☽ Lunar Festival 2021 [Complete]

Fourth annual festival on WRA! Original event by Acrona of AD EU.

Lunar Festival Champions 2021

:crown: :trophy: :crown:

Moonball Champion
Dumpling Connoisseur
Lunar Loremaster
Athaea Lonelight
Lyristâ
Gyozi

:volleyball: Moonball Winners :volleyball:
1. Athaea
2. Quorala
3. Anarisil

:dumpling: Dumpling Eating Contest :dumpling:
1. Lyristâ
2. Shaureyne
3. Kurelnth

:checkered_flag: Saber Team Victors :checkered_flag:
Maurice Cain
Mozelle Deliond
Allethea Windhowl

:scroll: Festival Historians :scroll:
1. Gyozi
2. Talimas Oaksong
3. Pah’kota

:performing_arts: Costume Contest Winners :performing_arts:
Talimas Oaksong & Pah’kota - Best Lunar Themed Couple
Oberon Lunetous - Best Individual Lunar Theme
Konitzkou & Talthorne - Best Historical Couple

The Lunar Festival is a time of celebration, hosted by the Cenarion Circle. The peoples of Azeroth celebrate their triumph of many thousands of years ago, when an alliance of good races - the kaldorei, shu’halo, furbolgs, and earthen - defeated the terrible threat of the Burning Legion. It has been a time of remembrance for the valor and wisdom of that ancient age.

How it Works

• Casual roleplay in Moonglade begins at 5pm (server) after the Tale of Omen Opening Ceremony.

• Wear formal or casual attire in keeping with the festival theme!

• Spectate or join in some of the festival events!

How can I get involved?

Come and enjoy some open world roleplay! Meet new people, visit with vendors, play some of the festival games, or create your own entertainment for others to enjoy too!

• Bards, poets and other characters with the skill of entertaining are welcome to performing at their leisure throughout the festival grounds!

• If you enjoy merchant RP, then this event is great for you to sell your wares freely! Join in the festivities or use them to strike up the crowd and rake in a profit! Food and drink stalls are especially welcome! No signups required!

Fun Items to Bring for Festival Roleplay

Festival Event Schedule

https://youtu.be/EN_3HGszSgY
Video by Shaureyne.

Event Album

Screenshots by various participants (including Shaureyne, Bovira, Celassa and Feyawen).

Photo Booth Album

Photos by Risri Elthron.

The festival celebrations begin with the in-character performance of the “Tale of Omen”. In this reenactment, characters illustrate the story of Omen, a beloved demigod blessed with immortality by Elune who fought against the Burning Legion and eventually fell to madness as a result of his fel-tainted wounds. The tale reaches its climax when ancient heroes assemble to defeat Omen with a dazzling display of magic.

Nighthaven’s annual dumpling eating contest is held in conjunction with the Lunar Festival to celebrate the many different styles and flavors of dumplings around Azeroth. The contest challenges the participants’ endurance and tenacity. The one who can consume the most in the allotted time wins.

OOC: In this simple /roll game, participants /roll 5 to determine how many dumplings they can eat per round. The contest lasts for a total of 5 rounds. The participant who was able to consume the most dumplings by the end of the 5th round wins!

While the festival stalls are open, visit the Moment in Time Photo Booth to commemorate the evening with a souvenir framed photograph. Individuals, couples and groups are encouraged to join in and have their photograph taken.

In addition, visitors may choose to enter the Lunar Festival “Love under the Moon” Costume contest. An array of themed costumes will be available or you can bring your own! (Tmog mounts will be available). Prizes will be awarded for best couple and single costumes in four categories (see the rules below for details).

S.E.L.F.I.E cameras will also be available for visitors to use throughout the evening to remember their experiences at the festival.

Love under the Moon Costume Contest Rules
Be creative, single or couple entries are valid. Pets are allowed to enhance your costume. Toys that do not transform are allowed, for example Pepe or the harp would be allowed but not any toy that transforms your actual transmog - Orb of the sindorei is allowed but not Mr. Smite etc…

Individual Costume Themes
Love is in the Air Theme
Celestial/Lunar Theme
Most Creative Festival Costume (ex. Earthen, Ancient Tauren, Dragons, Demons, Furbolg, Wild Gods - etc)

Couple Costume Themes
Love is in the Air Theme
Celestial/Lunar Theme
Best Azerothian Couple (ex. Shaw & Flynn, Tyrande & Malfurion, Elune & Malorne - etc)

OOC: The photo booth is open for walk-up roleplay for the duration of the Festival Stalls and will have Raffle Fortune Cookies available for sale as well. For the Transmog competition, entries will be photographed (screenshot) and submitted to the judges in a document for winners to be chosen at the appointed time.

