Stop saying that game needs to be delayed before it's too late!

Look,I have waited enough…I’ve bought this game the day it was anounced. I have waited all this year and counting the days until release…Please…I don’t want to wait yet anouther 4-6 years to get the exact same game (It will be the same because purists,trust me…)
What’s the problem with having game this month,and then let them release updates and patches through launcher,like they do with every single of their games?
Please…Stop

8 Likes

No matter, this game will release DoA, as the interest in it already evaporated.

15 Likes

The game is almost perfect,even after damn purists

2 Likes

It is not, you can already hear the complains from new and returning players.
This game has ancient and outdated gameplay, and has been outdone by most modern RTS game you could name.
To top that, it is not even releasing with new content.

It will have a large boom in 1 week after launch, and then just quietly die, killing all other future Blizzard Remasters with it.

10 Likes

Starcraft:Remastered didn’t die,and Warcraft III was alive for 15 years
The gameplay is still entertaining,the models are perfect,the campaing is interesting,the rest will be updated later

Starcraft 1 and 2 still have a large fanbase,even if it’s uses only 3 races and basically same gameplay as Warcraft III. Tell you what - Starcraft II is one of the most famous RTS to this day

7 Likes

Starcraft Remastered has been mostly abandoned. It is dead.

10 Likes

I’d take a delay until spring.

3 Likes

It wouldn’t change ANYTHING! The game will be the same! Just another toruring months of waiting to get even more disapointed…
I’m tired of waiting…

I-I just want to get my game already…I get it that purist will never let devs make this game better…No matter how much time it takes

Who knows what would happen with more dev time.

8 Likes

I have no time to wait! I have waited enough!

I am glad you are not the head of a studio because I feel like you would encourage crunch.

13 Likes

Listen,the dev time was actual subject when the games were on CD,and couldn’t be changed after release - But now we have Launchers! The game could be totally updated in just one single morning!

The obligations to update a game are a lot less once money has rolled in or keeps rolling in. If there are any, it’s most likely to continue generating revenue rather than address anything actually in the game.

Unless it’s skins or something.

League of Legends has been out for how long now and some characters haven’t had their models updated in how many years?

2 Likes

Tell this to WoW with it’s regular Graphic updates,Overwatch that was (In gameplay) a completely different game at release,and Hearthstone which has added more and more unique mechanics and modes

Those are all big titles that Blizzard pushes.

When it comes to the Classic Games team, we might as well be talking about the HOTS team (and its severe cuts) or the skeleton crew of the Diablo 3 team. These are not their big moneymakers.

2 Likes

Starcraft Remastered has a lot of new thing - even the oficial mod that can completely reimagine the game vissually,and also - Warcraft III is one of the famous Blizzard titles

Warcraft 3 Reforged is not going to push money onto the table like World of Warcraft expansions/subscriptions, Hearthstone adventures/expansions, Overwatch limited time lootboxes.

I wish it would and do hope it does well, but it could do better with more time in the oven. It’s not even coming out with ladder on release right now. They’re still tweaking the animations, particle effects, and some minor details on models. The window for release is closing and I think the only people that would lament the game being delayed are either impatient or looking for an excuse to be cranky about it.

9 Likes

The problem is that a lot of people (New player, purist and even pro player) are upset with reforged.

The new player simply see reforged as “Wait, but is a really old gameplay. More slow than starcraft. The story not connected to WoW. So is a spin-off?”

The purist will hate the few changes to “bridge” to WoW (even if the cut like hell there are still some connection to WoW) and that things made them really pissed.

The pro player hate the new grafich, because you don’t need detail in a ESport, you new fix in the gameplay and not in the visual. And the new grafich gives them problems for looking the units. So they simply play with the old grafich.

AND if the HD is the thing you buy with 30€/$ but you still have the client in common in the app for Classic/reforged. Reforged will be a simple “upgrade” for who want to play with a better grafich.

Trust me. A lot of people are already pissed.

6 Likes

The game is almost perfect,why it have to be delayed?

I have also seen (but not read in full) some feedback about how not too-too much has been really improved in the editor. Though there have been some quality of life changes? I think?

They could even take the time to - for those that really need it and for the sake of not being the first time Blizzard’s ever shut down a service - enable Reign of Chaos multiplayer again.

1 Like