No Sub = No forums

This was how it worked on the old forums (with the exception of the Support section and Classic), and likely will work here. IIRC, there was a bug when the forums went live that let unsubbed people post outside of those areas – not sure if it’s still active, but if it hasn’t been fixed, it will be soon enough.

1 Like

psst… did you know that when you unsub your time played is not cancelled right away? It makes sense considering that Blizz won’t give you a prorated refund for unused game time. So you can access both the game and the forums as long as there is game time in the account.

16 Likes

Sorry I meant more like if you can’t play the game you should not be able to complain about it. I edited the original post to fix that.

1 Like

Thats very true that you do keep your sub for an additional 30 after canceling but there have been people admitting to being unsubbed for X amount of time and now all of a sudden being able to post and respond on the forums again.

This is a logical idea. I like it. Strangely though I suspect there are some weirdos out there that pay their monthly fee just to come here to be malcontents.

1 Like

The only forums for WoW you should be able post on without a sub is the Classic forum and the Support forum.

You actually need a subscription to post on any other WoW category. This case has not changed from the old forums and isn’t something we’re wanting to change.

23 Likes

i think people who aren’t playing the game can still have things to say about it, especially when news/info about it can be found online every where, there are also people who don’t own the game yet and may simply want to ask questions about how it’s like or talk with other people about it, not all forum posts are also directly about critiquing the current state of the game but are simply about discussing it, or possibly playing forum games, additionally not everyone has the money to maintain a sub fee, so they can’t talk about it when they’ve run out of money, there are also veteran players who used to play the game/know a lot about it that still deserve to be able to talk about the game

8 Likes

IIRC there was a brief moment in time where the new forums were allowing non-subs to post here to GD. The blues quickly pointed out that would be ‘rectified’.

AFAIK, right now, only active players can post to GD.

4 Likes

Can we get this blue his avatar back, please…

8 Likes

Yakkity yak please come back

26 Likes

Ah sorry I just see people forums claiming not been subbed for sometime coming on the forums to complain. apparently those people must of been from the people who were using the bug. Glad to see Blizzard is taking care of their forums. :grinning:

For real. THE YAK IS NEEDED. THIS IS PRIORITY ONE; GET ON IT, FORUM DEVS.

7 Likes

I’m currently unsubbed and have been able to post since the new forums came out. Though the reason I am not playing isn’t because the game sucks its because I am out of town and won’t be back to play for another week.

Probably won’t be able to post after this lol :smiley:

3 Likes

Yea its like complaining about master loot when you arent a mythic raider. Its like complaining about the state of mythic plus without timing a 3. Its like complaining about racials without bg/3s rating above 500. So par for the course I would say.

1 Like

AFAIK, right now, only active players can post to GD.

Nope. Can still post.

Probably won’t be able to soon hahaha

Thanks for letting us know something fishy might still be up, we’re looking into it to get that fixed. <3

5 Likes

Don’t you want feedback from unsubbed people?

6 Likes

This reminds me of the whole Facebook/Russian ads nonsense in 2016.
I seriously doubt if anyone here is going to quit playing the game over some disgruntled ex anymore than anyone voted for the other guy because of some Russian bots on Facebook.

Most people have already made up their minds either way.
I dont think WoW is in any danger over ex players posting here as long as they obey the rules.

Yeah, I know the new forums did change it as per this post You don’t need a sub to post now! - #15 by Linsivi

I just don’t know if they have it all fixed yet. So there WAS a point where unsubbed folks could post here.

As is this account. I honestly thought it was a move to improve communication.
Any response to the idea of a single avatar for the forums to imorove feedback and hopefully player participation?

1 Like