Today's Dreamseed Hotfixes

At about 3:21 p.m. PST today, to address a situation where Dream Wardens Renown could be infinitely farmed, we temporarily hotfixed the game to limit impact while we investigated the situation and evaluated our options. What we did at that time was to make it so that contributing only Dewdrops in the Emerald Bounty no longer granted Rep, while contributing seeds (any seed) to the Emerald Bounty did grant Rep.

We don’t want the most efficient way to max out a Renown to be pure grinding. So with a hotfix that we applied to the game at about 7:24 p.m. PST, we’ve reinstated Dream Wardens Rep from Dewdrop contributions into Medium and Large Emerald Blooms, with a large up front Rep bonus to the first five each week. It will remain open-endedly grindable, and for anyone who was doing a moderate number of seeds per week, it will be a net improvement.

We apologize for the confusion today.

22 Likes

So you decided that the best way to deal with it is to make it weekly, and then keep the doubling so you can just randomly get super far ahead?

11 Likes

So the people who grinded only partially get screwed over the most. Nice fix.

23 Likes

Hey, so one of my friends didn’t proc any 500 rep ones tonight. Is he just out 1/2 of the possible rep this week now? No, that’s no good. Don’t cap it based on the number of seeds, but the total rep gained from the seeds.

6 Likes

This is why 3 day early access is bad for WoW.

61 Likes

I mean, I think that those 3 days will be completely non-functional based on every other patch in wow history. Just beta testing for all the people who didn’t pay extra.

3 Likes

Woooo… dat’s gonna make 'em maaaaad. Dis is gonna be a fun thread.

3 Likes

wait… so you “don’t want the most efficient way to max out a Renown to be pure grinding,” but the most efficient way to max out the dream wardens rep continues to be having an alt, grinding the renown to 10 on that, and then doing it all over again on your main to get double rep to 9 and then using tokens to get to max?

12 Likes

Let’s be honest, they might break this method tomorrow.

2 Likes

Thanks for the communication, Kaivax. I like the grind-a-bility here, feels old school to me. With a soft threshold/DR component to help ensure there’s less stratification of renown amongst player types.

I like this, because it helps foster more community - instead of just getting your “5 and done”, there’s incentive to contribute to help others reach their own thresholds.

7 Likes

This hotfix seems to have (possibly inadvertently?) removed crests from them as well. Can we please get confirmation if this was intended?

1 Like

Sounds good to me! Let people grind if they want, the rest of us don’t have to and still get a decent amount.

Exactly!

4 Likes

This is why people paid for the early access.

2 Likes

Im just honestly impressed you pulled another zalerak caverns but instead of it lasting a week you killed the zone within a day lol

18 Likes

Did this hotfix also resolve the dungeon timer issue?

2 Likes

So if you don’t proc the double rep on the first 5 of the week you are just out 1250 rep?

7 Likes

And then the renown drops to 5 per bloom. Quadrupling the grind requirement for those of us wanting to majorly farm because there’s nothing else for high-end raiders and m+ers to do. There’s no end game content this week, at least let us grind and not make it useless to do so. 5 per bloom isn’t near enough. Bring it back to 20, or better yet, higher.

3 Likes

Ive still gotten 2x drake crests each time, even after the rep plummeted from 250 > 10.

Korthia had more content and they don’t want us to notice

11 Likes

Looking forward to a gaggle of people whose hardest content is LFR getting extremely mad.