The warcraft 3 community has disappointed me

There’s still time, my dude.

Personally I want to go back to the version before they broke the inventories in the campaign and before RoC was locked.

But I doubt the second part is possible…
All those years I practiced RoC and got good at Multiplayer – are useless in TFT ladder.

Even the start process is different haha

But that’s before they added all the new team colors too. I wouldn’t want to give those up.

…Besides, I haven’t noticed any inventory breakage at all.

and this could very much have given us warcraft iv. if they did a revamp for the campaign. the story would have stayed the same with some extra lines and maybe characters like saurfang which you could only read about being at the 3rd war.
it could have opened a waygate to new players and old players alike,and if it was successful there was a slight chance that rts and warcraft iv will be revived.
but all of you multiplayer only cannot understand that this was our shot of getting something new!
we all can play the old campaign with the new graphics even now at the beta.
how can you not see that?
i was never a forum guy but i have been playing since warcraft: orcs & humans.
this was a promise for something new and its dead because of people who play multiplayer only!
P.S i hate wow!!!
i want rts warcraft.

1 Like

Why should ANYTHING in Warcraft III has to be changed to please WoW fans? The main audience for Warcraft III: Reforged IS after all the old community who played and loved this games YEARS before WoW came along.

I could care less what happens in WoW these days, but imho Blizzard should keep WoW and Warcraft seperate and focus on pleasing each fangroup seperately. I personally welcome all WoW fans to experience Warcraft III through Refroged, but at the same time I want Blizzard to respect Warcraft III as the game that it was, NOT to turn it to something that would please WoW fans more.

And those who cant live up with that can just as well go back to their beloved MMO.

Its the same thing should we ever get Warcraft IV. Should that ever happen, I want Blizzard to design it from perspective of those players who never played WoW and/or all of its freaking expansions…preferably to rewrite events of WoW entirely and create alternative timeline OR retell the events of WoW from different perspective.

We Warcraft RTS fans have waited 16 freaking years for Blizzard to remember us somehow and now that they finally have, WoW players have the audacity to have Warcraft III changed to something that they like rather than respect the game and its story/lore for what it was? You know perhaps there is a reason some of us might feel bit toxic?

I’ve said it time and again that the BEST thing Blizzard could do is try to treat Warcraft as RTS series and WoW as to seperate timelines…that way they would have freedom to do whatever they want with both, without pissing off either WoW or Warcraft RTS fans. And especially should they ever decide to do Warcraft IV, having it completely free of WoW’s events would have the WC IV team complete freedom to create whatever story/campaign they want without it having to fit in with the lore that WoW and its expansions have written for past 15 years.

Many things that can work In MMO could never work in RTS game anyway and vice versa…so why make things complicated for them and the fans and just instead solve the whole issue by having 2 timelines that could freely expand from one another without having to make sense lorewise with eachother.

Thats what they set out to do with Warcraft movie already and they have already played with timeline in WoW (most recently in Warlords of Draenor)…so why not do the same here with Warcraft as RTS series and WoW. It honestly would be the best solution for everyone.

4 Likes

What is to say you won’t like the Warcraft 4 lore either lul?

dude it can only do good for the genre.
they are not changing the story they only upgrading the campaign with the same story and maybe add up some stuff that you could only read about.
i played warcraft since orcs & humans and i hate wow! and even i welcome this change in understanding that it can only do good and help the RTS genre and maybe even revive it.
how can you not see that?
we can play the old campaign with new graphics but something new can attract new players and give us a slight chance for a new RTS warcraft.

2 Likes

Well seems like the most major decision they made was because the voice acting based on the interview on PC gamer article.

And that imho was the most critical issue for me as well personally. I would have been open for them to have 2 seperate campaings with the original and new voice acting and the choice to have the new/refroged cutscenes with original voice acting (leaving out the bits with any new voice work) but I can understand that for budget/deadline reasons such thing might not be possible, so personally Im happy they decided to listen to those of us who wanted to listen to the original voice acting if they had to make the decision whether it was either one or the other.

So thanks Reforged team for listening to the fans! This is how it should be, pleasing those who are most passionate about this game.

