Low fps after patch 1.36

Happening to me in both Reforged and Classic but only in the campaign. Massive stuttering and drops, seems to be low GPU utilization, runs fine in custom games.

RTX 3060 TI
Ryan 7 5700
16 GB of ram
Windows 11

For me somehow it’s working again. I installed my AMD Adrenaline Software and restarted PC. Then i turned on the Monotoring and started wc3. Finally FPS back to normal. Don’t know what went wrong before.

That did not worked out for me. On the PTR I can play normal.

RTX2070Super
AMD Ryzen 3600 CPU
32GB Memory 3200 MHZ

I am also back to “normal” low FPS and very laggy game feeling

not normal yet

Official blizz post seeking dxdiags (technical information) to help them find the issue. If you post your dxdiag.txt there maybe we can get this solved.

3 Likes

blizzard xd

So after 5 days with normal and stable FPS ( 200 fps) I got the problem again, ( drop to 30-40-50 fps every 10 sec ). It is so random, somehow I managed to fix the problem after 1.36, dunno how, and I could play for almost one week, then today boom the issue is back . CMON WTF IS THIS ?!
AMD RYZEN 7 1700

I just bought the WCIII reforged. I played WCIII eons ago on a much weaker system and I don’t remember the units being quite so jerky. I just finished the first part of the Thrall intro campaign and found it very difficult at times to control Thrall and 3 Grunts…I can’t imagine the nightmare when there’s dozens of units on the screen.
I’m not sure what the issue is…I know that a lot of people are focused on FPS drops. I don’t know if I’m having that or not…high FPS really isn’t that big of a concern for me. What is a huge concern though is that unit control is very difficult. Clicking on the selected units and having them move and then watching a pause as the related sound plays is concerning. Or clicking on Thrall’s chain lightning and not being able to get it to be selected to be used in a combat is very concerning. So maybe stating that the game is unplayable could be considered an exaggeration by some, but since I’m refusing to play it in this condition, I think that for me, that qualifies as unplayable. I’m not saying the game is unplayable perse, but I am saying that I’m not going to play it in this condition.
Any chance I can uninstall and get my $29 refunded?
I’m on a self built desktop system with AMD Ryzen 5 5600, nVidia RTX 3070ti, gigabyte B550 chipset MB 32GB RAM windows 11 Pro 22H2 OS build 22621.1702.

There is a 100% chance. You can always get a refund for this game it has a special refund policy. However, I would advise you to try and perservere. If you’re trying to recall the old days of the campaign, you can get that by playing the campaign in Classic mode. Reforged mode isn’t just a graphical change, many changes and updates were made to the campaign, especially on hard mode. If you play classic mode, the campaign experience may be closer to what you remember. Rather than seek a refund (you will get one 100% if you do though) I’d suggest you be patient and wait a little longer to see if the issues discussed in this thread get resolved. Provide your DXDiag.txt file in the tech support thread and that may help this get solved.

perhaps you could create a video to illustrate this, as I have no difficulty playing the scenario in question and haven’t observed any pauses or difficulty in activating abilities. Nothing in this area has changed significantly from before Reforged.

I also advise you to play the campaign on the Public Test Realm and see if the experience is different there, because the people discussing this issue in this thread are finding that the issues began with the live release of the patch but the PTR pre-release of it was fine.

I myself have observed around a 10% decrease in overall performance going from PTR to live. But other than lower FPS, i’ve not seen any hitches, lags, delays, or anything that would make the game more difficult to play or control.

Typically hitching is caused by insufficient memory as the system is forced to free cached data from memory to load new data in, whereas with enough memory it call be loaded in at once which eliminates hitching. So it’s possible something is causing the game to chew up more memory than normal.

yeah, i have a 7900XT and i’m getting 50s , and Diablo 3 getting around 130\140 sometimes drops to 70\80 , i had a 3070 and had no problem… other games run fine.

Also, i’ve noticed VRAM clock in these 2 games only 1334 Mhz in-game…while on menu it ramps up to a normal clock 2400 ish

I like how blizzard still can’t figure out problem despite affected users having pointed out issue.

Useless company.

I like how Blizzard figured out the problem and is testing a fix right now thanks to affected users having pointed out the issue.

Quite useful company (for once)

It doesn’t make up for years of neglect but it’s a start.

The game was updated today. About 80 MB. Playing in story mode and the fps drops are still there.
Laptop Ryzen 7 5800H, RTX3070, 32Gigs RAM.

1 Like

The problem is your laptop is using the integrated graphics instead of the discrete GPU. Disable the integrated graphics to solve this problem. The FPS drops are gone for almost everyone else.

The fps is fixed, but it isn’t as high since it was. Although it is much better than just simply play on PTR.

Hello everyone,
Last patch at first did not fix the issue entirely for me.
But then after few steps - all went back to normal.
What I did is:

1. reset all in game settings
  2. re-launch the game
  3. revert back all of my settings + turn on “reduce mouse lag” setting (yes, that tanks the fps and most likely problem’s with that setting)
  4. relaunch the game
  5. turn off “reduce mouse lag” setting + make sure to play around with shadows (mine are off, +30% to my fps)

After that I am back to my 140-160 fps :slight_smile:

1 Like

tried all of that. nothing helps. I got worse fps if I zoom out which makes no sense to me. 7950X3D, RTX 3080, 64GB RAM

I got worse fps if I zoom out which makes no sense to me.

Why does this make no sense to you? When you zoom out more stuff is visible which decreases fps. Same as any other game.

Some games might lower graphic detail automatically to compensate but war3 wasn’t really designed for the zoom levels that became possible in Reforged.

1 Like

Then just cut down all of the trees.