Thank you Blizzard for hearing your RTS fans voices!

Keep telling yourself that, but the truth of the matter is that its more closer to “remaster” than it is to "remake.

I’m not worried about that and have never really had a horse in the remaster/remake race? It’s just disappointing in general to hear nothing for a year and then they more thoroughly break the silence with “so ladder’s not coming with release and we’re scaling back the kind of campaign we want to release with Reforged”.

3 Likes

Except at NO POINT was this going to be entirely “new game”…the CHANGES (or rather additions) to the lore would have been minor, less than 1% of the entire game’s length and they were at NO POINT going to remake every single map/mission in the campaign, only those that they STILL are doing that mostly needed update to match with WoW’s scenery.

Ofc the bigger loss are the new voice acting (for some, not me) and the scrapping of those completey remade cutscenes like they did the Startholme one last year.

But overall even if they had gone through with their original plans, what you would have gotten in terms of story and map design would have been otherwise mostly identical to the original WC3:RoC and TFT. Honestly I dont know where your delusions of “entirely new game” comes from, it would STILL had been more of a remaster than remake to begin with and if you want NEW Warcraft RTS game, then you can only continue to hope for Warcraft IV…Reforged was NEVER going to be “entirely new game”, no matter what you have been telling yourself.

Nowhere did I say anything about “new game” though, you might be replying to the wrong person

I just find both parties to be extremely hilarious when there is classic and reforged campaign in WC3R

They would have been major enough that re-voicing the entire campaign was necessary. People keep talking about a voice acting toggle; that just would not work. At all. Especially not when new content requires new voiced lines or the old voiced lines don’t match up with the new subtitles.

Map updates are fine. Badly-written content that requires the complete re-voicing of the entire campaign is not.

All i want to have in this Reforged version was

• a Super in-game cutscens we saw last year.
  • Captain Falric, not some no-name captain in the Human Campaing
  • Anasterian fight with Arthas in quel’thalas
  • a proper cutscene where Lothar, Khadgar and Garona kill Medivh
  • etc.

About voice acting: Not all world is playing with english dub and i think in countries like germany, korea, china, brazil, spain, poland, france etc. they all will record a new dub for the game.

So why we can’t have this great looking new in-game cutscenes? Just why? Please give me a good, a very good reason why they do a old looking cutscens?

1 Like

Why I’m bothering to reply to this I have no idea.

But just got home from work and found it pretty entertaining.

Another person reading what I write and making up their own assumptions and BS based on what you think I supposedly was thinking or my reasons behind thinking in such a way.
You don’t know me – your entire post is written upon assumptions you made about two words of mine.

Because I loved the original story and am happy it isn’t being retconned by WoW and it’s shockingly bad storytelling that somehow means I never understood fully what was on the table?
Psshh. Go away.

95% of the people whining on this forum didn’t even understand what Blizzard said they would be offering with Reforged and have proven it by coming here and complaining about things they IMAGINED were being put into Reforged and claiming Blizzard ‘promised’ this to them.
Unfortunately for you all they have said is that they were winding back on the changes A LITTLE BIT.
Doesn’t mean anything about less content.
They just said they won’t be using new voice actors/lines etc.

Yes we did but quite obviously your too new to this forum to have any idea what we are referring to.
Pete Stillwell himself said in the Reforged DeepDive they have been reading feedback and that the opinion was very and I quote "divisive feedback of the camp – ‘don’t change my game’ vs like, ‘Oh this is cool it will welcome a new audience’.
Pretty much explains it for you right there.
Our voices WERE heard - the RTS fans don’t like the idea of changing Warcraft 3 too much to appease WoW fans.
And rightly so because WoW is based off of Warcraft 3, and came afterwards.
It should not be going back and changing it’s predecessor.

And you are just MAD and coming on here whining and found me to direct your anger toward. Grow up.

And maybe next time half of you angry entitled customers will think twice about pre-ordering something that wasn’t 100% set in stone and subject to changing as required throughout development.

