Summery Of The Ongoing Earthquake In The Forums

The redone campaigns first intend was to bring christe goldens new style of writing wow story. that would have given specficially Jaina and Sylvanas more spotlight. nothing more.

And then some people roam around the forums saying they want to see entirely new characters introduced that never belonged to the original story.

And the cut back on that. as far as i care is a good thing.

While they still said they will be upscaling the cinmatics with far better quality, and and we saw a teaser of remaking the Arthas vs Illidan fight. and they said while they will be trying to keep the campaign more grounded in its original state. great effort has been put through correcting details, ingame cutscenes while going back to the style of the original showing mostly from a birdseye view will use animations and have slight interactions instead of using the spell animations of the models like the days of old.

Details such as adding a boat load of new models and correcting campaign models that were just reused or reskinned of eachother. and fleshing out the sight of great locations such as Silvermoon, Dalaran and new music is coming too.

While Keeping the original unit respond sounds to prevent people from being disconnected from their childhood memories of playing this gem of a game.

Information gathered from carefully watching their panel yesterday. :point_up_2:

I don’t fully understand why is the idea that blizzard literally cut everything they promised flying about when they basically took a slight decision change instead.

I will now proceed to point out some of the ridiculous things people expect from the Classic Team. while assuming they are fully aware the team doesn’t get enough support from higher ups as a budget to give these guys their unreasonable expectations.

[ • Stalker

Even the big and main character of Battle of Azeroth not going to be in reforged such a shame. ]

He’s refering to Varok Saurfang. expecting the icon of a CURRENT 2019 ongoing wow expansion to have a part in the story of a game made in 2003.

:point_up_2: Literally wants Singleplayer campaign worth of a 60$ price tag. oh and says he wants a good campaign. you know… because the original is bad.

(oh i never said that ? yeah then you wouldn’t put that as the title of your thread)

Amazing campaigns made by the community exploring alternate possible stories, or recreating and continuing campaigns that are inside the story of wow.

no, this guy just wants more. more give him more. you can probably sell those amazing campaign maps that are free to this guy and he’ll pay for it.

:point_up_2: Calls the people who want the story to remain give or less true to the original toxic haters, and calls himself and the people who want it to change the die hard fans of Warcraft 3.

something feels astronomically backwards here.

The warcraft 3 community has disappointed me - #45 by Anthien-11863

The WHOLE of wc3 community has disappointed this person because i joked with him in one of the threads.

Clickbait in its finest :point_up_2:

A bullet point he says: [ I’d like Warcraft III: Reforged to bring me a way to look at Warcraft III as a new game that i have played , but never seen before and enjoy the feeling of exploration,]

Technically wants a Witcher 3 with 200+ hours of singleplayer campaign.

I’ll now just add my one respond to all of this.

You guys really want Warcraft 4 out of Warcraft 3 don’t you ? just admit it because the odds are astronomically agaisn’t you.

Understand why this project isn’t mainly called Warcraft 3 Remastered is because unlike regular remasters, the Graphics don’t just get an upscaled ress and reskinned models. they get entirely recrafted models. and ofc 4K HD.

The World Editor is a gateway to limitless stream of free content just because the dedicated fan base that stood here for 10 years simply… loves this game. Blizzard puts that as a selling point of this product, yet its entirely ignored.

:point_up_2: Guy requests crowdfunding for content he can get for free.

Warcraft 3 deserves that: new incomers familiarize themselves with the custom community and encourage them to reach higher standards while respecting eachothers work.

It isn’t getting that, most people are simply lazy and refuse to get involved with this then quickly deciding to jump ship when they hear misinterpreted information.

i’m not sure people that make quick decisions on if buying wc3 is worth it or not based on something the have stupidly high expectations of are healthy to this community.

As far as i care if people like this are THAT quick to write off the worth of wc3, and rage on blizzard, we might as well not have them. because they aren’t even that interested in accepting and engaging what the game transformed into over the years.

You can massure how much someone loves wc3 by seeing if they quickly jump ship to rage on blizz on topics like this. then you can get a possible assumption of the actual dedicated fan base.

Maybe these guys aren’t fully aware the team doesn’t get enough support from higher ups as a budget to give these guys their unreasonable expectations after all.

Maybe these people fail to understand, what Blizzard are giving to us is amazing, and they can be apart of the massive road to great adventures alongside the custom community pulling out from what they give us soo much more, just soo much more.

Also, if you have NOT been officially apart of this community for atleast 4 years, please save me the talk of how this game is your childhood and all, getting tired of seeing this one. yeah i know. but if you failed to see and live through the struggles of the community. then you are a new comer in my book my friend.

Predicted first response: You can play the old game, so just shat ap and allow us to demand 60$ Witcher 3 from Wc3 on top of the 2 expansions.

Yes, because doing that is what they promised right ?
right ?

Your usual toxic hating boomer, or Your usual Blizzard D rider. or Your usual whatever you wish to call me.

Out.

15 Likes

You are a man of culture.

5 Likes

if you can compile anything I’ve said that is considered “personal attacks” or “threats” or even “outright devaluing” of Blizzard or even the classic team, please share them here with us, you’re more than welcome to quote anything of the above…

if criticizing an aspect of game-changing decisions as being “personal attacks or threats against developers” then we’re in “astronomically backward”

oh and a final note, there are indeed toxic and over the top entitled “purists” who actually attack, demean and scrutinize the other side of the “fan base who wanted the new thing”, I do not deny my part in “counter refuting” their attacks and insults and certainly do not feel any guilt of using their exact method of “insulting back”, I have nothing but appreciation and respect for what the developers did.

