Transfer Restrictions and Free Character Transfers Now Available -- Updated Nov. 22

Yes you can move all your characters for free I just did it

1 Like

that’s literally exactly what went through my head too… those slimy rats.

I mean you guys are only offeri g xferrs off Benidicition to 3 dead servers. I dont want to take my character to a server with a population of 90… Offer me a better option amd Ill gladly not spend 4 hours waiting to play.

What was the update?

Eranikus is coming.

Update

To provide players who wish to escape the queues with a pristine environment to begin creating communities together, we have now opened a new destination realm for Free Character Transfers from overpopulated realms: Eranikus (PvP).

This realm can only be accessed via free transfer from Benediction, Faerlina, or Grobbulus. Additionally, all four of these realms are now locked for character creation, which means that it is only possible to create a character on the realm if you already have a character on that realm.

Please note: we will close free transfers to Eranikus when we see it approaching a population that is so high that it might begin queueing. This may occur without a great deal of warning.

Over the last week, transfers to the Sulfuras realm have been successful enough that it is approaching full population. To prevent Sulfuras from requiring a queue, we will close Free Character Transfers to Sulfuras tomorrow, Thursday, September 8 at 12:00 Noon PDT.

Thank you very much for going forth and populating this new realm!

3 Likes

And if this doesnt work out cause not enough ppl move or it becomes too heavy one faction to the point it dies then what?

From the beginning you should have just taken all the servers that were deleted and move them to one server. It wouldnt be mega but at least it wouldnt have added more ppl to already full servers.

7 Likes

Great, thank you for the update.

Can we please be allowed to transfer characters if we already have a character on the realm?

4 Likes

So what about players that transferred off there to Sulfuras but now their guild would rather go to Eranikus they cannot join them there?

3 Likes

Just to be clear, i appreciate your efforts in doing something.

With that said, closing them off before queues start and disabling creation or xfers before they get massively overpopulated needed to be status quo to prevent this gigantic matzah ball.

But i appreciate something.

1 Like

Well, now you can pay to move to eranikus.

Benediction is still full, and people who have not transferred yet obviously will not. so what will be done to free up ques because this transfer stuff is not working.

This is incorrect. Eranikus can only be populated via free transfers from Benediction, Faerlina, or Grobbulus.

3 Likes

It would require 10000 people to go somewhere else still.

nice blizzard now i cannot join the server with my friends, a great experience, i was stuck in the queue without the option to change server on 30th september, nice blizzard THANKS A LOT

1 Like

And thats going to remain forever. Seems odd it will be the server you can never transfer too months later.

Not sure why all medium servers aren’t targets for transfers. Choose between a new realm or Sulfuras (which is already nearing capacity) :upside_down_face:

Dikko the Gnome does not approve.

4 Likes

I think they assume the med realm pops will explode on wotlk release.

1 Like

They would already be for prepatch. Like the other servers are.