"Match found!" - CRASH

Not every bug can be instantly replicated internally. It may have taken time to discover the conditions that cause the crash on their end. Now that they have found them, they have been able to start investigating it for a fix.

And yet, it is not fixed. An issue that literally causes people to get losses without even playing a game. It should not have been there to begin with.

That’s simply unreasonable thinking. Everyone believing that the bug that affects them should have never be there would mean the game would have be completely bug free, which as we know is unreasonable.

It is impossible to preemptively account for every single environmental variable ahead of time. There’s a reason why the fundamental adage “The only true test is production” exists in the IT world.

Joinbugs occured like 3% in TFT. There is literally no single game that has a joinbug rate of 30%; which we do. We got the data on it. It is getting worse. We made a thread on this with data and specific time stamps. Joinbug rates where 21% overall, but over the last week measured it was 29%; before that 19%. The weeked after we measured 31% issues.

I do not expect a 100% success rate. But currently, 30% is joinbugs. So 70% of the games I play. But out of those 70%; I have 25% who alt QQ due to ping. I have to do the same in another 25%. So out of 100 games queued. I have 35 playable games. That is a 65% rate. How is expecting a <95% unreasonable. Like it was in the TFT client. Or any other game?

That’s literally one of the many reasons why beta testing is so important. Btw the join bug was already existing during beta testing and Blizzard knew about it, and yet here we are… no fix, no explanation, no ETA.

You had said that the issue never should have been. It’s that mentality that is unreasonable.

Again, there’s an all too common misconception that just because a bug is found externally, it can be fixed quickly.

Not all bugs are easy fixes. Some are not easily identified. Some can be delicately intertwined with other systems. Some require trial and error. Etc. Like the example above, it doesn’t matter how prevalent it is, or how many people found it, or for how long it’s been known about, if it hasn’t been reproduced, there’s no where to start.

As for explanations and ETAs. An explanation isn’t going to be provide anything insightful. The explanation is the code isn’t doing what was intended. Further detail would only be unhelpful technical coding jargon.

ETAs can’t be given if it’s not known how long it will take to develop an effective fix (trial and error, for example). Plus, historically they’ve only served to give ammunition if not delivered “as promised”.

The 1.32.2 patch has been pushed today. We hope for improvements with this update to for the “Match Found” issue. Is anyone seeing improvements today after the update? Please do let us know if the same behavior occurs.

1 Like

The first attempt to play a game resulted in a joinbug - as reported by a clanmate who now, again, stopped playing games. It is still early, but it does not seem to have fixed anything.

The patch notes show:
“Fixed an issue where if a player quit multiple games and switched graphic settings, the user would get a “Match Found” but the game wouldn’t start.”

Frankly, I have no idea what this means. Can someone elaborate? Each joinbug forces a restart of the client. Yet, you can have 3 joinbugs in a row. This does not involve quitting games. Nor switching between graphics (no way that increasing amount of people switch between their graphics). And one always quits a game after a win or a loss; yet to the naked eye that variable does not affect the joinbug rate.

I made a dedicated topic with emperical data on ow rigioursly fierce this bug is:

I also explicitly replied to this a bluepost in this topic, explaining that this bug is not a minor issue. From what he said; blizzard identified that some people sometimes may have this issue. Not true, everyone has this issue all the time.

And please note; when the joinbug is fixed: there still has to be a fix for the huge, huge latency that keeps occuring in versus games.

So yeah; here is your update: your number 1 and 2 issues are not fixed with this patch. I know it is not up to me to decide your number 1 and 2 issues; but even your pre-season has not started. People still lose games and MMR due to joinbugs. People still alt QQ games due to high latency. As a friend who did not have a joinbug, instantly got a EU vs US match with 200+ MS. Which is far higher than it was before reforged release.

But yeah, weird to see that naga ears are on the top of the list. Not the above. Or fixing the issues that came with the previous patch, such many sounds being distorted (gnoll lighting attack, FS auto attack and chain lighting, archer arrow shooting, etc).

Edit: I have multiple people confirming joinbugs are still a thing.
I played 3 games myself which joined fine. However: I alt QQed one due to 450 ping vs presumable EU - ASIA connection. The 3rd game my opponent had asian-character build up name and left after 10 - 15 seconds. Considering I had 20 ping, he probably left due to latency issues.

The match found issue is still here. Furthermore, whenever the joinbug happens players are getting random wins/losses as other races. (50% chance)

To be fair, naga ears are and join bug are not fixed by the same people. A graphist must have fixed naga, so they putted in. But this graphist cannot debug the game (not his job), so his time cannot convert into the other issues.

So complaining that they fixed the ears but not the join bug is a bit excessive, because they are not worked on by the same people.

No improvements after patch from my end.

Still go to queue a game in 2s, and about 30-40% of the time Game Found but never loads resulting in a loss.

Played about 10 last night and 4 of the 10 were fails which awarded a loss 4 out of 4 times.

Super frustrating trying to build stats reflective of skill when 2 out of 5 games queued results in an instant loss and there is nothing we can do about it.

I know a graphic designer cannot fix the joinbugs or desyncs. And vice versa. However: someone at blizzard is making resource allocations which, as it turns out, causes very minor issues to be patched, while leaving the community at large crippled with the major issues.

Yesterday evening, join bugs still occurred with the new patch. Same behaviour as before (game freezes and has to be restarted). We could not see any difference with respect to frequency (if any, it got a little worse, but we only tried 18 searches in total).
The join bug occurred in 2 out of 10 searches in 1on1 and in 3 out auf 8 searches in 2on2 (party). We did not do anything specific in the game leading up to the join bug event. 3 of the 5 join bugs literally occurred directly after restarting the game.
We did not keep note of how every join bug was accounted for. For the last two join bugs, I was Orc in 2on2 and I got 2 “overall losses”, but no race losses.

OS was Windows 10 on both machines. If specs are relevant, just respond here and I will update my post.

I’m still facing this problem, but the frequency with which it happens has decreased a lot, for example and it is easier to see it happen when you minimize the game during the search, or change the options. However it is still happening.

1 Like

Had one game in 2v2 all of us 4 had 950 ping with freezes :smiley:

Still won pog.

Thank you for your reports! Our team is aware of the continued issues with “Match Found.” We’re looking into this further!

Still having this issue as of 9/3/2020!

I just figured it out on my pc. The warcraft maps were not in the normal folder unger users / user name / Documents / Warcraft III. Once I moved the files to the correct place it works just fine.

Thanks for sharing what seems to have helped in your situation. This thread was a known issue that happened quite some time ago and should be resolved now. If you are experiencing the issue, it may be related to a read/write issue with the documents folder such as OneDrive syncing with the folders.

Since it’s been quite some time since the initial issue has been resolved, this thread has been closed. If you’d like to continue to discussion or need assistance with an issue, please start your own thread or contact customer support.