Return back the classic game

You might not use them, but the people playing Reforged will. It’s not about you, it’s about everybody. And I highly doubt you’re only making maps for yourself and you’re not going to share them with anyone to play.

Then just use that. You still can. Stop complaining about “wasted space” and just use the old version. Stay with it and don’t look back. If you really only make single player stuff it’s not like you need battle.net at all in the first place.

I just don’t get it though. The same things are all true about SC Remastered- you have the new assets even if you didn’t buy it and the game requires more disk space than it used to. But for some reason nobody made such a ruckus about it then. The only difference is SCR had fewer other issues (though it still had some).

Better dead than red.

The only Classic client that is still available and works on my machine is 1.27 and it does not work well enough for my tastes so I’m NOT playing Warcraft 3.

I want 1.31 back, and without constant prompting to update to 1.32.

1 Like

Then why are you even here? No amount of begging is going to bring it back, and no amount of whining about disk space is going to make it take up less.

Because that is literally what it would take for it to happen.

You can shut the hell up and take your unhelpful negativity elsewhere.

1 Like

i cant even launch my old editor or game anymore it says "unable to initialize Error 3) but the game launcher which was updated to reforge which i thought was some random update. that works. has Blizzard mentioned anything about changing it back?
or making it a DLC for those wanting it?

i mean i dont mind having the reforged launcher in my warcraft 3 folder but dont replace my old one. i’d like to have the option of going between both launchers playing the same game just different versions, it looks nice but i like classic a bit more

im trying to download the warcraft 3 setup for frozen throne and it keeps saying failed network error

i think i prefer playing Battle Realms now, seeing as apparently players are unable to download classic clients and they are stuck with the forced warcraft 3 reforge update. Fk this sucks a bunch of as$

I agree. Please give us the option to just install RoC and TFT on the Download Page.

2 Likes

They cannot offer unsupported products. They only support the current version. The old versions have no legitimate multiplayer anyway as the servers were shutdown.

1 Like

At this point nobody gives a frak if it’s “supported” or not. They just want to play the game they paid for and actually enjoyed.

Despite your constant shilling, Reforged isn’t it.

4 Likes

Yet they offer even older games for download like Blackthorne, The Lost Vikings and Rock N’ Roll Racing. Download Battle.net for Windows and Mac | Battle.net
It takes very little effort to “support” those games. Sure they don’t have online multiplayer or routine updates, but they could treat Warcraft 3’s classic clients the same way. Just mention that online multiplayer is no longer supported.

1 Like

Blizzard, it’s no shame to go back to classic Warcraft III. Listen to your community, learn from WoW Classic. It’s never too late to do the right thing.

1 Like

I can just see them reeling in their seats reading this. They want to give you what you want, but they don’t know how. Reforged changed too much over too long a timespan, while not becoming a totally new codebase. So unravelling the patches to the “classic” graphics mode and patches to the engine to reach an arbitrarily defined point when you felt good about the game is just too hard. You think it makes sense, but as a developer it doesn’t make sense.
And so they just suffer.

We have to ask for something technical and specific, such as, “revert the game to using 3D, FDF template based menu screens.” This would be a very technically straightforward change that they could give us if everyone demanded it in unison.

Once they did that, though, it would be the end of w3champions. Their hands are tied in every which way.

No. We just want them to get rid of Reforged altogether and reinstate the original game (Patch 1.31 at the latest, though 1.30.4 would be ideal) until such a time as Reforged is actually a complete product.

And even when/if it is, do NOT take away the option to play with the original client.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Patch 1.27-1.31 were all made by the Reforged team as prepatches to slowly update the game into being Reforged. Why would everyone agree with your arbitrary choice of 1.31? Wouldn’t some people want 1.26? The notion of a specific patch being “the classic” is imaginary. And Patch 1.26 and below are a security hole.

1 Like

It’s not imaginary, it’s facts. Anything before 1.32 is Classic.

2 Likes

Because 1.27 is still as a standalone Patcher available. There is still over a special side service the option to download the game Classic Warcraft III --- Official Installers - Official Patches
and it is in 1.27 The problem is, 1.28-1.31.1 where made with the new patching system so there is no option to download it anymore because you will be instead lead to Reforged. They even took down the option to still download patch 1.31 from the PTR Server.

Technically the current build running with classic graphics is classic…

Stop with the misinformation.

It’s not Classic, at all. It’s an incomplete POS that’s pretending very badly to be Classic. Classic had custom campaigns and a true offline mode. Reforged-pretending-to-be-Classic does not, and at this point never will.

4 Likes

And old voices. And campaigns progress and saves that did not got brocken every patch. And better after battle screen.

2 Likes

It’d be possible to do that by just rolling back patches, or providing a previous version of the game for players to install and having that become the official client. They probably have backups of previous versions, but even if they don’t it’s very easy to get previous versions of the game up to 1.27b. They could probably get 1.28 - 1.31.1 from somewhere too. They could continue patching the game after that as needed. So from a developer standpoint, in order to undo the least amount of work, the best patch to pick up from would probably be 1.31.1.

But I think they just don’t want to do that or think that’s too drastic. It would mean undoing Reforged and it’s subsequent patches, and giving refunds or credit to anyone who purchased it (and had not yet refunded). Also they’d have to justify it both publicly and within their company. And what would happen to all the Reforged models? Would they make it an option in Classic Warcraft 3, put them in another game like Starcraft 2 or Warcraft 4, or just get rid of them?

That’s Classic Mode not Classic Game. Even if you didn’t buy Reforged it doesn’t change that, it just means you’re stuck in classic mode within the Reforged Client. Classic Game on the other hand refers to the Classic Client. “Classic” alone could refer to either the mode or the game client, depending on context. When talking about game versions in a thread asking to bring back the classic game, it’s clearly referring to the game client and not the graphics mode.

2 Likes