Joinbugs getting progressivly worse, fix this!

(add http: yourself if it does not work; it seems I can’t post links.

A total of 816 games at the moment of posting.
//profile.w3booster.com/?fbclid=IwAR1-N2nEQm832014Zew-MQaYvf1OUXfSsy2KvQzSwWPdHzEo3C8IC80DK8M#Thaedalius#1362

Since release he has saved 675 replays. This means he has 141 games MORE in his profile than he has played. This is roughly a 21% rate in joinbugs.

So, I did the same for my profile:
http://profile.w3booster.com/?fbclid=IwAR1-N2nEQm832014Zew-MQaYvf1OUXfSsy2KvQzSwWPdHzEo3C8IC80DK8M#Kiezel#1932

387 games played, but only 313 replays. Totalling at a joinbug rate failure of 24%.

Yesterday we kept track and came to about a 30 - 40% joinbug rate. At best we have played 2 subsequent games before a joinbgu occured. However, we also have had this every other game or double. We will actually keep formally track as of today.

We also noted:
A joinbug may result:

• one OR two;
  • win(s) or loss(es);
  • for any race, regardless of which you selected.

For simplicity sakes, we argue 1 game per joinbug. 2 is presumed to be rare and would trouble calculations.

4 Likes

Same here Kiezel -
Played around 200 games (only lost 2-3 with human as I played some 4on4), yet http://profile.w3booster.com/#Reaction#2600 shows me wins/losses with races I’ve never ever played.

Winrate around 83%, which should actually be around 99% on games that were actually played.

2 Likes

SAME HERE, the painful fact is that it was better during beta / when the game came out, but this patch it is like 40% joinbugs for me, especially 2vs2 games. I do hope they fix it asap and reset MMR when the profiles / stats / ladder finally are there

2 Likes

Its just not fun to have a 50/50 change for having good ping. Can it not be just like the old system where regions are separated.

I have to rectify Thaedalius his stats. Yesterday I understood he calculated a 21% bugrate. So I used his figures to calculate back. However, he informed me the link I provided is an ‘old’ one, which includes his game up to last monday.

Currently, he has 1018 wins and and 166 losses. This is great, because now we can measure how much replays/games he had last monday versus how many he has now. This gives the following result:

Win	    Loss	Total	%	REPS in folder	Joinbug
TM Monday	721	    95	    816	   88%	671	             18%
TM Friday	1016	166	    1182	86%	931            	21%
Increment	295	     71	    366	   81%	260	             29%

Sorry for the formatting, but you catch the drift.
Up to last monday he had 18% joinbugs since release. As per last 4-5 days, he had 21% overall. The increment is that over the last week he had 29% joinbugs overall.

This strongly supports the feeling that it is getting worse with some decent emperical date. I would like if others can confirm/deny. Hopefully this will reach blizzard priority list to be solved.

edit;
tried to fix table format, hope it helped

2 Likes

we noticed with friends that alt tabing during the search increase the risk of getting joinbug

I’ve got 137 replays out of 276 games according to w3booster
And the numbers feel right to be honest, such a bummer.

Sounds about right. Tried to play 3 days ago: 3 join bugs in a row. Restarted each time. Get into a game (4v4). 2 people leave/dc immediately. Leave game and re-queue. Get in fine. 10 min in when our team is doing fairly well and pushing, i desync mid fight.

That’s 5+ losses in a row in less than 20 minutes without actually playing a single game. That’s been my experience every time I try to play 4s. You can look at my profile, it’s absurd. I’ve only played out less than 100 games but I’m 91-92 with a 49% winrate (some of those wins were from the other team instantly dc’ing too). I also have wins and losses on the various races when I have exclusively queued as random since reforged came out.

They need to reset stats at least for RT. The bugs are too frequent.