Three Versions of the Campaign = Everyone's Happy!

I for one am also quite happy that Blizzard dropped the insanity that would have been to revoice the entire thing just to make a couple of insignificant and generally degenerative (i.e. WoW and book-related) lore changes.

1 Like

Why even bother posting if you aren’t adding anything new? Clearly this was already addressed.

So Blizzard are just liars or incompetent? If you were paying attention, they didn’t say either of those reasons were why they scrapped it, they said it was a result of feedback. If so, I’m asking why they didn’t just do three versions, like they promised. You’re cutting it down to just them being liars, essentially.

This is the type of player who gets tower rushed early and smashes his keyboard in baby rage. Lol. Someone must have struck a nerve if you’re getting so defensive.

List examples. Pro-Tip: You can’t.

Of course I can’t, these books are such trash that they’re unreadable, no one in their right mind would take halfway seriously, even as fantasy books. WoW is a hot mess of lore, it’s kinda hard to list examples since I’d end up talking about almost the entire game, certainly entire expansions that expanded (no pun intended) on topics/themes that were wholly unnecessary to know more about.

Blockquote Classic Version - The standard campaign

You are aware that the original Warcraft 3 RoC and TF have that CLASSIC version, standard campaign with original classic.
Your post is useless.

I 100% agree with you. But I don’t believe that they have the new stuff made like you said. They along the production noticed that there was no way there was going to be a 2019 release with all that. So they scrapped it, why do you think there was zero communication with the fans for a hole year?!
But it’s true that they can’t delay the product. If you go on BattleNet you can see there is a Release Window for the game: “On or before 31 decembre”, what by the looks of it might as well be a Release Date and say: “On 31 decembre”. And here’s the thing, when you allow a customer to pre-purchase a product at the same time that you say “it comes on THIS day” and then don’t deliver, that’s a serious crime.
So the game IS coming on the 31, or they are going to try and land the christmas season before that.

Version 1 - Classic Campaign:
This already exists.

Version 2 - Classic Remaster Campaign:
… you can see it in some way on youtube, some people already done this… Thanks to this strange ‘Warcraft III to Warcraft Reforged Crossover-System’ they simple have to import the old maps with some little changes… that should be no problem.

Version 3 - Expanded Reforged Campaign:
What have they done this entire year? Most of the campaign maps should already be finished with some design changes (Dalaran, Quel’thalas, Stratholme, etc). Now they can simply add some dialogs… maybe between Arthas and Anasterian Sunstrider. Arthas and Falric… or something else. And I think also, that the most parts of the new voicelines are already finished. So this is a thing that should be possible. And if NOT, I think no one (for those people who want this campaign) would be totally angry if they delay the Reforged Campaign a few month, or they release the human campaign first and the rest releases later… there is always a way.

And about the money. The 29438 Pre-Orders should be really enough. Im pretty sure Blizzard has no problem with ther finances.

I already waited 17 years… I can wait some month more, and I think Im quiet not the only one…

4 Likes

That’s what is so confusing, they either lied, over-promised, or couldn’t deliver, because the solution is so easy it makes me wonder why they didn’t think of it a year ago.

This, 1,000%.
I really don’t understand how they couldn’t come to this decision beforehand. Now we hear they went back to the Culling and removed 70% of the dialogue and had to change the cutscenes down a bit, it’s just laughable.

That time spent is wasted now because 1) a few purists cried and 2) Blizzard had the mind to REMOVE things rather than ADD more. Shameful really.

5 Likes

You’re right, but I think the bigger problem was… Why should we ask for and argue about something, that was already be announced and meant to be a main feature? There was no need to talk about something, it was great!
And after a year of silence. Aaaah okay… we cut that… what???

It’s the same, if someone tells me:

A: Today, we will make pizza.
B: But… we want pizza… can you please make pizza?
A: Yes, we already said that!
B: No, you don’t understand, we want Pizza!
A: Yes! There will be pizza!
B: Yeah, but we want pizza!

… months later
C: No, we don‘t want pizza!
A: Okay, no Pizza…

See? Thats stupid…

It’s the same with the Campaign, Voices and Cutscenes… (German client already got a new voiceover - don’t know if anyone else)
Why asking for something, that already has been promised?

‘We heard you community’ :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Who you talked with?
You heard what you want to hear, or you ignored the rest of us, or you thought this was everyones opinion. It was not!

If you were listening/reading anyways… do something! Make the game you initially wanted to make! It sounded so perfect…

3 Likes

I agree with you, it’s complete nonsense, and it feels weird to now have to complain in order to be heard because we want what was supposed to be an actual feature

French one too

2 Likes

You’re partly right and he is also partly right and me too :smiley:
It’s a speculation causing to this ‘no-communication-feature’, like you said.
But I also belive that there was enough time to accomplish more than only nearly finished models and some mapping. And if they haven’t cared about new cinematics… then there is only one solution - new audios.

And I also think it was from the beginnig impossible to accomplish all things that were announced. Maybe they wanted to, but they can’t…

• :grey_question: New remade Cinematics
  • :grey_question: Ingame Cinematics
  • :grey_question: New Soundtrack (I hope so :open_mouth:)
  • :grey_question: Completely new and expanded Voiceovers
  • :grey_question: Mapping for over 60 maps + additional promised content
  • :grey_question: AI works, triggers, etc
  • :grey_question: idk… Archivement-System?
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Entire new models for over 3000? units, building, doodads and stuff
  • :x: Lip-Sync for the models and voices (today it’s still far from done)
  • :ballot_box_with_check: A new fresh game menu
  • :white_check_mark: New terrain design
  • :white_check_mark: Battlenet integration
  • :white_check_mark: Story writing… naaaaah most of it should be done… I remember a game from 2002 :smiley:
  • :grey_question: something I certainly missed

Thats much for only one year… too much

And for that, I think it would be really okay to delay the game… or at least parts of the game - especially the campaign.

