A Winter Veil Gift in tbc

So every year we are always able to open up the presents under the xmas tree, however in tbc they added a new one which was: the Winter veil gift. Now I was anxiously waiting for it since it gives you a pet: Clockwork Rocket Bot, that will become unobtainable after the event ends. I don’t know if anyone has been able to get it or did something in order to get that pet because I wasn’t able to and it would be a shame if blizzard simply forgot to add this amazing pet that was only available for a short period of time in 2007.

2 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t care so if it isn’t there it isn’t there.

3 Likes

the same thing happened when the Brewfest event came out and they didn’t allow us to buy the Brewfest Prize Ticket but after we started to complain about it so much they just simply added it to the game. Not sure if that’s gonna be the case here but i still think blizzard somewhat cares about it.

Experiencing the same issue, as well as some other people in the Bug Report forums

I don’t think this will be the same case at all. Brewfest is a fake WoW holiday so devs are still working during the event.

Feast of Winter veil is on-going with two real life holidays and most game studios “shut down” for these holidays. So I doubt there will be someone that will just patch it in.

1 Like

not only that but there is just like 1-4 developers working for
classic TBC so…yeah

Don’t count on it getting fixed. TBC has so many glaring bugs and flaws compared to the original. Lizzard just isn’t putting the man power on this project.

6 Likes

Last year they never fixed resetting the gift quests and likely because by the time they got to the bug, the event was over.

Most players may not care about this so its harder to get the traction in the 8 days we have left but the more replies to this forum post the better visibility it will get.

Aside from that all we can do is submit tickets, request to escalate those tickets, and submit bug reports en masse.

Man its such a bummer they couldn’t figure out how to just make it be the tbc event instead of just the classic one again. It is a stupid little thing to look forward to, but i was definitely looking forward to the pet. Very disappointing they cant even put in the small amount of effort it would take to give the community this one new thing. Oh well, i am not counting on this getting fixed… . Blizzardo and ruining xmas, name a more iconic duo.

1 Like

There’ll be a toy vendor in Dalaran in Wrath Classic that will sell the clockwork rocketbot.

Actually, the Clockwork Robot sold by the vendor is a blue reskin. The only time to get the Red Clockwork Robot would be now.

1 Like

Hmm… That was so long ago. I don’t think I ever got my red clockwork rocketbot added to my toy collection UI.

Greatfather winter hid his best present a bit too well this year, but he’s now found it and returned it to the top of the pile in Ironforge and Orgrimmar. Apologies and enjoy your Clockwork Rocket Bot!

16 Likes

Lol really dude? It’s a literal Christmas miracle that this was fixed. Save your request for another day.

7 Likes

Textbook example of how its never enough no matter what Blizzard does. Literally fixed a major issue and people still crawl out of the woodwork to trash them.

Thankyou for getting it fixed!

5 Likes

It’s not enough when all of the issues brought up are ignored and never fixed, no. Perhaps if they’d grace us with a response more than once a year people wouldn’t be so salty.

1 Like

can you fix the game instead of deleting comments on a thread about a stupid christmas pet everyone will forget lmao

4 Likes

Happy Holidays Nerdrage!

2 Likes

I mean… he did fix the game by hotfixing the present in

2 Likes