395/400 Item Level Emissaries: Yes please

What exactly are you asking me to do?

Train every single person with a low IO that is trying to join my group?

If a person gives no effort to better themselves, why should I google a class guide for them?

If a person is unwilling to do a simple youtube search, why should I do a youtube search for them?

I don’t play their spec (most likely). How can I give advice on something I don’t play? I can only point them to a guide that specializes in their spec. I would be referencing icy veins, youtube, class discords, etc. I wouldn’t be doing something they can’t easily do them selves if they had the slightest bit of motivation.

Why should I be expected to replace their motivation?

2 Likes

Here’s what you can do.

Stop driving people from the game. Three days left.

The issue, at least the pertinent one for this thread, is that giving people the gear for doing virtually nothing isn’t going to make their situations better. They aren’t going to get better at their class and they aren’t going to get into those higher raids or +'s because people will simply raise the IL they want. I always lol when I see people say things like “ML +7, checking IO, min gear 400, don’t suck” but you’re going to start seeing “ML +7, checking IO, min gear 415, don’t suck” because IL is no longer any sort of character gauge.

I have no reason to believe I drove anyone from the game.

3 Likes

Wah

/10 characters

2 Likes

You, Jalen, Tewah, Baruup and that lady who reported me and that lady in the pirate hat certainly drove me away.

How did I drive you away? Remember. You were the person that felt it was ok to constantly slander and lie about someone that disagreed with you.

4 Likes

Lol you must be a SJW irl. No matter what arguments people make against your position or how valid, anyone who disagrees with you is clearly a bad person, an elitist and a toxic jerk who’s “driving people from the game.”

In the spirit of “facts don’t care about your feelings,” chew on this (repeated here for your pleasure): WotLK had 12m people and no welfare catch up system. BFA literally gives you epics like Pez and has around 2-3m (I’d guess more like 1.5m honestly). It’s not players driving players away, it’s poor design.

Emblems would like to disagree with you.

But sure, tell me I’m lying like Tewah did.

I think another reason why the ilevel increases to world quests in Legion felt right was that it was still lucrative to do other end game activities.

in BFA the ilevel increases exceed or are on par with end game activities and throws a wrench into everything. Warfronts don’t help either because gaining titanforges from warfronts feels like you are wasting your time doing anything else.

PVP queue times are only going to increase because of this. This is because historically PVP queue times hinge on a portion of players doing PVP for conquest points and other portion that does PVP for fun. By removing that incentive you are left with only people that PVP for fun that do queue. This will lead to increased queue times for PVP.

1 Like

Titan Ridisium is closer to emblems. It’s steady progression. Emblem gear was also very limited.

5 Likes

Emblems were farmable, TR was not.

Emblems of Frost weren’t farmable. They had an effective cap.

3 Likes

Emblems were also capped at a weekly max. Darn those pesky facts again…

Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it. You were slinging mud and now are complaining that others drove you away. Which I don’t believe for a second you’re actually unsubbing.

3 Likes

They did, but gave an incentive to do Heroics.

Someone made a comment about raiding still offering better itemized stats and azerite armor traits.

Maybe that is true but then again why is Blizzard leaning on ilevel so much? Why not make lucrative traits more accessible to all players while preserving higher ilevel pieces for raiding as an example.

Accessibility and exclusivity is a fine line and in a game where gear stratification does occur it is a sensitive balance.

1 Like

Jalen, you are contributing to the problem.

Again, three days left. I don’t want the clock ticking down, but it is.

Uh huh. Wah.

2 Likes

The irony for me is that for most of my characters, this mage included, the raid gear is NOT better itemized. Only the IL of mythic or a TF makes them better. The core issue is that Blizz wanted to get away from secondary stats being better than main stat to solve the “problem” of people keeping lesser IL gear over new, higher IL pieces. Unfortunately, they either failed to see or failed to execute a solution that, especially for casters, makes primary > secondary for stats. My mage and warlock all have int < any other stat and my spriest ranks int second from the bottom over only vers. Until class design is “fixed” this will continue to be so.

1 Like