription, yes, but not a 6-month recurring subscription, which is what the promotion appears to require.

2 Likes

All “subscriptions” are reoccurring unless cancelled. In this case, Wharfrat had cancelled their subscription prior to this promotion going out. When these things are done, a snapshot of all active subscriptions would have been taken and used to send out the mount to those with active subscriptions.

Wharfrat has re-added a subscription hoping that it will trigger the mount again, but I don’t believe that will happen on its own.

3 Likes

Thanks. I submitted a ticket there.

Seems it would be easier on everyone if they just gave it to everyone with an in-progress 6-month subscription as well as those that are just now buying a bundle. Reoccurring or not - they deserve it.

The penalty for already having canceled it seems extreme.

I mean someone getting a 6-month subscription for the first time in their life right now can get it and they will have a reoccurring subscription that they can cancel seconds after they get the mount.

But to be fair, it’s the same for anyone without a 6-month subscription. I’ve had my 3-month sub for a very long time now and I know I don’t qualify for this anymore than someone without a 6-month sub. In order for me to get it, I have to pay a 6month sub up-front (or buy the mount separately).

It’s really not any different in your situation. You had cancelled your sub and I’m guessing you don’t want to pay for the next 6-months up-front. If that’s the case, it’s pretty likely that Billing won’t be able to help out.

I mean, it’s worth a chat with billing, but you unfortunately didn’t meet the initial criteria which was “Players on an existing 6-month recurring subscription with a future renewal date…” Unfortunately, yours was cancelled putting you in the same boat as a person without an active subscription.

Let us know how it goes though as it might help others out too.

Kinda different financially.

The difference is - I already have a 6-month in-progress and would have to pay for an additional 6-months right now because it won’t let me just turn the subscription back on without paying for another one. It would actually take the money out of my bank account - so I wouldn’t just be paid for 6-months from now - I’d be paid for almost a year.

This is all one thing. You have a 6 month sub. Your 6 month sub is not a reoccurring 6 month sub per you stating

The following does not put you on a 6 month reoccurring sub

It puts you on a 1 month reoccurring sub

The two are not the same. This is why you don’t qualify

Either way, this no longer belongs here. The proper answers have been given. By SFAs no less. Any discussion will lead nowhere here. This needs to be on GD.

This last part was not in direct response to who I quoted btw. Just a more in general.

For what it’s worth, I think game time should count too. Like it did with the Dreadwake. However, that is a discussion for general, not here.

1 Like

I definitely missed that little detail. For some reason I read it as them having re-added the same subscription model again and not just the monthly option.

It won’t let us do that as stated here:

My support ticket response came back already and it said I would receive the mount no later than July 8th.

Excerpt:
“we just have not sent them out yet for the older active subscriptions”

w00t

I’m not going to lie, I’m pretty surprised by that response. I’d keep an eye out as I’m pretty sure people who actually had active subs already got their mounts.

I’m worried that GM was mistaken.

2 Likes

Hey Perl.

My account is a 6 month subscription that I renewed 3 months ago. My account is currently active. I already received my mount. (Hope this provides some insight?)

Have a great day

1 Like

As am I. Please keep that ticket handy and get back to us and let us know you got the mount?

The account is active, but is it an active subscription? Or had you canceled the auto-renew already?

1 Like

That sounds sketchy.

I bought mine in early may and got the mount within minutes of its release. I got it so quick the email they sent about my new mount was a day late to the party.

This is exactly what happened with a friend of mine. They got their mount immediately.

1 Like

Hey Teuf. Sorry I missed you yesterday to follow up sooner.

I have a subscription. As we are seeing here, it is active since it is a subscription. I cancelled over 6 years ago and renewed my subscription three months ago as a 6 month subscription (subscription = recurring). In other words, I haven’t cancelled since renewing over the last three months and intend on keeping a six month subscription. Does that help?

You should see the mount no later then July 8 then.

Check your gifts tab on the launcher and on the account management page.

2 Likes

Just an update … I finally received the mount today while I was playing.

It notified me in chat window that it had been added to my mount collection. I went to my mount tab and opened the gift box from there.

All is well in the World of Warcraft.

4 Likes

Coming in three years later to call out a Blue? I’m sure you thought this was a neat way to relieve the boredom of maintenance downtime, right?

6 Likes