I feel like I need to say this to everyone on here, stop pre-ordering and you wouldn’t feel this way.

I plan to play the hell out of Warcraft 3: Reforged but I did not pre-order.
I will instead wait until it’s feature rich, ready to go and I KNOW what I am paying for.

I am looking forward to custom games and what the map editor changes means for all of us the most to be honest.

End of the day I am sick of the toxic nature of this forum, people need to learn that people can have seperate opinions but are capable of having a calm discussion without resorting to insults to communicate their views to one another.

1 Like

they dont hear you because they just wanted to safe some money

But that is your opinion. Note; SUBJECTIVE. You keep on insisting your point of view is a fact. Just because you feel that way about it doesn’t mean others do.

A couple of people are uninformed, I’ll give you that, but they are definitely reneging on a lot of stuff that they – did – promise. Purists seem to think when people talk about a “new campaign” that it’s just that. What is usually meant is to have the same campaign but with those lore slices of life that makes WC 3 connect to WoW.

Not using new voices for one already prohibits a lot of enhanced content being added to the Campaign. For instance Anasterian is likely added now as nothing but a mute cameo. They might as well not use him at all that way.

Undead were just added and my first glances seem to really confirm that it has nothing to do with “listening to RTS players” but rather cutting corners because of time constraints. They want to make a 2019 release. That’s all there is to it. The hardcore WC 3 fanbase is a really small community. That isn’t how it works after a year of radio silence.

Firstly why are you getting involved in a reply that has had nothing to do with you?
Let him speak for himself.

You need to go and look at what a promise is.
They STATED what they PLANNED to do with Reforged.
They never said “WE PROMISE YOU THIS WILL BE IN THE GAME”.
Never did Pete Stillwell say the words “I PROMISE this will be in the game.”

He did however say in the video above (if you actually watch it, at the time I linked).
There was divisive feedback, and that had affected their decision making.

If that isn’t a direct throwback to community feedback I don’t know how anyone can spell it out more for you than the man himself.

Pete Stilwell - Lead Producer - Blizzard Entertainment

IN HIS OWN WORDS!

And once again I’m being thrown in with this purist stereotype.
This is a really old excuse find a new one.

I know fundamentally what was and wasn’t talked about being included in Reforged.
I fully understand what they wanted to do with this project, so stop telling me what YOU THINK I THINK. YOU DON’T KNOW ME.

Unless I fundamentally state something – feel free to call me up on it, but stop telling me things you dream up about what I think.
Jesus it’s the same in every discussion on this forum.

Good for them. Sticking to deadlines.

You know what happens when deadlines get closer?
Development plans change.
Oh sorry though that would mean they broke a ‘promise’ they never promised though wouldn’t it?

x_X This is getting boring repeating myself in every post.
How many times do I need to write the same things over and over before you lot read and take it in and understand it?

Where am I saying my opinion is fact? I am expressing my opinion. Exactly the same as you. I loved the story and I am glad it isn’t being retconned.

1 Like

Because it’s a public forum.

I’d debate you on everything in your post through civil discourse but I’m honestly going to give you the advice to perhaps take a break from these forums. For somebody who insists this place has become really toxic you sure seem to like pointing it out while having the freedom to distance yourself at any point you wish.

There have been a lot of forum threads, some with justified criticism and others not as much. That being said it’s intellectually dishonest to point out the discrepancy between plans I promises just to absolve them of what was clearly advertised the game was going to be.

And now you backtrack.

Proves my point you know nothing about what you thought was ‘promised’ with Reforged.

Sorry mate - plans change, development is not a simple process.

They went in a direction that ultimately they were not happy with, and that they knew a lot of “purist” fans like myself and others would not be happy with.

The deadline was getting closer they changed the vision for Reforged.
Like it or lump it that’s how it’s going now.
Regardless of how or why they changed it is insignificant at this point.

But point should be taken I hope that they did indeed listen to feedback from the community.
As I am sure they are listening to the community that is NOT happy with the recent announcements.

