1.36.2.21146 PTR 3 Patch Notes

• Fan of Knives Target changed from 5/6/7 to 6/6/6 (max damage 375/750/1330 to 420/780/1200)

• Fan of Knives damage changed from 75/125/190 to 70/130/200

Fan of Knives should cause damage to non-mechanical units and slightly reduce damage to buildings. All other races have heroes that deal area damage to both non-mechanical units and buildings, Night Elf is the only race that does not have this type of damage. This would make Night Elf independent of using Pandaren Brewmaster and Tinker, making a really nice change for Night Elf to have more independence with her own heroes, especially in FFA.

If you want to address ghouls then increase their research time by 15 seconds let it go live and see if that is already enough of a balance change since they are mainly good on a timing attack but start falling off after that

If we want to see some frost wyrm play in 1v1 we should lower the build time of its production building boneyard

They are massed in team games but in 1v1 it takes too long to even add one of them to your army

Another option could be to make boneyard available at t2 but wyrms themselves still at t3 so you can start producing once you hit t3 if you invested into the buildings already. Then wyrm build time should probably be increased by 20 seconds then.

On this note you shoupdd also reduce build time of chimera roost and boneyard to 40 seconds so we get a chance to see them in 1v1 pro play as a counter option

Move Tauren to the Barrax building

One of the problems with tauren is that they and the orc player in general requires spirit walkers which are also build from the tauren totem which was not the case historically. So now with this one building you have to produce walkers both their upgrades and taurens and their upgrade which doesn’t make it feasible to get even one or two of them. So moving them to the barrax might open up tauren addition into orc army comps together with the ms buff.

Make aboms available at t2. Might open up for some new t2 undead strategies together with the wand of Negation changes.

Zeppelins are cool don’t nerf them, you could give them like 10 attack damage so that you can counter another players zeppelin harras by buying your own zeppelin

Hi, Kaivax. I know you probably can’t talk about this, but I’m going to ask anyway.
Can the developers say if they will still work to improve/fix issues about other aspects of the game beyond the multiplayer, like the Campaigns or the World Editor, for example?

I think what’s going to happen is that people playing the races made unplayable would simply quit.

HUM players mass quitted in 1.32.10. Some pros came back after massive HUM buff after 1.35, but significant portion of players aren’t coming back. Infi, TH000, and Chaemiko are permanently gone as a result of 1.32.10.

UD and NE players quitted in 1.36.1. There is no point in playing. The game is obviously unfair, and it is not fun at all. Would Colorful come back after a NE buff? Doubt so.

I think many remaining UD players would quit if this PTR were released as it is. There are currently 22 UD players in top 150 of W3C (Season 18). There used to be 36 in season 6. A third of top UD players have quit the game.

I’m not commenting on whether it’s good or bad to make certain races unplayable. I’m just predicting what Blizzard’s impact will be.

2 Likes

Reduce Flame Strike mana cost from 135 to 115

this will allows the blood mage to cast 3 Flame Strikes at level 2 / 3 where as before he could only use 2 casts of Flame Strike for creeping, fighting, harrasing etc severly limiting blood mage first hero builds

Reduce Mana cost of lvl 1 banish from 75 to 60

btw the blood mage is a cool hero. sadly we never see his ability flame strike in competitive 1v1 wc3. people also haven’t been quite successful to make him work as a first hero even tho there have been some attempts so he really just needs a little more help. He is good as a second hero with his mana drain but flame strike is not overpowered.

I consider the current changes to be unbalanced. All races except NE are weakened. UD suffers. Nerf ghoul frenzy slows down UD timings in all matchups. The strategy of the HU in fast exp is weakened with the nerf of the arcane tower, it will be very painful against OC NE and UD. The OC strategy in headhunters is weakened in all matchups. At the same time, NE receives a significant increase in moon wells regeneration, this will break the balance as at 1.30, because NE will have mana and health banks with increased regeneration on the base. This change strengthens all NE strategies in all matchups. HU will suffer a lot, because it will be more difficult for them to push on T2 and play fast epx against Demon Hunters. With the regeneration of moon wells 1.25, NE felt very strong in all matchups, as shown by the 1.27 tournaments on the Sky server in China. Life and Sini players take the first places. HP Wisp +10 looks unreasonable, because Wisp is an element of the NE army, it is periodically attacked by NE in battles, this will not allow other races to prevent their heroes and casters from burning mana. Nature Blessing lumber cost reduced from 200 to 150 further enhances the macro potential of NE, although NE has no problems with macro. This research is too important, NE always explores it, and its greater amplification is not required, in importance it can be compared to ghoul frenzy. I hope that some suggestions will not make it into the final version of the NE patch. As a minimum, it is necessary to leave 1.35 Moon Wells mana regeneration, roll back to 1.26, as Grubby suggested.