And as for Warcraft IV, while I might want one, I DONT want one by any means necessary. Ive said it time and again that as long as Warcraft IV would continue the story one way or another from Warcraft III: TFT I would be happy to have it, but if Warcraft IV would be created from the perspective of WoW fans and that you would have to understand what has happened in WoW for past 15 years, then I would rather have no Warcraft IV at all than a game that would aim to please those who have played WoW and all its expansions…That in fact would be my worst nightmare.

So again Im happy that if they had to make the decision based on whether only to use original voice acting or add new scenes with entirely new voice-work without having the original voice acting, that they chose the former and that they listened to us Warcraft III fans. Personally to me nothing can replace the original voice work of Justin Gross as Arthas and Matthew Yang King as Illidan.

Having these 2 voices replaced entirely would have been unacceptable to me, even though I think that the new voice actors for Jaina and Sylvanas have done good work in WoW.

3 Likes

I think if you would be honest with yourself you know that not to be true. The majority of players will come from WoW or older players coming back. Not the current tiny community you guys have.

Play Classic campaign with Reforged graphics… that’s not getting replaced. Let others who want a new experience play a Reforged campaign and ignore that if you don’t like it.

I would get people’s frustration if they changed anything major from Classic… but they’re not? They’re adding stuff, not replacing it… big difference some people on these forums continuously do not get.

1 Like

Exactly this! THe more seperate WoW and Warcraft as RTS franchise would be kept, the better for both fangroups. Warcraft III (nor possibly WC IV in the future for that matter) should be designed from the perspective of WoW players any more than WoW community wants to hear us complaining how much the lore in our opinion has been ruined in WoW.

1 Like

Ye and I would like to show you some actual proof that majority of WoW players actually give a flying you know what about Warcraft III: Reforged? Heck Im willing to bet most of WoW players have NEVER cared one bit about RTS games, nor are they interested in WC3: Reforged for that matter…

Again if they truly would care, they would also understand why the fans who actually PLAYED the original game would not want the story/lore to be changed. Again if WoW fans cant deal with that, they would be better indeed to stick with their MMO. Without Warcraft III and the lore/story it established in the first place along with the first 2 Warcraft RTS games WoW wouldnt even exist! So I see NO REASON whatsoever to make any changes to the story when it was perfect as it was already back in 2002/2003. You happen to know the saying “if it aint broke, dont try fix it”?

When I look at the current lore/story of WoW Im honestly really, REALLY glad that any additions to the story/lore in order to retcon it better with WoW’s current events were scrapped. And especially so that now we get 100% to enjoy the original voice acting. My biggest fear of all was that it would get entirely replaced if Blizzard would have to choose between new or old voice acting so im glad that when they had to make the decision between the two they chose the latter and respect us old Warcraft RTS fans enough to do that.

2 Likes

Again they are not, Reforged team ALREADY confirmed that they scrapped ANY new additions to the lore/story because they had to make the choice whether to keep the old or new voice acting. Here is the interview from PC gamer:

" Originally the Warcraft 3 team, with the help of writer Christie Golden, were going to rewrite some story elements of Warcraft 3—changes that would help bring a “renewed focus to a few central characters that we thought deserved a little bit more time in the limelight,” Pete Stillwell, Warcraft 3: Reforged senior producer, said last year at BlizzCon. Key characters like Jaina Proudmoore and Sylvanas Windrunner would have been given more “camera time” in Warcraft 3 Reforged.

However, over the last year unhappy fans have been vocal about that decision. Their continued persistence lead the Warcraft 3 team to scrap the story retconning, as Robert Bridenbecker, executive producer and vice president at Blizzard Entertainment

But it wasn’t because the fans weren’t open to story changes. It was because they knew it meant changes to the original voice acting—and those fans love the original voice acting.

“Matt Morris, senior 2 game designer on Warcraft 3 Reforged, told me the team backed away from retconning the story to WoW because fans wanted to hear the original voice actors and sound effects. “Sounds from clicking on the grunt to hearing Arthas and Illidan’s voice, that was what they didn’t want changed.” If the team was able to change the story and still preserve how the voice actors sounded all those years ago, maybe the fans would have been open to story changes. But because fans were adamant about keeping the original voices, it made the team think about how else they could connect Warcraft 3 to WoW.”

