Development Preview: Cross-Faction Instances

Development Preview: Cross-Faction Instances

Get an inside look at the upcoming implementation of cross-faction instances with design insights from Game Director Ion Hazzikostas.

View Full Article

295 Likes

Does the system include the ability to keep night elves out of my groups?

47 Likes

At long last.

88 Likes

Based as hell. Thank you blizz

37 Likes

TY for this.

21 Likes

Holy cow.

You guys banned boosts and now this, all in the same day?

Is it CHRISTMAS!!!?

202 Likes

FINALLY!

Back to the Alliance folks!

32 Likes

So close… and a miss. Without guilds this is pretty pointless IMO.

120 Likes

Lets goooooooooo

6 Likes

its happening… ITS HAPPENING!!!

59 Likes

Guilds too please… I want to play me a DI dwarf but we like to keep everything in guild :frowning:

137 Likes

And yet you still manage to “Blizz” it up. Without guilds this is pointless

62 Likes

Are people gonna do cross faction on purpose to min max for racials?

8 Likes

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

7 Likes

Just get rid of the factions once and for all. Faction leaders are working together all the time. This is such a waste of programming hours.

76 Likes

Well how about that?! I think most knew this would be here one day. This feels like an expansion feature. A .5 patch having something like this is rather large.

7 Likes

I…am I dreaming? Someone pinch me am I dreaming?

13 Likes

omg. it’s happening.

8 Likes

Almost good. Cross-faction guilds should also exist. Guilds can and should be allowed to exist outside the concept of faction identity. Also, this won’t change raiding guilds requiring a particular faction if you want access to guild resources for guild activities, which makes it DOA for many of us.

Edit: I respect that there is heavy tech debt in this. Thank you for this step, and I hope you’ll soon announce a long-term intention to detach guilds from factions, and give us the choice there too. Thank you!

Edit2: Can you remove the cost from faction transfers and just be happy with race change fees please?

130 Likes

Revamping the whole game while maintaining faction-specific legacy content, to say nothing of PvP would be a titanic effort.

This is actually the simplest compromise.

6 Likes