3 Likes

Sorry you are right and only right at this sentence.
Your biased opinion starts from false claiming NE is the only one race buffed while in fact every race have their buff in the PTR3 list.

How many times will you satisfied to see NE force vanished by 45s-35% massive frenzy 120s within 15s? This meta dominate NE VS UD match for a really long time. Even NE player have Decisive advantage in T1 and T2 they still lost to 45s-35% massive frenzy 120 within a unusual extraordinary short time. Thanks for this 45s-35% meta you supported, if NE side does not have any advantage in T1 and T2 at all the matchup is an auto win for UD when UD T3 completed.

Tell us if this is not imbalance then what is imbalance from your view? I will tell you the imbalance is wisp 120 hp killed by 150 lv.1 nova damage unconditionally. When there is no way to counter there is an imbalance.

Anyway I still speak for ud the movespeed nerf to frenzy 120 in PTR3 is a bad change should be reverted.

Log of Patch 1.36.0
Arcane Tower Feedback increased from 12 to 16 on heroes (24 on regular units remains unchanged)
PTR3 1.36.2
Arcane Tower hero feedback reduced from 16 to 14

So it’s only a partial revert from an overbuffed change. But your reaction is full of exaggeration as if the new PTR nerf the value to 8 or below.

In 1.27 moonwell work at 1.25 with T1 ultravision. Do you willing to return ultravision T1? Can you accept HH 450 range and Reinforced Defenses T3? Is there any hum player wanna to give up all the buffs after 1.27? Hmm, there maybe some Ud player like 1.27 because the UD race was also nerfed severely in recent patches like NE.
Time is passed and new era arrived while your words stay in old time.

It’s not so easy to make every True or False wrong in a single comment but you have done it successfully. Master grubby do have profession view around ORC race, but for other 3 races his opinion is very poisonous.

His venomous opinion to nerf moonwell already pushed the game balance into abyss. The NE race had been eliminated before the RO8 of WAL. So it’s clear you and your master wanna to wipe out NE before RO16 that is the reason why you still not satisfied.
Thanks for gathering typical wrong opinions to balance the game.

As a so-called fake TOD, I must tell you and your master the game balance is our commonwealth. The true edge to protect game balance from a faker is, ironically, undeniable truth.

1 Like

REVERT all nerfs for ORC and give them MORE buffs just like NE and HUM received!!!

Don’t confuse the situation of NE and UD

NE is true weak ,but UD is pretending to be weak in order to monopolize more champions

some UD players even consider UD is the weakest race in 136.1 ,intead of NE

it’s shameless

1 Like

So many high level NE players unite to slack off
This is a thoroughly shameless speculation

UD players have been defeating lazy NE players through hard practice for twenty years

It’s a bigggggggggggg joke,R U kidding me?

1 Like

You’re right about something. Namely, in the matter of fraud. Only elf-discord can whine so much about the balance and at the same time influence it, in reality, having historically not a single bad matchup. (Without negativity) Most GM’s at the W3C for the 16th, 17th, 18th seasons of NE. UD GM has less, in addition, there are 3 Happy accounts in the statistics. 3 players in the rating ELO, 2 UD, 2 OC, 1 Multiple. Any nerfs UD primarily nerfs Happy. With the regeneration of moon wells 1.25, NE felt very strong in all matchups, as shown by the 1.27 tournaments on the Sky server in China. Life and Sini players take the first place. Elf-discord does not like Grubby, but Moon considers an unjustified significant increase in NE since 1.30, and wants other races to get diversity. TGW 2400 MMR NE considers moon wells’ mana regeneration boost too strong and unreasonable, it will break all matchups. Other races do not receive adequate compensation for this. The same opinion is held by: Sheik, Inspired, Arma, Cement, Hawk. NE Neytpox considered the patch with Immolation DH to be unbalanced. And the Moon Wells regeneration boost brings those times back. I suggest closing the dispute, it’s a waste of resources and time. I think it’s useless to prove anything to NE until they try to play for other races.

4 Likes

Ok let’s closing the dispute as your wish.
Since we are disscusing 1.36 ptr you need watching over TIER1 tournaments in live patch not a lower tier tournament pre-reforged. You believe elf community have influence at balance change, Unfortunately this is not true at all.

When a new patch testing in PTR, 100000 words from elf-discord obviously easily beaten by 1 line words from Master Tod or Master Grubby. Don’t believe? See how many whine in elf-discord as you pointed out when moonwell nerfed and how useless these voice is compare to Master Grubby’s 1 line. This is the undeniable truth, right?

That’s why I had to Role Playing as NightTod temporarily to defend NE race in balance change. There is not a single man from elf do similar work like Tod and Grubby. Same to the UD race, so the balance more in favor of HUM and Orc. But unlike HUM race, the elder Grandmasters of Orc still fighting in the front line, so the balance change to orc is more reasonable and not so overpowered generally. This is the reason why I believe nerf to HH is not a good idea.