So again Im really glad that if they really had to make that choice whether to use only new voice acting or keep the original one that they chose the latter and in the process decided to ofc scrap all the new voice-lines/cutscenes. To make it clear I was also among those who would have been open to have new cutscenes/extended ones with new voice-work IF they had also kept the original voice work as option combined with Reforged’s remade ingame cutscenes. But clearly due to time/budget reasons they likely could not do both, so good thing they decided to listen to majority of Warcraft III fans on this matter.

2 Likes

Again, there is the irrational hatred for WoW and all it stands for. Wether you like it or not it’s part of warcraft. The existence of a new or altered campaign wouldn’t have affected your enjoyment of the old.

1 Like

To the purists, I genuinely want to know: What changes specifically are you afraid of?

I agree that modern WoW lore sucks, but what specifically are you worried about bleeding over?

Most of WoW’s questionable decisions regarding Lore are things that really can’t have much impact on the portrayal of the Third War.

Really, just due to the scope and focus of WCIII, the only “changes” we’d have seen are the only good bits of WoW.

Regarding the complaint that any acknowledgement of WoW will sink WCIV’s ability to pick up after TFT, let me put it this way:

I’d prefer we retcon all of WoW lore, too. It’s unlikely, but it’s the only thing that I can think of that would actually salvage the Warcraft Franchise.

But if that happens, reaching parity between WCIII & WoW isn’t going to prevent that from happening. If some miracle occurs, WCIV is announced, and it retcons WoW, then WoW effectively gets the RPG treatment.

They’re not going to trash everything they wrote, much like they didn’t trash the old RPG books. Instead they’re going to borrow certain ideas, plot points and characters while avoiding mistakes or things that were done simply as a result of the genre.

With that out of the way, let me restate the question: What changes specifically are you afraid of?

2 Likes

There was especially no harm in making it atleast consistent with classic wow

What they’re afraid of is the word change. :joy:

Again I WAS open to some small additions, but at the end im glad that if Blizzard had to make the choice between recording all voice lines and add those new scenes in process OR keeping old voice work, that they decided to listen to the fans and choose the latter option.

Again I WOULD have had with small caution been open to having both options available, but as “purist” I’m really glad that if it had to be EITHER ONE or the OTHER that they chose to please us old Warcraft RTS fans. It gives me hope also that if they would decide to make Warcaft IV one day that they WOULD make it for US who have been waiting it for 16 years and NOT solely for WoW players in mind.

Again if WoW players who never have experienced Warcraft III, they SHOULD still get plenty of enjoyment from Warcraft III: Refroged. So I dont understand what’s their problem with this should be if they never experienced the game in the first place!

1 Like

You underestimate the amount of warcraft 3 players which are now WoW players.

1 Like

Well personally I would have been afraid of the change of scrapping ALL the old voices and NOT having the option to choose between old and new voice work in the Reforged remade cutscenes. That was the main issue I was worried all along cause we didnt get really clear answer to this at Blizzcon last year. So again thankfully Blizzard listened to the fans in this regard and what was the main issue they decided to leave the story as it is without adding anything new to it. If they had gotten the original voice actors to replay their roles in those added scenes, I would have been more open to the idea or if they had just added scenes for Sylvanas and Jaina, cause their new voice actors have in fact done good job in WoW, perhaps even better than their original voice actors in Warcraft III.

But again if Blizzard had to make the choice that A)replace ALL of original voice-work with voice actors from WoW and add new cutscnes or B) keep the original voice acting without having the option to choose between the two, Im really, REALLY glad that they chose the latter.

So again I would have been open for new/added in scenes, but ONLY if there had been this kind of option to choose between new and original voice acting or better yet if they got the original voice actors back into their roles to record new stuff.

And ofc lorewise I want there to be possibility of Warcraft IV to continue EXACTLY where Warcraft III: TFT ended and retcon WoW’s lore entirely. Like you said imho its the only possible solution for Warcraft IV and as such I dont see any need for Warcraft III to add in any scenes that would make more sense to those who have played WoW.

1 Like