Burning Crusade Classic Patch Notes Version 2.5.4

Burning Crusade Classic Patch Notes
Version 2.5.4
March 22, 2022

New 10 player raid: Zul’Aman
Defeat the devious warlord Zul’jin at the seat of power of the Amani trolls and stop him from exacting his deadly vengeance.

• Raid bosses: 6 (Nalorakk, Akil’zon, Jan’alai, Halazzi, Hex Lord Malacrass, Zul’jin.)
  • Level: 70

There is no attunement required to enter the instance. Zul’Aman has a 3-day reset lockout.

Timed challenge: Amani War Bear

Zul’jin and his lieutenants are holding several hostages in Zul’Aman. When you enter the instance, the Amani will begin preparations to terminate them. If you defeat one of Zul’jin’s lieutenants and reach a hostage before time runs out, you’ll be rewarded with an additional piece of loot and a timer extension—a brief stay of execution. Rescue all hostages, and your raid will be rewarded with one Amani War Bear epic mount.

Updates

• Doomlord Kazzak and Doomwalker now drop Bind on Equip loot.
  • The following bosses can now drop Badges of Justice:
    • Doomlord Kazzak and Doomwalker
    • All bosses in Karazhan, Gruul’s Lair, and Magtheridon’s Lair
    • All bosses in Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep
    • All bosses in Zul’Aman
  • G’eras in Shattrath now has new, more powerful wares to offer in exchange for Badges of Justice.
  • Greater Drums, Knothide Quiver, and Knothide Ammo Pouch can now be obtained from Outland faction vendors.
  • Primal Nether and Nether Vortex are no longer soulbound.
  • Nether Vortex can be purchased for Badges of Justice from G’eras in Shattrath.
  • Magtheridon’s Black Sack of Gems and Jewelcrafter’s Brilliant Glass can now contain epic gems.
    • Please note that existing Brilliant Glasses and previously looted, unopened Black Sack of Gems will not contain epic gems.
  • With the release of Zul’Aman:
    • The Battle for Mount Hyjal and The Black Temple no longer require attunement to enter.
    • The reputation requirement to purchase Heroic dungeon keys has been reduced to Honored.
    • Heroic dungeons have been adjusted to their “final” 2.4.3 state.

User Interface

• New accessibility options such as Text to Speech and Speech to Text have been added to Burning Crusade Classic. You can learn more about these features here.
  • There is now a display option to Show Free Bag Space in Interface Options.
  • The search bar has been restored to the Professions UI.
  • Advanced Combat Logging will now report exact health values for NPC creatures.

Bug Fixes

• The correct number of lifetime Honorable Kills will display when inspecting another players Honor tab.
  • The Skull of Impending Doom and Nifty Stopwatch items no longer cause players to drop the flag in PvP Battlegrounds.
  • Resolved an issue that caused players to sometimes not receive credit when completing the quest “The Missing Diplomat”.
  • Resolved an issue with certain channeled and lightning affect visuals that caused them to appear incorrectly.
  • Resolved an issue that caused Hunter pets to not path properly in some areas in Serpentshrine Cavern.
  • Fixed a visual issue that caused channeled beam effects to not display properly on subsequent rapid recasts.
  • Resolved an issue that caused many periodic healing effects to not trigger item and spell procs.
95 Likes

Oof, a little early IMO.

28 Likes

Never post again… Elitist

9 Likes

Thanks for the update Kaivax :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Now I do not need an addon for this, right?

6 Likes

Absolutely not. Why keep that annoying attunement 2 months after the content is released???

3 Likes

are the attunements removed today with the update or when the raid releases on Thursday?

4 Likes

Noob here, I tried googling but what does this mean?

4 Likes

Not really. Everyone that has been here is all ready attuned.

Removing attunements makes sense if you want players to return to the game.

3 Likes

attunements should be required. if you want to play this game, you should have to play this game. if you don’t like it, play a different game.

9 Likes

so we won’t be seeing you in wolk I assume?

5 Likes

still got this message when try to login “An updated version of World of Warcraft is available. Please launch the Battle.net app to download the update.”

1 Like

they screwed up the launcher again. I think it was 2 or 3 weeks back I had an issue with the launcher and I ended up having to delete it and reinstall it from the battle.net site. Hopefully this issue is as easy to fix.

1 Like

heroics should be noticeably easier. I don’t have values for you but if you have experience doing heroics in the current version of tbc and you do some heroics from today onward, you should feel that they get a lot easier.

3 Likes

I’m definitely in the “removing the attunements from BT and Hyjal is a little early here” but on the other hand, I have two alts about to hit 70 and now I don’t have to do anything other than the Hyjal attunement for the ring. Blessed. That being said, if you haven’t done the quests on one character, you really should. I just wish Blizzard had removed the attunements for people who completed them on one character, and if it is your first character, you still need to get it done. I think that would have been a good balance. The quest is cool, you should do it anyway.

3 Likes

Fighting the good fight against that toxicity problem I see…

3 Likes

Will Zul’Aman reset 3 days after the Thursday release, or will it reset on Friday to follow the same schedule ZG and AQ20 are currently resetting on? (ZG and AQ20 just reset this morning so their next reset is on Friday)

1 Like

It keeps people interested in running T5 content. BC, unlike all the following expansions, had all raid tiers maintain relevance well into t6. It doesn’t seem right for people to jump directly from gruul/mag/za pugs into Hyjal/BT.

The very small barrier of t5 completion offered some level of assurance that the members of your PUG group (because this isn’t a relevant discussion for guild runs) have at least raided something beyond Karahan.

7 Likes

Feels a little early to remove attunements, we’re in the 9th lockout, T5 didn’t have attunements lifted until lockout 12 or 13.

6 Likes