Character Transfers Update -- May 1

As a reminder, there are a number of services available to players who wish to change where their character is situated.

• Realm transfers are available between many realms. These can be initiated by logging into the game and entering the Shop on the bottom left of the character selection screen.

• Many potential realm transfers are free. See our Support Article for a full list of free transfers.

• The Faction Change service is available. This can be initiated by logging into the game and entering the Shop on the bottom left of the character selection screen.

• Restrictions on using transfers and boosts on (previously) ‘Fresh Start’ realms have been lifted. Players can transfer to and from those realms, as well as use a Character Boost on a character created on a (previously) ‘Fresh Start’ realm.

UPDATE MAY 1

The following free character transfers are now available in this region.

FROM TO
Angerforge Whitemane
Angerforge Eranikus
Angerforge Sulfuras
Skyfury Whitemane
Skyfury Eranikus
Skyfury Sulfuras
Earthfury Whitemane
Earthfury Eranikus
Earthfury Sulfuras
Myzrael Atiesh
Myzrael Old Blanchy
Maladath Atiesh
Maladath Ashkandi
Azuresong Atiesh
Azuresong Old Blanchy

Thank you very much!

36 Likes

Can we transfer from skyfury to benediciton now? I just logged in and checked, it still said benediction was locked. is there a full list of available servers?

8 Likes

Any chance we can have free transfers from Era PvP servers to PvE?

4 Likes
  • Restrictions on using transfers and boosts on (previously) ‘Fresh Start’ realms have been lifted. Players can transfer to and from those realms, as well as use a Character Boost on a character created on a (previously) ‘Fresh Start’ realm.

When does this part start? Faerlina still locked.

3 Likes

Reminder, you can swipe your credit card to fix the problems we created.

You killed skyfury by keeping it locked for so long, let us off now, there’s less than 1k on both factions.

Your support article also says skyfury is locked from transfers. atelast update it to be correct to what you’re saying in this post.

22 Likes

I would appreciate this more if the last character transfer I bought actually worked. I wanted to move a character from my secondary account to my primary, and it keeps telling me that the destination realm (not sure why it says realm instead of account) is full in red text. So that was a waste of money.

2 Likes

When are race changes coming?

3 Likes

You can’t transfer characters between accounts.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, why are some servers still locked at this point? Pagle was been unlocked for a few months now while Sulfuras has remained locked despite Pagle having a higher population than Sulfuras.

5 Likes

I see. You said that at the beginning – “as a reminder”. Remind what the customers can do with the limited unsatisfactory options instead of giving what customers are asking for. It literally means that you won’t do anything to resolve the issues and you customers just take it or unsub. Good try for a communication blue post after being silent for such a long time. :-1:

5 Likes

Honestly, with the way that blizzard has handled server populations in classic, they really should just shut down the mega servers and force everyone to free transfer to other servers, placing a faction pop cap on each server so people can only transfer to servers that haven’t met it.

The mega servers are just way too rediculous.

Also, cancel all auctions and force each server economy to start from scratch so it’s not so heavily inflated.

1 Like

So what’s the purpose of this post?
Blizzard just here to ridicule the players stay in dead server not willing to pay for the transfer.

12 Likes

This is getting to a point of utter nonsense. You guys FINALLY did something after months and almost a year of absolutely nothing to help fix Sulfuras only to turn around, open up a “Full” server like Whitemane to transfer, while idly sitting by and allowing Sulfuras to once again die.

I can’t tell you how many times people have told me they have “friends waiting to transfer” to Sulfuras only to be locked out while we have almost 1/3 the raiding population as Whitemane and still zero action on your part.

Incredibly disappointing once again. You guys have done an amazing job of being totally useless when it comes to helping balance the servers better. It ruins the game for people and forces them into paying you money to try to “fix” the problem.

To put it into perspective:

Sulfuras has lost nearly 65-70% of its population since Wrath’s launch (20k or so active raiders to under 7k) and Whitemane has effectively remained unchanged (hovering between 18-20k).

Being on Sulfuras since the beginning, this server has been through a lot and it almost entirely revolves around incompetency from Blizzard.

7 Likes

Posted on wrong character.

Can you at least recognize finally the current status of skyfury as a very low population server and consider enabling free transfer? it is currently unplayable.

If u dont have intention of enabling it, at least be smart enough to say it and stop the poor hope of the small amount of ppl currently playing on the server hoping to receive a transfer anytime in the future.

3 Likes

What, exactly, is this update post meant to do? Tell us that Blizz can, in fact, still find the Classic forum?

9 Likes

Clearly, Blizzard is receiving lots of feedback about servers dying. Are there actually people that didn’t know about paid transfers already? Cmon, Blizz! Couldn’t even update your support article before pointing people to it with an official blue post! (Skyfury is not locked for paid transfers anymore.)

2 Likes

Sulfuras is slowly dying again for the 5th time yet you cant transfer there from any server. Also you can transfer from benediction to eranikus which has a higher pop but not to sulfuras?? what is the logic

6 Likes

Please do something for remulos horde.

2 Likes