Return back the classic game

I paid for the classic game and I cannot play it anymore. WTF???

29.40 GB Insufficient Disk Space

30 GB of what? Gross graphics and buggy game? I don’t own Reforged so don’t force in to me.

37 Likes

There are a lot of things to complain about. I don’t see the graphics as one of them.

The file size is one of the worst issues with the game. I have an SSD and 30GB takes up a lot of that space and is very annoying.

Also, they clearly haven’t heard of deltas when doing updates. If they had, one could update the game most of the time with just a few MBs instad of several GBs.

7 Likes

You can still play it, you’ll just have to use third party bnet servers.

But the file size is the silliest reason to complain. 30GB is pretty stnadard for games today. I honestly don’t see the reforged assets looking good enough that they should take up that much space though. But really, this is the most trivial issue. surely you have 30GB worth of games you rarely play anymore? or 30 GB of unsavory internet videos, or 30GB of ripped anime or dvds…

1 Like

You don’t need to redownload the entire game in patches, what are you talking about. They use “deltas.”

CASC does perform deltas. It is possible that due to active work a lot of files are changing in very small ways. It is also possible that the download bar is not accurate and that volume of data is not downloaded.

It includes Reforged graphics which can be used in World Editor without owning Reforged.

I do agree that the lack of a “Classic only” deployment is pretty annoying. Such deployment would be around 4GB odd and improve the reachability of Warcraft III: Reforged quite a lot.

For now all I can recommend is a $60 odd 512 GB SSD. As this would not be a main boot partition it can be a high level count (lowish write durability) which can save some money. Should either have a DRAM cache or use Host Memory Buffer.

1 Like

Yes, I have 18TB disk in my notebook, what I am complaining about?

Uhhhhhh… $60 might get you a 512 GB SSD. I don’t think a 512 TB SSD exists.

4 Likes

This is surreal.

We’ve been saying this for weeks, dude. They still haven’t listened because it doesn’t fit their “vision.”

As much as it pains me to say it, it’s not happening. This is no longer the Blizzard we grew up with.

7 Likes

Ops lol. 512 GB. I corrected it.

1 Like

this is Reforged mean, Reforging classic and new in 1 game with full of dissapointment , now i cant enter the game because server busy? and crash upon lauch

1 Like

There are a lot of things to complain about. I don’t see the graphics as one of them.

Matter of opinion, I guess. But I find Reforged graphics totally unfitting. Especially considering the cartoony style of trees and terrain.

30GB is pretty stnadard for games today.

For full releases maybe. MAYBE. But for a model pack like Reforged? Absolutely not.

3 Likes

There should be an option for players who choose to not play with Reforged graphics to NOT download any of the Reforged HD assets and material.

like OP mentioned in a later post in this thread, i too have the space, more then enough infact, but rejecting this “option” from us is fundamentally absurd.

I will never be using Reforged graphics, period. why do i need to be forced into downloading this ? i was fine with the Classic assets and the older game taking 3 GB of space all things considered.

6 Likes

Will you ever be using the world editor? If yes, then you need the reforged graphics.

I for one have plenty of disk space and could really not care less if its 3 GB or 30 GB. All I care about is all the features being implemented that existed before reforged launched. disk space is at the very bottom of my list of concerns.

1 Like

I made a video showing three ways to get it back. Hope it helps.

1 Like

Will you ever be using the world editor? If yes, then you need the reforged graphics.

Ehm… No, I don’t. I still have my older version, that I purchased. As backup. And I will keep using that, and the editor that it has.

That’s bad

That’s bad, because it can cause issues for current players. If you want the widest audience for your maps, you’re going to need the latest version (and as a side note, ppl saying blizzard owns your maps now is inaccurate, they always did, even before reforged)

Not that those issues shouldn’t be fixed of course, as even some official custom games don’t work 100% rn… - but generally, you can’t guarantee whether something made on an old version will work on a newer version. This was true before reforged and is even more so after.

So yes, you do need it.

Firstly, there is no “widest” audience on latest versions. There are entire communities using patches 1.26 and 1.27. Why? Those patches are more stable, have more tools working for them (WEX, Magos, Mdlvis, MPQ Editor, etc.), and have most Old&Gold Custom maps working on them. Even pro players are playing on classic, mate.

Secondly, I am not trying to reach “widest audience”. Why would I care? I make models and maps for fun, and will share them with people, who find them useful. Even if that’s just a handful of people.

4 Likes

Most of those tools still work, or never worked even back then. For example the model editors used to have broken BLP logic and still have broken BLP logic.

Not true on both accounts. WEX does not support versions 1.29+. And other tools no longer work because there are no more MPQ files, as WC3 switched to CASC. And the third case is when tools were simply not updated for newer patches.

And are you talking about Magos Model Editor? What “broken logic”? The tool works just fine, as it always did. In the older patches that is.

The point is, that these tools, and many others, are quite old, and their creators never bothered to update them for newer patches. Some of them are impossible to update because of new data file type.

This is just one of the reasons why the new patches are not optimal for map makers.

2 Likes