[Main Thread] Low FPS Poor Performance Patch 1.36 (May 2023)

My one indicates an error which is bounded to warcraft3

got some aswell in MSInfo.

please post the actual dxdiag file or a link to it. Just saying “it says this” isn’t good enough for a dev trying to diagnose and fix a problem.

Error msg plumping up in MSInfo. But unfortunately the file is 8 Mbis exceeding pastbin files sizes and links are not working here. will make a cut of this.

You can use multiple posts, or you can use, as the customer support person said, pastebin.com and link to it there.

There’s also a lot of info about applications that can generally be cut out to make it smaller.

made an extract. apart from this i need to split in around 20 (pastbin) parts to send the report fully and dont know where to make a cut. if @devs are interested . pm me.

My dxdiag is 128 KB. Not sure how yours is several megabytes but the only sections that are really important are the hardware and driver related sections.

If it helps narrow anything down, looks like the performance issue might be a memory leak, most the dxdiag logs also look like they’re related to AMD cpus. Leaking up to 30mb/second on a regular Booty Bay melee match with an AMD 5800h cpu

This would be consistent with the reports of hitching, as this is typically the result of a program waiting for data to be loaded into memory- if allocated memory is full Windows has to push data to the swap file to make room for the requested data, and the result is a hitch. This can also explain some people having the issue and others not, as more memory means it will be less likely to happen or it will take longer to happen.

1 Like

i can say confidently that EVERYONE who plays our custom map is effected

A lot of custom maps use a lot more memory so it wouldn’t be too surprising. But post your dxdiag anyway, and get your users to do so as well. This definitely is not a map specific issue, but if you play a map with lots of custom stuff it will likely happen way more easily.

yeah agreed - have posted mine will get a couple of the other chaps 2

Just to add , everyone plays our map in classic

hKHyx7fi

Here my dxdiag ------------------System Information------------------ Time of this r - Pastebin.com

No issues whatsoever before update, now heavy fps drops. If theres a lot of units can freeze completely

The PTR has been updated to a new build: 20247.

Hard to say if this addresses anything or not since the previous PTR version was fine. But the build number has definitely changed since it’s higher than the live version and I get about the same FPS as the PTR before the build was pushed. So check and see if things are any better on the PTR if you’ve having more significant problems.

(Dxdiag - Pastebin.com)
Dxdiag

I would appreciate a fix to these FPS issues as I also play custom maps and I routinely get 2-10 fps on maps where I would get ~~45-90 fps.

DX Diag:
(------------------System Information------------------ Time of this r - Pastebin.com)

The pictures and video links are placed here. Technicians, please download and view them
链接:ht*tps://pan.baidu.com/s/1uUnPaDmrJoHxlzBrMk_3eQ?pwd=war3
delete *
提取码:war3