[Main Thread] Low FPS Poor Performance Patch 1.36 (May 2023)

After the latest update a few days ago, the game runs very poorly. It feels like you have 30 fps. This was not the case before. Does anyone already know a solution.

p.s the onboard graphics is turned off

1 Like

Howdy!

When you are in a match you can type the chat command: /FPS to check your FPS. If you are seeing low performance I recommend trying our troubleshooting Here. Then retest.

Thank you!

1 Like

Howdy.

I have already checked my FPS ingame and are displayed circa 30 fps . The steps from the troubleshooting I have already performed but they have not changed. In the menu the FPS are still ok but as soon as the game starts the fps drop to 30. I have tried everything but it has all helped nothing. the problem started after the update. before that everything was fine.

There have been many users noticing a performance decrease in the latest patch. It’s not always enough to impact the game, but any performance decrease after an update is indcative of a problem even if it doesn’t have practical impact.

1 Like

Many people have reported this issue…

1 Like

Hello , I have tried other maps again , and in 2 maps the fps were ok . In the options it says that the classic mode is not compatible with some maps. But I can not switch to the “reforged mode”. Does this mean that I have to buy the game again?

try logging out completely and reenter your credentials (don’t use social media). If you can’t switch to reforged, the game thinks you don’t have it. Check your account on the battle.net website and see if it shows a license for reforged.

This is happening to tons of people. There’s like 10 settings in the game. It’s an issue. This game is absolute trash. every update breaks the game. Blizzard literally made a game worse than the original. NOW the game runs worse. Terrible.

Even after the latest update the game still runs poorly . Why did they have to make only one update . The game runs terribly

Please stop giving us those pathetic attempts to solve this problem and be serious about dealing with this issue.

A lot of us are having this problem since the latest update a couple of days ago.

1 Like

Blizzard please release a patch. The game is literally unplayable right now. I almost thought my pc was broken or something. GPU usage at 30%, CPU at 50 and still the game is running at 15 fps. There are still people who play this game. Please address this issue

Hey all,

I am not seeing any known issues for this however there are a lot of forum posts with the same symptom. Can we get some Dxdiag’s posted so we can check them out and possibly forward any patterns to the developers to investigate?
Information to generate a Dxdiag is here. Once you have it, just copy the contents of the text file created and paste it here between two ~~~ like so:

DxDiag Here

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

4 Likes

For the sake of clarity, Ironthorne, it seems that people are observing a noticable performance decrease between the current Public Test Realm version (and prior) and the current live version. So that should at least narrow down where you need to look to find any potential triggers, as there have only been a handful of builds between the two.

2 Likes

Pastebin: fmTbrEQq

Also just want to re-alliterate this issue is effecting the FPS in Custom Maps severely (drops from 90 FPS (pre patch) to 20FPS (post patch).

Hope you guys manage to fix soon and big thanks for getting back to us!

Had 200 fps before last patch now 30 with freeze
Pastebin: wpgqHEXg

Used to have stable > 250 fps.
After Patch 1.36 I get max 80 fps, commonly spiking down to 30-50 fps.

pastebin:aNLbh6FS

(post deleted by author)

DxDiag

dx diag here

msinfo (8mb) cant paste it. only one exctract with warcraft errors.