If you wanna bring back moonwell regen to patch 1.27, you need also bring 3 other race back to 1.27, that is simply impossible because you need nerf all buff to HUM race back. Believe me you will suffer from endless trolling by doing such dangeous work.

They will tell you who is real mastermind behind balance change.
In a way more zeal more enthusiastic than elf discord.

Guys, what do you think about adding the ability for a paladin to heal himself with “holy light” with an effectiveness of 50%?
So that the palladin could heal allied warriors for 200/400/600 health, and himself only for 100/200/300 health.

I created a thread about this change. Tell me what you think about it in the thread

1 Like

This guy is almost the only one who writes meaningful, logically sound thoughts. I swear, everyone else, except for rare moments, writes complete NONSENSE either playing on their lousy 1200 mmr and therefore think only about their own skin, or they don’t understand a damn thing about this game at all. No one cares if YOU can win something by playing your favorite race or not. The ONLY and MAIN incentive to discuss the balance should be the situation in the games of TOP players 1vs1, because only at their expense this game still holds and has not died completely. Mark it on your noses before post your balance thougts in this topic.
To this 1.36.2.21146 PTR 3 Patch Notes - #360 by DrGeniusSir-1536 fkn SMART GUY, who was liked by 3 more of the same worthless people, I proved with numbers that he is talking complete NONSENSE when he says that elves don’t have a dominant player in the mirror. It’s a pity that I don’t have enough patience for such windbags and I’m being rude, which is why my answer was deleted (at the same time, a user with the nickname Merlin nonstop spams last 100 pages with nonsense and nobody gives a sheet about it).

2 Likes

Think about why Happy started dominating only the last 5-6 years. Had he played less before? Or maybe the transition from SK2 has done it’s job? What if I say that the beginning of this domination coincided with patch 1.30, which significantly facilitated the ability to put an expand (skull without a cemetery, cost of the mine, regen,hp and ms of acolytes, time and price of necropolis, ziggurat’ hp, appearance of the dagger ritual)? After all, before that, in matchups vs HU and NE, Undeads often played 1 base against 2. And it was logical, because the army of UD is stronger under equal conditions (except for HU lategame). I consider these changes to be the main mistake that completely destroyed the balance.

Dear Blizzard, look at the statistics of the races in the top 50 best players of VKrcraft 3. In this statistics, you can remove 2 Undead, since they are all the same person.
there are actually 7 Undead here.
The least of these statistics are Undead, and you are nerfing them.
Most of all Elves. But you improve them).

RACE DISTRIBUTION

Top 50 w3c

Night Elf 14
humans 12
orc 10
Undead 7.
Random 7.

1 Like

[quote=“spr1-2400, post:486, topic:31943, full:true”]
Think about why Happy started dominating only the last 5-6 years. Had he played less before? Or maybe the transition from SK2 has done it’s job? What if I say that the beginning of this domination coincided with patch 1.30, which significantly facilitated the ability to put an expand (skull without a cemetery, cost of the mine, regen,hp and ms of acolytes, time and price of necropolis, ziggurat’ hp, appearance of the dagger ritual)? After all, before that, in matchups vs HU and NE, Undeads often played 1 base against 2. And it was logical, because the army of UD is stronger under equal conditions (except for HU lategame). I consider these changes to be the main mistake that completely destroyed the balance.
[/quote]Ahahahhahahahahahahahh.
happy dominated even before Refordezhat.
Happy still played well in patch 1.27.
happy played well in 1.24.
Happy was younger then and showed a good game. His game was good, he could beat anyone except Lin).
Happy until 2010, inclusive. He beat everyone, only with Lin he had only one victory in an official match until 2010. Happy killed Moon at his best in 2010.
what are you talking about? you’re just jealous of Happy.
you all want him to fail because he is from Russia).
Just say you’re tired of it).
Let me remind you, happy bronze medalist of the 2007 All-Union Central Olympics.
Happy had a worse ping back then, because he was from Russia.
He didn’t have good conditions, he played in a battle. no, with a ping of 350, all his training was like that.
Happy killed Sky 2-0, two-time WCG champion).
Happy killed Moon.
And all this before 2010. Happy could kill anyone except Lin).
In fact, his main enemy was Lin and Grubby.
Happy was a player at least until 2010. who could kill anyone.

And his training was with a ping of 350, with bad conditions).

Your favorite Grubby played in Europe with good ping, but when the world changed, Grubby was humiliated.

I just find it funny to hear this from you).
This is envy. And Blizzard is trying to help you).

Ahaha. 2.5 undead players play for this race). ahahahah.