Main Thread - Error handling request

welllllllll i have my old keys, tried linking them to solve the error, which didnt work as i guess ive already done it or someone hacked me, but reinstalling now (gonna take forever 30gb for… what?)

i have 0 faith this will work but what else can i do? would LOVE to talk to live support but im assuming they are swamped

I am pretty sure, that I have linked my old keys to the game at 2.81 because they asked for the connection to the battle.net acc. However, I will check, if it is working for me.

exact same problem her

I tried to ask for support a different way and the system is just too confusing. I NEED them to respond to this threats and in a simplistic way. They should have thought this out dropping an update to streamline the game to reforged so late but then so suddenly. They ARE making us buy a new game. I believe so.

Hi all,
I have entered my keys again. After that, I have repaired the application by using the process of the C:\ProgramData\Battle. net\Setup\w3\Warcraft III Launcher.exe.
In the end, I was able to start the game and the error message is gone.
I hope you can achieve the same!!
Otherwise, try this link us.forums .blizzard.com / en / warcraft3 / t / cant-access-reforged-mode/14134. Maybe this can help you.
(without spaces… I am not allowed to add a link to this post^^)

Best Regards
Kel

Hi all classic WC3 TFT players,
I could enter the game finally, after entering both old keys in the battleNet Tool.
It is not working with only TFT key. You also need WC3 RoC key. then it was working here. (I did not re-installation or other changes)
I hope it will help you too.

For me i have the same issue but when i already have both keys saved to my battle.net account i still get the handling error request which is not normal

2 Likes

what battlenet tool?

How do you manually enter the keys in the battleNet Tool?

I try to describe. In the battleNet tool, on the right side as drop down below your ID you find show account. Clicking here opens a web page called account overview. enter your Codes here as for new games.

I call it battleNet Tool. It is the program, asking for you login and then showing your purchase and so on…

2 Likes

My keys have been linked for years. I just tried to re-enter them and it they are already linked to my account. I have ran the fixer, I have uninstalled, I have came at this all the ways I can think of.

2 Likes

Fantastic… “the code has already been claimed”

now either i claimed it on another account i dont remember, some other kind of error happened, or it has been swiped by someone somehow

which makes no bloody sense as i was able to play wc3 fine til this thing updated, obviously i had the code otherwise how was i able to play?

4 Likes

i have the same issue .

Error “There Was An Error In Handling The Request”

Updated: 6 hours ago

Article ID: 199184

Relevant Products:

Common Problems

Can’t play Warcraft III, I receive this error

(This error occurs when launching the Beta client. The Beta is now over.)<

So is this the Problem? How do I switch off the beta? Its not in the sever list Like it would be…its not in Options…

Hey there friends,

Hate to see people having trouble like this. If Beta is installed, it should be a drop down above the play button. If you uninstall it, you should not have the option to reinstall the beta.

As for the fix of making sure your keys are added. These can be added on the main page of your battle.net account.

If still having problems locating or claiming your keys, please reach out to support with the CD keys you have added to the contact.

Last, I would want to fully delete/uninstall the game and the Blizzard app.
Perform Steps 1-5 here after that do not reinstall yet but follow these additional steps:

1. Open file explorer/file manager
  2. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA%
  3. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
  5. Empty the recycle bin.

I hope this helps.

/Nathardrick

Regardless of the above comments, I am still getting errors. I NEVER played the Beta. I don’t have it downloaded. Problems lead to MORE problems.

I just wanted to play a game of Tft but I was forced to upgrade to reforged and now I can’t log in. It keeps saying that there was an error handling request.

4 Likes

Same error here.

Same exact issue, after upgrading I tried to log in and it says “there is an error handling your request”

2 Likes

“dear” blizz, you have upgraded my WC3 to “reforged” , that i dont need,i didnt ask for, i didnt gave any permisson! more then that - now that crap doesnt allow to log in with ERROR HANDLING REQUEST !!!

8 Likes