The city of Nighthaven has supplied the Lunar Festival grounds with a bevy of canoes, rafts, and gondolas. Each of these boats is available for free-use down by the gondolier station. Most boats are small and only suitable for one rower, but some of the larger gondolas can carry two. Enjoy a leisurely cruise beneath a starry night sky out on Lake Elun’ara during the Lunar Festival. The host at the gondolier station may also have unique and festive items for sale, including Raffle Fortune Cookies.

OOC: Players can move to the Boat Ride area and summon their Love Boat (Toy), Wildseed Cradle (Mount), Anglers Fishing Raft (Toy), and float around Lake Elun’ara to enjoy some casual World Roleplay on the water.

Throughout the Lunar Festival event, participants can purchase fortune cookies from the event hosts! A fortune cookie is a crisp cookie with a piece of paper inside, a “fortune ticket”, on which is an aphorism, or a vague prophecy. Epic fortune tickets are even said to be worth 5,000 gold, which participants can turn into event hosts for a free Lunar Festival Mount of their choice.

OOC: Eating the fortune cookie yields a special fortune card. Fortune cards come in a variety of rarities ranging from 10 silver pieces all the way to 5,000 gold pieces. It’s best to hold onto your epic fortunes, because you could win something far better than a few pieces of coin! Turn in epic fortunes worth 5,000g to event hosts to win a special Lunar Festival store mount of your choice!

Poetry is language at its most distilled and powerful. Ordinary words have the potential to unveil truths, beauty, and ugliness alike. The art of the haiku aims to seek this in but three lines and seventeen syllables. No more, no less.

Revelers shall be invited to present their original haikus at a salon-style poetry circle hosted during the Festival. In light of the co-current celebrations of “Love is in the Air”, this year’s theme shall fittingly be TRUE LOVE. All forms of love will be celebrated, whether it be the intertwined destinies of soulmates, the affection of a mother for her child, the battle-forged bond between brothers-in-arms, or the tragic end of two star-crossed lovers.

OOC: This is not a competition. Time permitting, all gathered are welcome to share their work. All participants shall be awarded a free fortune cookie for the raffle.

Nine racers sign up in advance of the Festival to participate in an organized relay race wherein contestants ride the beasts of Moonglade: the noble sabers, the cunning wolves, and the brave bears. Speed won’t be everything in this competition - quick thinking, timing and dexterity are also essential. The grand prize for this competition is a Grand Lunar Festival Fortune, which may be split evenly among the members of the winning team.

Participants can sign up individually or in small groups, but all participants will be organized into one of the three teams below. To sign up, please reply to the thread below to submit your character’s entry into the relay race!

Racer Sign Up Slots

Saber Riders Wolf Riders Bear Riders
Allethea Aranë Anarisil
Mauricius Gotosh Kythera
Mozelle Kelthos Sil’fer

OOC: Teams of 3 players each must sign up via this forum post to participate in the race. No speed-enhancing talents, items, or buffs will be permitted. Teams are permitted only one class with a passive speed bonus to ensure the game is fair. Those who wish to participate are asked to ensure they have one of the following mounts: a saber, a worg/wolf, or a bear.

Test your wits and knowledge! At this lore trivia contest, participants are asked a question and the quickest to answer is awarded points. But be careful, for each new question becomes more difficult than the last! The one with the most points wins the quiz.

OOC: This is a lore trivia game, and the quickest person to correctly answer each question is awarded points. Easy questions award 1 point while more difficult questions award more points. This is entirely IC, and questions will be devised based on information that is historical knowledge that could easily be obtained by characters who aren’t afraid to pick up a book now and again.

A simple game in which players hurl balls at the opponent inside a marked area. The big balls used in the game have been coated with Moonglow, which makes them shimmer upon touch and fleetingly dazzle the opponent if hit in the face. If a player is hit three times, they fall out of the competition. The last person standing wins the round.

OOC: This is a Dazzling Rod game made to fit the festival theme in-character. Imagine the arcane blasts to be physical, purple moonglow-coated balls! Please make sure you have the [Dazzling Rod] toy prior to game start, otherwise you won’t be able to participate! For helpful links about obtaining the toy, see Video Guide to Obtain the Toy.