2019-12-31 → release the multiplayer components
2020-03-01 → release the Reign of Chaos campaigns
2020-06-01 → release the Frozen Throne campaigns
or a few month more or less…

or every month one campaign… soooo many ways :scream:

Tanks for your time - good bye :kissing_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s a lot of extra work and they would rather just pit the community against each other than release content.

1 Like

You never addressed the fact that the new reforged campaign is already confirmed with new maps.

1 Like

I did not watch Blizzcon, are you guys saying they won’t add new voice lines/over, no new lore,no new cut scenes, and no new campaigns? I am sorry if that is the case I find no incentive to buy it, I could just play the old one that I have.
As for the people that pre-ordered, they were promised a much better game, I would feel robbed, very sad and disappointing.

3 Likes

A lot of what is on this forum is misinformation and people taking what was said by Blizzard and blowing it up to be something much larger than actually planned.
All because in one statement they said they ‘dialed back’ on fully revoicing the game.

I suggest you go and find the interviews at Blizzcon and make your own mind up.
I would link you the Deep Dive interview but it seems Blizzard put up a copyright claim against the video :sweat_smile:

Edit: Nevermind I found a new link.

1 Like

The graphics from the old have no relationship whatsoever to the new, not even close. That would be one incentive.

I understand that you and others like the old voices. Iconic, nostalgic and you see a character and you know! Thats his voice! Okay, I get that. But not everyone is so heavy linked to those. I think it would be a better way to give an option to the players itself, so they can choose which one they want to her.

Anyways, you all want a Warcraft IV (besides I think it would not happen until WoW is still running - it would make this entire ‚canon-$h!t‚ even worse) …
What happens if there was a Warcraft IV?
And there is Thrall again, Cairne, Tyrande, Malfurion, Jaina and some others… there will be new voices… especially the WoW voices. At some point you have to realize that this game is too old and you can‘t keep the past forever in present. And nevertheless they are causing immense problems to possible dialogue additions - they can’t say what never has been said. And don‘t get me wrong, I love the old voicelines too, but I arranged myself with the new ones yet. And it’s okay… they are really not bad! And WC is not gone. It‘s still there… all time accessable.
But it‘s time for something new and fresh.
Open your arms for the future :hugs:

1 Like

Their words, not mine:

Original promise:

x_Warcraft 3: Reforged is more than just a remaster of Blizzard’s classic RTS - Polygon

Scrapped:

x_Warcraft 3: Reforged’s story won’t be retconned by WoW, Blizzard says - Polygon

x_https://youtu.be/_oiRnFGgD_I?t=296

See links above. To quote:

But with [ Warcraft 3: Reforged ], we’ve talked with the communities in Europe and in China [who say], ‘Hey, we don’t think this game is done.’”

The goal is not just to give Warcraft 3 a new coat of paint, but “do more with it.”
Writer Christie Golden, who has worked with Blizzard on multiple novels set in the Warcraft universe over the past two decades, is helping to bring “parity” to the stories of Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft , which will require retconning some of the strategy game’s story. Those changes will bring “renewed focus to a few central characters that we thought deserved a little bit more time in the limelight,” Stillwell said.

“There’s been 16 years of evolution of this franchise outside of this game,” Stillwell explained. “Some of that, especially central characters like Jaina and Sylvanas, these people who mean so much more to the world now who didn’t get as much focus [in the original Warcraft 3 ] because we just didn’t know where they were going to be.”

So where we can make those changes where it brings parity with World of Warcraft which has done so much with the characters, with the lore, and the locations…”

And scrapped:

Bridenbecker said the decision to walk back its retconning plans was “just a natural part of the development process,”

And in the B2W video above.

There’s no confusion, there’s only lies.

Nice Idea
BUMP BUMP

I do not see anywhere where ‘Their words’ said the word promise.

Clearly says in your own quotes its a natural part of the development process.

You are literally cherry picking quotes from articles spanning over a whole year to try and justify that you “were being lied to”. And “they promised this.”

Nowhere does this say the words ‘New campaign’.

Which is the misinformation I am talking about.
It said they PLAN — PLAN ---- not promise, to give some more limelight to ‘a few key characters’.

Even in the same quote saying

Because at the time of creating Warcraft 3, they didn’t know Jaina and Sylvanas would become such central characters in WoW.

And to counter all of your complaining about the walk back.

And from the same article you linked above, your explanation that you chose not to quote:

Which mentions feedback post BlizzCon referring to feedback given after the 2018 event.

Which if memory serves there was a vast majority of people on this forum and elsewhere asking them NOT to change the Warcraft 3 story.

But don’t worry:

List of all changes listed in Flemmy’s Thread:

And I actually found the thread I was looking for who explains it better than I am able to in his first post.

So after all of that.

They have been nothing but transparent. And have stated that a lot of what people are complaining about like making Jaina and Sylvanas more prominent in the campaign will actually in fact still be going ahead.
It’s just not to the extent they PLANNED.

No lies.

You know what happens when deadlines get closer?
Development plans change.

Really as you can tell from this post I am literally repeating myself on a daily basis on this forum.
Am getting pretty sick of it now tbh.

2 Likes

You actually want three frigging different versions all Rick-rolled into one game?

What are you smoking?
And more importantly where do I get some?

3 Likes