How do I play the original Warcraft 3 now?

I agree that the original WC3 was best. I think that they should not have streamlined the two of them together because now they’ve broken the original game and it was almost perfect the way it was for custom games in my opinion. There was no warning of this change for the original players of WC3 and so I feel that they may need to separate the two again.

7 Likes

No Changes for WC3 TFT players !!?? I also cannot use the game anymore.
Login on new BattleNet Tool with new account is possible, but game start
ends with error message on options and leave start screen.

Blizzard Support, please support !

9 Likes

Unable to play the game as I used to play it. Ironic considering the company took into account feedback which said “Please don’t change the game”.

Well well well, you HAVE changed the game! You’ve made it impossible for it to be played! I still have no received help on any of the forum posts I have posted. I think enough is enough.

9 Likes

bro, this is so frustrating, i cannot get on original TFT and log on to my existing accounts, not even a chance to say goodbye to my 20+ icons fark

1 Like

I don’t care at all about reforged, some friends wanted it and I wanted to stick with classic.
Thought it would be nice to be able to play together at least. But now they erased the classic game in favor of some phone-like-client which lags and the game also lags.
I played it almost 20 years ago on shitty laptop and it worked fine, I’ve played on my current ‘good’ pc and it was fine. Patch hit and boom, it feels like sitting on w95 trying to run diablo 2 with 12-15 fps.

6 Likes

Hi,
Maybe this helps. I could solve it as described.
Best Regards,

It’s true. It would be better if Blizzard devs just made reforged a separate game. I understand why they’ve done it but it would be easier for original classic users to just have the same old lobby they’ve had, not this weird monstrosity or slidy thing on the options.

Have you tried classic graphics? The performance is pretty much the same as it always has been, if not vastly improved.

I have yet to experience this. If anything 1.32 is much more optimized. Complex custom maps are literally loading in 1-2 seconds as opposed to the 1-2 minutes of old.

Classic graphics?

Might also want to post the hardware you use in case it is a compatibility issue with the hardware.

how can you type in the keys? where? what is battleNet Tool? you mean battle net app?

go to blizzard.com, click on games, then downloads… warcraft 3 tft and warcraft 3 roc is both there under classic games… ready to download… not tried it because i actually like reforged so far… but i’m sure the downloads would work… if not then i’m sorry

Unfortunately, that does not work. It forces you to download the new 30gb client.

3 Likes

well… i think i would actually try to chat or talk to someone at blizzard and see if there is a work around instead of doing this forum and expecting or waiting on bliz to reply here

These are the official forums, this is where you bring up technical issues such as this.

2 Likes

yes, you are correct… however, sometimes… it’s just best to actually contact them lol

1 Like

If someone figures out how to play Warcraft 3 TFT on BATTLLENET PLEASE POST HERE

2 Likes

For me it worked like this…

• Already had both RoC and TFT keys attached to my BattleNet 2.0 account.
  • Already had 1.31 installed. Was installed via classic launcher before.
  • Updated to 1.32. 20 GB odd patch.
  • Opened BattleNet application. The same one used to play D3, SC2, HotS e.t.c.
  • Started Warcraft III Reforged (patch 1.32).
  • Can play with classic graphics and TFT balance as expected. Custom maps work. Some server issues but these are common for game launches and usually get resolved in a week or so at latest.

I do not own Warcraft III Reforged, only the old RoC and TFT CD Keys.

1 Like

Yes, running classic graphics and since patch they lag a lot, fps went from solid 60+(I guess) down to sub 30. Tried changing the resolution and fps settings but didn’t change anything :slightly_frowning_face:
GTX 970 4gb, 16gb ram, intel i5 3,3k ghz.

1 Like

It turns out you can actually link your current permanent Blizzard account to your previous account if you were high up in the ladder. You can link it to your old account in the settings. I hope that somewhat helps you.

1 Like

Very strange. For me running classic graphics FPS is locked at a steady 60 irrespective of what I do. If I uncap, then it runs anywhere from 280 FPS to 400 FPS.

Now a Ryzen 9 3900X is faster than a 3.3 GHz I5. But at most 50% faster odd for such a game. I would be expecting you to get at least 180 FPS odd at worst in most reasonable custom maps and 12v12 (no AI) melee.

Have you tried a graphic driver update? Remove the existing one with Display Driver Uninstaller then install the latest one.

I reinstalled from the original CDs, then got the patch I needed for solo play on (can’t put links in the message, it could break Blizzard’s forum. But just google Warcraft III updates, you’ll find it on your own). I guess that’s the only way to play the campaigns. You can also make a Local Area Network from the main menu to play against friends. As for Reforged, I could not log in, and the option to play offline was mysteriously greyed out… And since I logged in from the Battle. net launcher, it’s even more baffling that I could not just forego connecting to go straight to offline play!