2h Frost (and Frostmourne) megathread

Lore isn’t really the issue to be honest. its mostly just the fact the devs don’t want anyone playig lich king.

3 Likes

Yeah. Honestly, I wish they just never gave any of us the iconic weapons in Legion, but that’s water past the bridge.

1 Like

Haha, you stand on that hill arguing that. Enjoy.

1 Like

I’m not completely sure how either of those relate, since C.Ashbringer is now a skin(thus available) and Atiesh is currently wielded by a lore-character.

EDIT: disregard previous edit, shoddy memory strikes again

What words in your mouth? Those are my words taken from in game. Frostmournes story is over, its stated in game.

Its not coming back for you to get a replica of it.

There is a similar version of C.Ashbringer but the exact replica of it is no longer available unless you obtained it prior to WotLK

1 Like

Yeah I remember the skin was in the game a long-long time ago. But yeah, I think you’re right that the skin has since been removed.

Speaking of which, I wish the original Corrupted Ashbringer was available as a tmog. That would have been pretty nice. Maybe even one based off the Diablo 3 version if not the exact same one from before. The artifact appearance honestly felt a bit off without the runes or whatever markings were on the side. I think I would have liked it more if those markings were on the newer Corrupted Ashbringer too, or even updated versions of those same markings.

you´re 100% wrong… shadowmourne was made to replic frostmourne, while doing the quests to forge shadowmourne while your walking inside icc the lich king will eventually mocks you by telling you that what you´re doing is no different by what he does, by growing your own power feasting on the souls of the slain.
and the twin blades, you´re wrong again, do u know that skeleton guy that makes the forge you use for your artifact inside the dk order hall? he clearly says to you empower your weapon with the souls you get by fighting the legion, it is also stated by him and the lich king bolvar that the twin blade are now empty of souls containing only arthas and nerzhul so you need to gather souls all over again

2 Likes

Shadowmourne deals with soul fragments and doesnt kill the user. Its a mimick and it was stated that Arthas might strike you down because you were trying to mimick his most prized possession. Not to mention all the warriors and paladins that used it would be toast. When Arthas picked up Frostmourne, his soul was devoured instantly.

For the Blades of the Fallen Prince, I cant find anything that supports that.

Those were the remnants of nerzul and arthas, not their souls. It is their personality stain on the blsdrs.

It is stated Arthas is in the maw od the damned, where sylvanas went the second time she died.
Nerzul himself was contained in the helm of domination which was destroyed.

Shadowmourne is considered the sistee blade and equal to frostmourne.

1 Like

maybe yes… but just outside the box, mechanically speaking our character is crap depending on the gear, what we can actually do is nerfed in game for balance purposes.
i mean that tier set that we got in legion and the whole dk class mount was a lot based on the lich king.

1 Like

Those may be the remnants of Arthas and Ner’zhul actually, not their actual souls, but otherwise, you’re right about all that. I should have pointed out those too, but I thought others knew that as well. I was already trying to make a log of my Shadowmourne quest anyway.

true, thx i had forgot about that

1 Like

No problem, it is easy to forget.
When you’re doing the quest, Nerzul and Arthas are speaking lines from TF3, back from when Arthas was trying to resist taking hold of Frostmourne under the whispers of Nerzul iirc.

You cleanse the blades of their influence and assert dominance of the blade.

Yeah, glad to be of help with clearing up that one here also.

i would named “FROST BLOOD” ohhh… yeah… nice WotLK Times.

For that I would like that versatility that gave the DK at the beginning to use the 3 runes present and the death rune combinations at the beginning and give versatility of not caring if using tank or dps in any spec talent.

https://i.postimg.cc/J4qWv8RV/talents.jpg
1 Like

My suggestion is and remains that they should allow Death Knights and Shamans to Glyph 2h weapons in Frost, and when they do the second weapon is rendered invisible. This would allow both “2h” Enhance and Frost, while retaining their distinctive play-styles.

And please. For the love of all that is Unholy. Give DKs Frostmourne. The Blades are inert now thanks to the Legion. Give DKs a quest to reforge the iconic Runeblade that is ‘their’ Ashbringer in Shadowlands, eh?

6 Likes

Transmog option to swap into 2hander look would fix the problem no? We can already mog whatever into dual daggers on feral or dual clws on guardian or sword+orb on fire etc. We go the tech, thhey just need to implement it

1 Like

I have made a few post on how blizzard could do this without screwing up the lore. Basicly we take the 2 1h swords to the guy that made them in shadowlands. He takes them and reforges them into Frostmourne.

We then could be given an option in the weapon forge for our artifact where we could hit a button and go from 1h swords to 2h Frostmorne.

1 Like