Three Versions of the Campaign = Everyone's Happy!

A lot of what is on this forum is misinformation and people taking what was said by Blizzard and blowing it up to be something much larger than actually planned.
All because in one statement they said they ‘dialed back’ on fully revoicing the game.

I suggest you go and find the interviews at Blizzcon and make your own mind up.
I would link you the Deep Dive interview but it seems Blizzard put up a copyright claim against the video :sweat_smile:

Edit: Nevermind I found a new link.

1 Like

The graphics from the old have no relationship whatsoever to the new, not even close. That would be one incentive.

I understand that you and others like the old voices. Iconic, nostalgic and you see a character and you know! Thats his voice! Okay, I get that. But not everyone is so heavy linked to those. I think it would be a better way to give an option to the players itself, so they can choose which one they want to her.

Anyways, you all want a Warcraft IV (besides I think it would not happen until WoW is still running - it would make this entire ‚canon-$h!t‚ even worse) …
What happens if there was a Warcraft IV?
And there is Thrall again, Cairne, Tyrande, Malfurion, Jaina and some others… there will be new voices… especially the WoW voices. At some point you have to realize that this game is too old and you can‘t keep the past forever in present. And nevertheless they are causing immense problems to possible dialogue additions - they can’t say what never has been said. And don‘t get me wrong, I love the old voicelines too, but I arranged myself with the new ones yet. And it’s okay… they are really not bad! And WC is not gone. It‘s still there… all time accessable.
But it‘s time for something new and fresh.
Open your arms for the future :hugs:

1 Like

Their words, not mine:

Original promise:

x_Warcraft 3: Reforged is more than just a remaster of Blizzard’s classic RTS - Polygon

Scrapped:

x_Warcraft 3: Reforged’s story won’t be retconned by WoW, Blizzard says - Polygon

x_https://youtu.be/_oiRnFGgD_I?t=296

See links above. To quote:

But with [ Warcraft 3: Reforged ], we’ve talked with the communities in Europe and in China [who say], ‘Hey, we don’t think this game is done.’”

The goal is not just to give Warcraft 3 a new coat of paint, but “do more with it.”
Writer Christie Golden, who has worked with Blizzard on multiple novels set in the Warcraft universe over the past two decades, is helping to bring “parity” to the stories of Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft , which will require retconning some of the strategy game’s story. Those changes will bring “renewed focus to a few central characters that we thought deserved a little bit more time in the limelight,” Stillwell said.

“There’s been 16 years of evolution of this franchise outside of this game,” Stillwell explained. “Some of that, especially central characters like Jaina and Sylvanas, these people who mean so much more to the world now who didn’t get as much focus [in the original Warcraft 3 ] because we just didn’t know where they were going to be.”

So where we can make those changes where it brings parity with World of Warcraft which has done so much with the characters, with the lore, and the locations…”

And scrapped:

Bridenbecker said the decision to walk back its retconning plans was “just a natural part of the development process,”

And in the B2W video above.

There’s no confusion, there’s only lies.

Nice Idea
BUMP BUMP

I do not see anywhere where ‘Their words’ said the word promise.

Clearly says in your own quotes its a natural part of the development process.

You are literally cherry picking quotes from articles spanning over a whole year to try and justify that you “were being lied to”. And “they promised this.”

Nowhere does this say the words ‘New campaign’.

Which is the misinformation I am talking about.
It said they PLAN — PLAN ---- not promise, to give some more limelight to ‘a few key characters’.

Even in the same quote saying

Because at the time of creating Warcraft 3, they didn’t know Jaina and Sylvanas would become such central characters in WoW.

And to counter all of your complaining about the walk back.

And from the same article you linked above, your explanation that you chose not to quote:

Which mentions feedback post BlizzCon referring to feedback given after the 2018 event.

Which if memory serves there was a vast majority of people on this forum and elsewhere asking them NOT to change the Warcraft 3 story.

But don’t worry:

List of all changes listed in Flemmy’s Thread:

And I actually found the thread I was looking for who explains it better than I am able to in his first post.

So after all of that.

They have been nothing but transparent. And have stated that a lot of what people are complaining about like making Jaina and Sylvanas more prominent in the campaign will actually in fact still be going ahead.
It’s just not to the extent they PLANNED.

No lies.

You know what happens when deadlines get closer?
Development plans change.

Really as you can tell from this post I am literally repeating myself on a daily basis on this forum.
Am getting pretty sick of it now tbh.

2 Likes

You actually want three frigging different versions all Rick-rolled into one game?

What are you smoking?
And more importantly where do I get some?

3 Likes

I back this, When Reforged was announced, I imagined they would somehow follow that plan but nope, they cut what was already promised. I don’t care wether the game is going out in a month or two, or in a year or two as long as they honour what was promised to their customers. Speaking of the plan, it would be the best solution for all types of players, old and new. If the Warcraft 3: Reforged team is going down that path (And I hope they will). It is obvious that it will take time to provide that but i’ll be more than fine with that.

“A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.” Shigeru Miyamoto

1 Like

yes please

4 Likes

Funnily enough this is what I was asking for when I originally found and started posting on this forum.

But over time I realised, that working on 3 campaigns which is only a tiny portion of the game is just a waste of development time.

The MAIN BULK of the game is multiplayer battle net functionality.
Whether that be Melee competitive matches or custom matches.

I would much rather them focus on getting EVERYTHING other than the campaign working 100% – as these are the things that have kept Warcraft 3 alive for this long.

And I really can’t wait to see what kind of maps come out of Reforged :smiley:

1 Like

I wonder how they ran out of time when the large chunk of the development(unit models) was outsourced

Also this thread is worth a read @Lionhearte :kissing_heart:

So, you must not be paying attention. Read the very first post of this thread.