I stand firmly by my point, I do not care for your insults or overly "not so original (go back playing bfa & wow) insults and remarks, I’m more than willing to debate with someone who disagrees with my points, and even more ready to fight back or even insult back anyone crosses their line.

as for our message to developers, it is nothing but a message to listen back and hopefully something salvageable can occur and satisfy uh…both ends of the spectrum.

thank you

2 Likes

Perfectly well reasoned and respectable summary of the situation we currently find ourselves in.

However you missed out the part where the ‘WoW side’ of the argument I.E Stalker keeps going around SPAMMING his agenda in every single thread and a bunch of others trying to outright SILENCE the RTS side of the argument with numbers.

They also feel the need to make about 10 threads saying the exact same thing :sweat:

I for one respect both sides of the argument.

However I do not think the WoW side respects our opinions.
Which is why they are getting said responses on this side.

2 Likes

the culling mission they changed, before there were 2 undead based you had to fight agaisn’t.

that isn’t the case in the new culling, how do you explain blizzard cutting down an entire base of undead. removing the RTS challenge the old one had, and having a faaaar simple layout of a map compared to the original game.

VvOvV Fan rage intensifies. “but we like to see cool things, not actually play an RTS”

Man you people are so misunderstanding, atleast from my perspective. I’l rxplain it one last time.

Firstly, they have advertised this Game falsely for over a year now that they have broken they’re promise.
There is no denying that fact!

No new reforged ingame cinematics as shown with the culling 2018.
Which i payed for with my pre-order and expected.

No new Voice Acting.

No new lines of dialogue, “no entire monologues but bits here and there to fill the story”

Appearently no new “Total reimagined and reworked campaign” which i payed for with my pre-order and expected campaign”

How can someone not want the story to be expanded upon? How does one not want a deeper more compelling story? Its not like they wanted to rewrite the whole damn thing just improve upon it. I payed 40 euro’s (50$) and i am getting a remaster NOT a reforge.

We have been lied to, there is no chaning that fact.

The only, and i mean only thing we are getting are some map reworks and new models.
The animations are total and i mean total crap, the map reworks are proboly done by an intern to save money and models are outsourced to a company which employees proboly made 2 cents an hour. You people who are defending these practices are the reason people get f@cked over by game companies.

Keep your stale game which is only going to decline in playerbase because people will lose interest and not pay full price for some glorified HD remaster.

I have supported blizzard and their games for over 16 years. I am done, this is the final lie they will ever pull on me. Enjoy your 50$ hd upgrade.

8 Likes

Farewell…

4 Likes

See? No normal response because you know Its right. So sad. Btw, just to point out, you’re Self importance is very over-inflated:

“Also, if you have NOT been officially apart of this community for atleast 4 years, please save me the talk of how this game is your childhood and all, getting tired of seeing this one. yeah i know. but if you failed to see and live through the struggles of the community. then you are a new comer in my book my friend.”

So the opinions of people playing custom games for over 15 years and or campaign but never joined the “official community” dont count? Get of your high horse dude, seriously.

6 Likes

i don’t agree with you in any sense or form. i’m just wishing you goodbye because there is no point in talking with you.

Nobody laughed. And I never mentioned you. You just felt guilty I guess.

You take that back or I start a petition! Like seriously. I came to this thread expecting a neutral tone, but you are just being tone-deaf, distasteful and disrespectful.

I can say that introducing new voice lines between Arthas and Antonidas has a 5% chance of being awkward. You, on the other hand, plainly state to go away and shut up.

Guess what, I won’t shut up!

2 Likes

so no one is interested to read the new news from blizzard ?

i guess you’re all just busy raging. i thought that thread i made would alteast get some increased clarified discussions going.

oh well …

1 Like

Stormknight is well known for having 0 respect for other opinions. Just look at this history. Not worth debating him if he doesn’t want to see it from another perspective.

1 Like

well known.

has met me for the passed 2 days.

ouch.

I don’t respect people who do not capitalize the first word in a sentence.

??? Are you serious? Are you for real? Varok is an icon from the Second War! Varok has been an icon since 2005 - the Opening of the Gates of Ahn’Qiraj! I’m utterly at a loss for words… How can you be so wrong?

2 Likes

Honestly OP, you’re kind of a douche.

2 Likes

You are so stupid and this is why gaming companies make such a profit from people like you.

Let’s start from the beggining. By your LOGIC, just because they’ve shown some new cutscenes and voice lines at the culling mission that means that’s exactly how it’s gonna look at the end? Do you even know how to read? “WORK IN PROGRESS” ? This is nothing but your delusional fault. No one lied to you or anybody.

Sees game trailer > starts to drool and throw money at the screen.

I seriously have no hope for peeps like you buddy. Go watch the developer deep dive panel and see why they decided to scrap it. And let me remind you that you are not a game designer, which is something a lot of people on these forums claim to be.

1 Like

??? They spelled it in words - Christie. Golden. Will. Add. More. Stuff.

How can you construct your entire argument on a lie? It’s clearly not some ephemeral pictures, it’s literal words. That they have broken now.

2 Likes

So what? The game was just announced and it literally SAID ON THE SCREEN “work in progress” AKA “subject to change”. I don’t expect people like you to even understand what a work in progress means.

How’s my argument a lie? Let me clarify for you pal, the only one that’s lying here is you to yourself.

2 Likes