However most of your side of the argument feels the need to resort to repeat threads and spam, and childish behavior to try to achieve what they are after.

I fail to see anywhere in my posts where I become toxic.
I am constantly having to defend myself from people who are not able to read what I write.
Instead prefer to take what is written and twist it and make their own assumptions on my reasoning or what I must be thinking.

I feel no need to take a break from the forum, as I have stated in many posts over the past 3-4 days now.
If it wasn’t for voices like mine - then this entire forum would be a one sided spamfest of an argument.

I am happy to continue to stand for my point of view.

2 Likes

I’m not backtracking at all. I saw the Blizzcon 2018 presentation live. I was up to date with every interview because my hype for the game was immeasurable. I’m not some ignorant WoW player here to make sure my vision of what the game should be is enforced. I played all of the original Warcraft games when I was little and I’m now 22.

I was given a clear indication of that it wasn’t slated to be a mere remaster but a means of reinvigorating the RTS genre by opening it up to a new generation of players, and that is where the connections to WoW came in. And again “subject to change” works to a degree unless we’re given a year of radio silence and two months before the end of the year we’re told “oh btw, we’re cutting this and we’re cutting that.”

Their communication has been terrible and you ought to be reasonable here and agree with me on that point alone. It would have gone over better with the community had they let slip what was and wasn’t going to make it into final release before Blizzcon.

Never said you’ve become toxic. I’m just sensing some degree of mental fatigue in your posts. It just would seem to me that it’s best to leave the forums alone for a while because of that, but that’s just my observation. As you can see I’m perfectly capable of reason.

Something we have in common, I am 28.

But it isn’t a mere remaster.
There is a thread somewhere around here listing everything planned to be in Reforged.
That list is FULL of huge changes that are going to fundamentally affect the Warcraft 3 we are getting.
We will still be getting updated models, and ingame cut-scenes with new camera angles.
There will still be new skins, and some of the older characters that in the original did not have their own looks now will - namely Uther, Sylvanas or Malganis as examples of this.

Many of said changes will be a completely different game.
A remaster would mean making no changes at all to the game other than the updated models, textures, audio and the like.

Whilst I share the sentiment I seriously doubt Warcraft 3 would be the game to do this.
I would go as far to say the game is too difficult for the new generation of gamers.
If the buttons are more complicated that QWER its the end of the world! Haha!
But more seriously the game is a little bit too challenging, and unless you relish the challenge of learning everything and slowly but surely getting better. With minimal rewards (no loot etc) other than maybe an updated icon and the self satisfaction of winning more than 50% of your matches.
Then I don’t honestly see it hitting it off just like that.

I do agree they have been fairly silent. But I will also be honest and say that many game companies opt for this route.
And its fairly normal practice in 2019. Lets also be honest on that point.

Yeah I finished work for the day, pretty tired.

1 Like

They’re still changing a few maps to fit WoW and some of the models have been redesigned to fit with WoW(a lot of the new designs look more generic). But I still count this as a win! Hopefully they forget about WoW with WC4.

2 Likes

Me too mate.
Can’t wait to get into Reforged and see what gets done with the custom maps with new models :wink:

I support this positivity . Hooray for warcraft RTS!
It was just yesterday - Warcraft II on Kali using IPX LAN on 14.4 modem.

1 Like

You know, all this time later, it’s amazing how the tables have turned. Blizzard do one thing right and then a dozen other things so majorly wrong that we still hate the product they delivered.

1 Like

Yeah let this post die. They burned it to the ground.

And to be fair I was talking about not retconning the RTS original story for WoW’s version. Which in fact they didn’t do that.

To be fair I did warn people in my other thread:

2 Likes

This thread hasn’t aged well. They game is unfinished months after release. They cut everything that is to cut and underdelivered while overpromising all thats possible to underdeliver and overpromise.

They went for false advertisement by showing 2018 footage and they are still doing false advertisement for hero campaign skins which aren’t accessible ingame.

3 Likes