Yes, we know you’re trying desperately hard to spin this (it’s just part of development! durr durr!) but the fact remains, as was stated BY YOURSELF AND BLIZZARD, that these campaign changes were rolled back, including dialogue/camera angles. Further, they’ve already begun rolling back changes:

x_https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/638831862445244438/640901837465321472/unknown.png

Clearly changes were reversed. You trying to spin it is laughable; you cite feedback as the reason for the changes…

And if you read the very first post, you’d know that the whole purpose of this thread was feedback/suggesting they do all three modes, because regardless of whether or not it was promised, they still went through the effort of redoing The Culling from the ground up, creating expectations, and halting/reversing plans, using “feedback” as an excuse to not do so; when the entire purpose of this thread is pointing out Blizzard’s BS excuse when they could have easily done what was originally planned and make everyone happy by simply offering three modes.

And don’t even try to use funding as an excuse. You have two options. Either Blizzard lied or they are incompetent game designers who, instead of offering MORE, they offered less.

So which is it?

1. Blizzard lied.
  2. Blizzard is incompetent.
  3. All of the above.

I have no idea how in your heads you managed to create this illusion that it was a completely new campaign in between warcraft 3 and wow.

No one said that, ever. Lmao.

The feedback here isn’t for new campaigns, it’s for the new voice actors, cutscenes, etc, that were removed. Here:

• Classic Version - The standard campaign with the old graphics
  • Enhanced Version - The standard campaign, but with new HD graphics
  • Reforged Version - The campaign in HD, with new lore/voice acting/cutscenes

The VERY things they rolled back and repeatedly said as such, AGAIN, here:

X_Warcraft 3: Reforged is more than just a remaster of Blizzard’s classic RTS - Polygon

x_https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/638831862445244438/640901837465321472/unknown.png

Weird, if THATS the stuff that was never planned, why did they randomly add it in and take it out? Oh, duh! Because you and I aren’t talking about the same thing.

Don’t waste everyone’s time by replying again, lmao.

2 Likes

Since you like to quote Grubby so much:

Here he mentions 8 missions being significantly upgraded ‘with new cameras’ etc.

I will quote it again. Pete Stilwell the man himself said in the DeepDive:

If you won’t listen to the project lead then idk who you will listen to.

Our voices WERE heard after BlizzCon 2018. On this very forum.
Again read my last post.

Do you know what a vertical slice is? :wink:
That my friend was one for Blizzcon 2018.

Never said anything about money here.

Where did I say they never PLANNED? Plans change as development reaches deadlines. Not my fault you can’t live with that.

Only one of us is insulting the other here.
Just shows you are not capable of having a discussion where you can be proven wrong without resulting to becoming a kindergartener.

And

I was referring to Tyrande in this thread but sorry I forget you don’t read what other people are writing, and only take in the parts you wish to.

Then you’re simply missing the point. We know what we’re getting against we aren’t. Do you?

I’m bringing up the incompetence of the developers. Obviously since may have expected all maps to be remade like The Culling was, which I agree was never said, yet clearly things were removed, primarily being voice lines. And with voice lines comes different cutscenes, different unit interactions, new lore. This is the problem. Instead of scrapping it (like they said they did, in those same videos/ quotes, they could have simply kept what they had, done other maps like that, and offered it as the Reforged campaign.

Yes. YOUR voice was heard. And ours? Well here we are, and you’re the one complaining about us? Blizzard already heard you. We want our option, too.

“But but!” It was already done. Explain the justification for reverting changes. And if you say because of feedback, I’ll ask you why they couldn’t deliver a 3rd option.

YOU KNOW, LIKE MY FIRST POST SAYS?

You realise that for the vast majority of the playerbase hearing the older voice lines triggers that nostalgic magic?
Hearing that 'Something need doing? ’ ‘Work work’ or ‘Yes m’lord’ or ‘Ready to work’ IS Warcraft for a lot of people.

Changing the voicelines is a HUGE deal.

They listened to feedback and went back on it.
If that meant they had to scrap making new ones, and it made sense to do so. Sure I get it.

It’s really late or I would go and find the part in the DeepDive where they spoke about new animations for nearly every unit in the game.
Also spoke about how when Arthas was gesturing he would use his casting spell animation for everything, but now how he has completely new animations for everything.
So in many ways we will still be getting this.

I am simply complaining about your side of the line spreading misinformation.
Especially when you go into all these threads claiming you were ‘promised’ something, when you clearly as seen in my above posts. Were not.

Warcraft 3 story has been the same for 17 years.
They said in one of those articles it has a perfectly good story and feel no need to change it.
In light of the fact that they listened to feedback, and that they were no longer going to change voice lines.

People like the original voice actors, and they like that nostalgia they get from hearing them.
Changing a 17 year olds game audio is mostly a bad idea, because it will take that nostalgia element away 100%.

I feel for you.
But I also feel the way your side is going about this is completely wrong.

You should be asking for new expansions or new missions to be added in the future. You know after Reforged has released.
I am sure they will be welcome to doing it down the road.
But for now are focusing on other stuff.

But my stance is that they should not make any retconns.
They should find another way to do it.

Anyway 5:27am for me I am off to bed goodnight!

2 Likes

Yes, I understand the nostalgia. That’s why I said 3 versions of the campaign. Read my first post again, because you clearly didn’t.

Then which voice lines would they use for multiplayer?

You can see the problems that will cause.

Goodnight!

We have this thing called toggles. Goodnight!

Great post, I pretty much agree with everything. I really hope they add the cut content after they release the game, or hold it back to finish it. Quite a shame it all went up in flames. At least I got to see the new Kel’Thuzad model.

Not a fan of your use of that word in a derogatory sense. I love debates, but you basically undermine yourself when needing to use such attacks.

4 Likes