2h Frost (and Frostmourne) megathread

Better go to the Nathrezim homeworld to find the creator. You are just wasting your time in the Shadowlands.

We do get this. But WE ARE GOING WITH THE NEW LORE NOT THE LORE THAT BLIZZ GOT RID OF.

2 Likes

They’re correct here actually. Unless it changes in the future, the Nathrezim are still the known creators of the blade. It was just the Forge of Domination that they used that’s in the Shadowlands.

Nathrezim are quite fond of forging evil Runeblades.

2 Likes

According to what Blizz had said that we will meet the creator of Forstmorune and The lich kings armor at the forge of damnation.

How the Nathrezim got them was they stole them from the the smith at the forge of damnation.

This is what was said at blizzcon

1 Like

Lets just say this was true, which it isnt, how did the Nathrezim get to the Shadowlands to steal the items, or even use the forge to create them.

They have said that Demons dont go there and that the only way to get there is death, and demons when they die return to the twisting nether.

The “new” lore is just horrible in terms of story telling. So many people are forgetting some of these things that Blizzard has clearly stated. Its a garbage story by writers that dont know past lore and didnt bother to even look it up. It was pretty set in stone.

Does the lore even matter most people just want the transmog. Anyways they have done larger retcons before.

1 Like

Completely unrelated link of how we’ve been to the Shadowlands before, many times, without dying.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Shadowlands#Appearances

2 Likes

demons can get anywhere with prep

I’ve been trying to think of a way to reconcile the discordant pieces of background fluff (sorry, nothing in this game is deep enough for me to call it lore) concerning frostmourne without retcons and backpedaling. We’ve been told:

1. Frostmourne was made by the Nathrezim.
  2. It was forged at the Forge of Domination in the Shadowlands.
  3. The only way in to the Shadowlands is death.
  4. Demons don’t go to the Shadowlands upon death, they’re recycled into the nether.

The only thing I’ve seen about crossing through to the Shadowlands is concerning people/souls/whatever, conceivably objects could still have a way to go in and out. Nathrezim have been known to bind souls to objects, and are masters of possession.

Hypothetically, could a Nathrezim bind he soul of one of their master smiths to an object, send it over to the Shadowlands, control/possess someone already there, forge Frostmourne at the Forge of Domination, send the sword back to Azeroth? Any holes I’m missing?

In regards to Maiden and going into the Shadowlands, I see it as entirely possible that we’ve just been skimming the surface of the Shadowlands without properly going in. I can see that as a way to explain away our previous Shadowlands experiences, including simply being in ghost form.

1 Like

If its a place for souls, that would suggest that the material cannot get there. Only now, as stated by Blizzard, is the barrier broken and the world of the living and the afterlife is directly linked. The only way in is death, no way out. Except for the one person they hinted at escaping.

They have written themselves into this corner. If you look at the WoW Universe map the shadowlands is there, but why would the LK be drawing power from it and not from the realm of Undead and Necromancy which falls under Death which is opposite of Life, Nature and the Wild Gods. They even used this map to show that the Shadowlands was always there.

When you start to dig into the lore, its a complete mess. I really dont know how Nobbel can do it without any questions. I mean hes up to his neck in lore and not a single question. Red Shirt Guy at a Blizzcon made the devs and writters scratch their heads. They dont know their own lore which is the sad part because they are the ones writing it.

What exactly about the Shadowlands being a repository for souls suggests that objects can’t go in or out?

1 Like

Well then what would stop someone, say Sylvanas from just going there?

Unless you’re suggesting that Sylvanus is an object I’m not sure what you’re getting at. We already know that there’s a mechanism for regulating the flow of souls in the Shadowlands.

1 Like

Doesn’t have to be classified as an object, but physical. A hammer would be physical, and she would be physical as well. So if that object can pass over, somehow which is just something else that would have to be explained, then Thrall should be able to from the same process, or demons, or King Wrynn or whoever or whatever you want to send there. Kind of defeats the death requirement of going there.

Sounds like a nice idea, but I think we should have Frostmourne and the alt versions be linked to the Shadowlands somehow to keep up with the lore, and the current xpac both. Also, I think Frostmourne’s hilt might still be intact, so we can use that as well to reforge Frostmourne too, not just the Twin Blades.

That’s a very good way to put it, but I believed that since the Shadowlands are a world of it’s own, the Nathrezim could find a way into it in secret from the rest of the Legion. And I agree that the Shadowlands are like the Emerald Dream in that sense, that we were just skimming the surface of the Shadowlands this whole time, never going in that far deep into them like we do now. Where the Covenants and the Maw are located.

It’s just what the sword represents. Frostmourne loses its significance if there are millions of dks running around with it.

Dont think it ruins anything ashbringer isn’t ruined by it being an artifact the doomhammer isn’t either.

6 Likes

They don’t really hold as much significance anymore. Besides frostmourne was shattered, made into dual swords which were then sacrificed at the end of legion. I’d be happier to have the hammer bolvar uses in the cinematic. That thing is cool.

How did you manage to put those statements next to each-other and not see how they contradict?

4 Likes

I don’t think that’s necessarily the case they’re still some of the mos iconic weapons in the game they’re is no need to make them unsusable. Does nearly everyone having a lightsaber in swtor make lightsabers less interesting? As long as a swords design is good people will like it regardless of how many people have it.

3 Likes