Thank you Blizzard for hearing your RTS fans voices!

Lol, then go play it. this is ‘reforged’ not a remaster.

What’s wrong with naming or adding some characters if they don’t really retcon much? It was really awkward to see siege Quel’thalas where you fight the leader of the archers yet you don’t have some moments with the King itself.

Adding names to some units or fleshing them out isn’t a retcon. Renaming the Captain into Falric isn’t a retcon. Changing the captain into some high elf archer named Archer Pendragon is a retcon.

Also, it’s hilarious to see the fanatical purists whine from the start and act all high and mighty now and to see the WoWzers act all high and mighty from the start and act like the world is ending

Tiananmen Square 1989

I mean, Cataclysm came out during a time period where there was a lot of “2012 is the end of the world, the Mayan Calendar says so!” BS going around. Movies and other media were cashing in on that craze.

It’s not too big a leap to assume Blizzard did the same.

It kind of is because it’s a lot of time, money, and manpower to cash in on a trend.

Tell that to the movies that did it.

Is that in regards to Kung Fu Panda or an apocalypse?

Specifically 2012 being the apocalypse.

This is an unwelcome change. If I want to play the old version I can play the old version. The entire point of getting a new game was to… you know… play the new game.

Gods, another …
They were not going to take away your FAVORITE original story.
They wanted to make two versions of the campaign in reforged - the original (with the old voice acting and graphics) and the new version (with added new dialogs, new characters, cool cutscenes, UI & e.t.c.).

Wanted an original campaign in HD? Well, they from the very announcement said that there will be full compatibility between the old Warcraft and the new. That is, over time, enthusiasts would simply transfer the old campaign to the version with new graphics. Anyway you would get the original story with the old voice acting in HD.

As a result, in fact, you simply stubbornly asked that the developers do LESS content for you than was originally planned. Unsung stupidity. I don’t even know what to say. What these people have in their head - I would like to know.

Some seriously think that they influenced the fact that Blizzard decided to abandon these cool plans? lol
You are just a meat shield, an excuse.
Blizzard, just not thinking about the worst case scenario, confidently opened a pre-order until 2020 and decided that in a year they would do everything that they told us and showed. And then there was a failure with Diablo Immortal - was urgent to redistribute resources for show something about D4 at the next Blizzon. So there were not enough resources to implement everything promised for Reforged. And then Blizzard remembered the all gifted that wanted as little content as possible and for the same money, and you became the justification for all this.
In fact, they did not hear you all. You just turned out to be comfortable at the moment. Less - better for them in this situation.
And maybe next time they will again recklessly open pre-orders and put deadlines for the year ahead.

5 Likes

Keep telling yourself that, but the truth of the matter is that its more closer to “remaster” than it is to "remake.

I’m not worried about that and have never really had a horse in the remaster/remake race? It’s just disappointing in general to hear nothing for a year and then they more thoroughly break the silence with “so ladder’s not coming with release and we’re scaling back the kind of campaign we want to release with Reforged”.

3 Likes

Except at NO POINT was this going to be entirely “new game”…the CHANGES (or rather additions) to the lore would have been minor, less than 1% of the entire game’s length and they were at NO POINT going to remake every single map/mission in the campaign, only those that they STILL are doing that mostly needed update to match with WoW’s scenery.

Ofc the bigger loss are the new voice acting (for some, not me) and the scrapping of those completey remade cutscenes like they did the Startholme one last year.

But overall even if they had gone through with their original plans, what you would have gotten in terms of story and map design would have been otherwise mostly identical to the original WC3:RoC and TFT. Honestly I dont know where your delusions of “entirely new game” comes from, it would STILL had been more of a remaster than remake to begin with and if you want NEW Warcraft RTS game, then you can only continue to hope for Warcraft IV…Reforged was NEVER going to be “entirely new game”, no matter what you have been telling yourself.

Nowhere did I say anything about “new game” though, you might be replying to the wrong person

I just find both parties to be extremely hilarious when there is classic and reforged campaign in WC3R

They would have been major enough that re-voicing the entire campaign was necessary. People keep talking about a voice acting toggle; that just would not work. At all. Especially not when new content requires new voiced lines or the old voiced lines don’t match up with the new subtitles.

Map updates are fine. Badly-written content that requires the complete re-voicing of the entire campaign is not.

All i want to have in this Reforged version was

• a Super in-game cutscens we saw last year.
  • Captain Falric, not some no-name captain in the Human Campaing
  • Anasterian fight with Arthas in quel’thalas
  • a proper cutscene where Lothar, Khadgar and Garona kill Medivh
  • etc.

About voice acting: Not all world is playing with english dub and i think in countries like germany, korea, china, brazil, spain, poland, france etc. they all will record a new dub for the game.

So why we can’t have this great looking new in-game cutscenes? Just why? Please give me a good, a very good reason why they do a old looking cutscens?

1 Like

Why I’m bothering to reply to this I have no idea.

But just got home from work and found it pretty entertaining.

