Fist of Justice Hotfix

Updated 5:40 p.m. PDT – June 1
We’ve reviewed the various interactions at play in this situation and decided against making a change at this time. Thank you for your feedback.

We think we’ve found a way to fix a bug, and we’re planning to deploy the fix in the next day or two.

The bug is with the Corruption Effect Ineffable Truth and its interaction with abilities like Fist of Justice causing more than the intended amounts of cooldown reduction.

The hotfix will make it so the flat cooldown reduction provided by Fist of Justice (and similar abilities) will not be unintentionally increased by effects that increase your cooldown rate (such as Ineffable Truth).

We’ll confirm that the fix is live in our hotfixes update posts.

4 Likes

Can we do something about expedient stacking warlocks/mages in pvp getting extremely fast chaos bolts and greater pyros off?

18 Likes

Thank you but just to clarify: this isn’t a bug it is an oversight.

44 Likes

Does this also fix the fact that if you get kicked during ineffable and ineffable fades the kick’s duration is also increased, effectively locking you out for a huge amount of time

12 Likes

This is a waste of resources. Hoj spamming just dr’s the stun dr quicker if people spam it then it’s not good.

It’s a nerf to a corruption that alot of people did end up buying last week. you made them waste all of there echoes on that corruption to then decide oops its not a good thing that it works in line with a talent that reduces it’s cool down.

Fix pointless corruptions when other corruption are causing way way more issues in pvp.

Unless this is your plan, have people buy corruptions see which ones are really really broken in over stacking and then nerf it.

21 Likes

Does this also include a fix for kicks getting extended if the buff expires while you’re locked out?

Here’s a clip I saw on Reddit of this happening:

https://streamable.com/86rl5y
6 Likes

Ah that’s a shame. So that means its being fixed for Red Thirst too?
That’s been happening for months right, and you are only fixing it now?

12 Likes

Quoted for emphasis.

6 Likes

???

Learn how to interrupt noob.

1 Like

How do you interrupt a 1s chaos bolt, at range?
Spill your sekretz!

10 Likes

What part didn’t you understand? Happy to clarify.

I wonder, are all the future corruption-induced issues that require adjustments going to be labeled “bugs” instead of what they are, so it doesn’t look like your design was flawed from the beginning?

21 Likes

This sounds like it’s going to impact Holy Priest IT stacking. I’m at 200% right now, so it’s going to be reallllly painful if this destroys my build after all my echoes are gone.

8 Likes

I think you just described most bugs ever found.

5 Likes

I love bolting warriors so hard they leap to the forums to complain.

7 Likes

The bug is with you devs invalidating literally full time job’s worth of hours to farm echoes actually. This is pathetic, it really is. This is developer incompetence is what it is. Who suffers from this? THE PLAYERS. I know people who put in over 50 hours of work farming these corruptions and now it is time wasted.

Call it a bug all you want, but this has been happening since before the corruption hot fix. People have been doing it for awhile now. What you all lack as developers is the foresight into what will happen from the things you implement. You all charge recklessly forward with awful ideas constantly nowadays and it is us, the players, who get screwed time and time again.

Glad I didn’t stack ineffable, would be super ticked off if I was someone who did.

41 Likes

PS LITERALLY EVERY PALADIN KNEW ABOUT THIS WHEN THE VENDOR CAME OUT. THE ENTIRE ARENA FORUM KNEW ABOUT THIS!

How can you go an ENTIRE WEEK with ineffable on vendors with people farming echoes only to call it a bug after the fact? HOW?! HOW!? HOOOOOWWWWW!?!?!?!??!?! It is DISGRACEFUL!

23 Likes

What’s wrong kiddo? Getting destroyed by instant unavoidable damage? I thought you mdps enjoyed that.

11 Likes

Is it really a “bug” if it’s been around for 5 months, people have been playing around it and making builds around it with no communication from the devs saying that it is unintended? Disregarding the fact that 8.3 was on the PTR in October of last year and all these effects were tested out back then, it’s ridiculous that it’s only just been “found” now. This has been the known interaction since it came out, it’s just possible to stack to more extreme levels now. Would it not be a bug if we couldn’t purposefully stack IT? Would this even have been addressed?

19 Likes