All festival revelers are invited to join a dragon parade leading north out of the Lunar Festival Grounds, to the city of Nighthaven. The parade ends with a fireworks display over Lake Elune'ara.

OOC: This is a literal dragon costume parade! Those interested in joining it are strongly encouraged to have their dragon costumes (in any color) ready, which can be obtained from Lunar Festival vendor Fariel Starsong in Moonglade!

14 Likes

Always fun and a good time!

1 Like

Really excited for the Valentine’s touch to this year’s festivities :purple_heart:

1 Like

Added to the LFRP calendar. I recommend joining the community and adding to the calendar yourself as I don’t see all events. Can’t wait for this year’s event!

1 Like

:checkered_flag: :izakaya_lantern: :checkered_flag:

We’re still seeking folks interested in signing up for the Mounted Relay Race. The grand prize for the winning team is 120,000 gold pieces. If you’re interested in signing up, please post a reply here!

Soon™ :flushed:

1 Like

THE LUCKY YUN HAS ARRIVED

https://youtu.be/Qzl9MMbGB5A

Trying to turn fortune in your favor? You’re in luck! The Pandaren elders claim that Lucky Yun will bestow prosperity upon anyone who touches its glittering hide. Take this ox by the horns and be prepared to meet your good fortune in Azeroth and beyond.*

It’s the teahouse’s third anniversary this month. Since there was a tea stall before there was a teahouse, and it was thanks to all of you that I had the courage to lease a building, how could I not come back to our roots?

It’s going to be a very busy weekend for Kunbo IC *, but I’m going to do my very best to dust off the stall - not just tea this time around, but also some of the popular noms we’ve been serving over the last couple of years.

hope it’s ok to put this here - the Lunar Festival is mentioned among the weekend’s other teahouse events.
*Quilen & Cloud Teahouse Open In Sri-La! - #169 by Kunboketlle-wyrmrest-accord

2 Likes

The Lunar Festival holiday begins today! Never too early to start honoring your ancestors! :izakaya_lantern:

2 Likes

Wow the level of detail you guys have made in this is amazing! I would’ve thought it was done by the developers!! I will try my hardest to come!

1 Like

:checkered_flag: :izakaya_lantern: :checkered_flag:

We’re still seeking folks interested in signing up for the Mounted Relay Race. The grand prize for the winning team is 120,000 gold pieces. If you’re interested in signing up as an individual relay racer, or with a group of friends, please post a reply here!

:tanabata_tree: :izakaya_lantern: :tanabata_tree:
Gather all to Moonglade,
Now’s the hour to revel!
Naught ahead but blessed days,
At the Lunar Festival!

2 Likes

Just a few more days! Come by and see the play! Participate in the race and moonball! Then come have your picture taken to treasure forever by Risri! Costume Contest, Haikus, Trivia, Dumpling Eating, and Fireworks! What more could you ask for? Prizes? Oh yeah, how about a Dragon Parade! Hope to see you there!

2 Likes

You guys have no idea how excited I am for this. Every event I go to, every time I’m in a certain city for cooking dailies or to use a less hectic AH, I remember how fun the Kaldorei seasonal festivals were and how much they contributed to me feeling at home in the RP community.

In addition to the teas and juices, I’ve cooked up some special treats for you all - Four Celestials Soup, and the honey-dipped deep-fried sweet buns that are becoming famous all over Pandaria. We’ll also be selling “Expedition Bentos”. A self-contained kit for getting a taste of the teahouse in your campfire cooking.

If Kunbo wasn’t already jumping up and down and dancing around about the wedding, he’d be jumping up and down, dancing around about the Lunar Festival.

2 Likes

Cylious will be there, traditional Kaldorei food in tow! Can’t wait. (Come with an empty stomach!)

1 Like

:izakaya_lantern: :confetti_ball: :izakaya_lantern:

Lunar Festival Map

Click to enlarge

3 Likes

My plan is to show up early: hopefully double-check with whoever is around from the organizers about anywhere they’d prefer to not have a food vendor, and find a decent spot outside somewhere between the pedestrian traffic and a quiet spot where customers can relax while they nom (eat) & nom (chat).

1 Like

You will find the best pedestrian traffic along the road, between the areas for the Relay Race and Dragon Parade. :partying_face:

1 Like

The trick is - not having trees block the line of site for the hungry & thirsty too soon. :stuck_out_tongue: Think I found a good one already :slight_smile:

If there is still space, I would like to ride a saber for the race! (As soon as I figure out how to unslot my mount boost gear…)

1 Like