Another person reading what I write and making up their own assumptions and BS based on what you think I supposedly was thinking or my reasons behind thinking in such a way.
You don’t know me – your entire post is written upon assumptions you made about two words of mine.

Because I loved the original story and am happy it isn’t being retconned by WoW and it’s shockingly bad storytelling that somehow means I never understood fully what was on the table?
Psshh. Go away.

95% of the people whining on this forum didn’t even understand what Blizzard said they would be offering with Reforged and have proven it by coming here and complaining about things they IMAGINED were being put into Reforged and claiming Blizzard ‘promised’ this to them.
Unfortunately for you all they have said is that they were winding back on the changes A LITTLE BIT.
Doesn’t mean anything about less content.
They just said they won’t be using new voice actors/lines etc.

Yes we did but quite obviously your too new to this forum to have any idea what we are referring to.
Pete Stillwell himself said in the Reforged DeepDive they have been reading feedback and that the opinion was very and I quote "divisive feedback of the camp – ‘don’t change my game’ vs like, ‘Oh this is cool it will welcome a new audience’.
Pretty much explains it for you right there.
Our voices WERE heard - the RTS fans don’t like the idea of changing Warcraft 3 too much to appease WoW fans.
And rightly so because WoW is based off of Warcraft 3, and came afterwards.
It should not be going back and changing it’s predecessor.

And you are just MAD and coming on here whining and found me to direct your anger toward. Grow up.

And maybe next time half of you angry entitled customers will think twice about pre-ordering something that wasn’t 100% set in stone and subject to changing as required throughout development.

I feel like I need to say this to everyone on here, stop pre-ordering and you wouldn’t feel this way.

I plan to play the hell out of Warcraft 3: Reforged but I did not pre-order.
I will instead wait until it’s feature rich, ready to go and I KNOW what I am paying for.

I am looking forward to custom games and what the map editor changes means for all of us the most to be honest.

End of the day I am sick of the toxic nature of this forum, people need to learn that people can have seperate opinions but are capable of having a calm discussion without resorting to insults to communicate their views to one another.

1 Like

they dont hear you because they just wanted to safe some money

But that is your opinion. Note; SUBJECTIVE. You keep on insisting your point of view is a fact. Just because you feel that way about it doesn’t mean others do.

A couple of people are uninformed, I’ll give you that, but they are definitely reneging on a lot of stuff that they – did – promise. Purists seem to think when people talk about a “new campaign” that it’s just that. What is usually meant is to have the same campaign but with those lore slices of life that makes WC 3 connect to WoW.

Not using new voices for one already prohibits a lot of enhanced content being added to the Campaign. For instance Anasterian is likely added now as nothing but a mute cameo. They might as well not use him at all that way.

Undead were just added and my first glances seem to really confirm that it has nothing to do with “listening to RTS players” but rather cutting corners because of time constraints. They want to make a 2019 release. That’s all there is to it. The hardcore WC 3 fanbase is a really small community. That isn’t how it works after a year of radio silence.

Firstly why are you getting involved in a reply that has had nothing to do with you?
Let him speak for himself.

You need to go and look at what a promise is.
They STATED what they PLANNED to do with Reforged.
They never said “WE PROMISE YOU THIS WILL BE IN THE GAME”.
Never did Pete Stillwell say the words “I PROMISE this will be in the game.”

He did however say in the video above (if you actually watch it, at the time I linked).
There was divisive feedback, and that had affected their decision making.

If that isn’t a direct throwback to community feedback I don’t know how anyone can spell it out more for you than the man himself.

Pete Stilwell - Lead Producer - Blizzard Entertainment

IN HIS OWN WORDS!

And once again I’m being thrown in with this purist stereotype.
This is a really old excuse find a new one.

I know fundamentally what was and wasn’t talked about being included in Reforged.
I fully understand what they wanted to do with this project, so stop telling me what YOU THINK I THINK. YOU DON’T KNOW ME.

Unless I fundamentally state something – feel free to call me up on it, but stop telling me things you dream up about what I think.
Jesus it’s the same in every discussion on this forum.

Good for them. Sticking to deadlines.

You know what happens when deadlines get closer?
Development plans change.
Oh sorry though that would mean they broke a ‘promise’ they never promised though wouldn’t it?

x_X This is getting boring repeating myself in every post.
How many times do I need to write the same things over and over before you lot read and take it in and understand it?

Where am I saying my opinion is fact? I am expressing my opinion. Exactly the same as you. I loved the story and I am glad it isn’t being retconned.

1 Like

Because it’s a public forum.

I’d debate you on everything in your post through civil discourse but I’m honestly going to give you the advice to perhaps take a break from these forums. For somebody who insists this place has become really toxic you sure seem to like pointing it out while having the freedom to distance yourself at any point you wish.

There have been a lot of forum threads, some with justified criticism and others not as much. That being said it’s intellectually dishonest to point out the discrepancy between plans I promises just to absolve them of what was clearly advertised the game was going to be.