Zerg is the new Terran

Well, you don’t understand the game very well so that’s not surprising.

1 Like

Do you honestly even know what the late game is? Have you ever even played the game?

2 Likes

That’s funny Serral went 12 pool into mutas. I thought failed rushes were meant to instantly end the game? xD

Think about what you just said. Think about it really hard. Can you do that for me? Use your brain and think as hard as you can!

1 Like

Which post you’re not quoting anything.

You can’t tell which one I am referring to? Oh my, that’s terrible.

Don’t know which game you’re talking about but a failed 12 pool is an instant loss. I’m guessing a lot happened in that game that you’re ignoring because you don’t want to have an honest debate.

Anyone who has ever played the game -pretty much ever- knows just how tremendously screwed you are if a 12 pool fails. This is simply a case of serral being a much better player. These are the first 12 pools I have seen in Zerg vs Terran that I can even remember - they are incredibly rare builds because they are incredibly bad builds.

If that weren’t enough according to Thrasher he also went mutas off the back of it. Lmao. Definitely a case of serral being serral and not mutas and 12 pools being good.

If a top terran player went quadruple starport mass viking off of one base and made it work, would it be a case of quadruple starport mass viking being a good build? No, it would not.

2 Likes

Are you an idiot or just deliberately obtuse?

1 Like

They’re workers… you wouldn’t trade 30 supply in lings for 30 miners? You’re smarter than THAT Shaz. I’m sorry that you’re upset that your race is easier than Terran. I shouldn’t have made you face the harsh reality that if you were Terran, you’d have never made masters. Next time it’ll be all sunshine and rainbows, buttercup.

2 Likes

It is a genuine and valid question. Based on what you have said previously, there are serious concerns about whether or not you actually know what “late-game” means.

You said TIME beating soO in the late-game doesn’t matter since soO isn’t a late-game zerg - he’s a mid-game zerg. Here’s the problem: to get to the late-game you have to go through the mid-game, so saying that TIME beat soO’s late-game means he beat soO’s midgame. Apparently you don’t know what late-game means because you don’t know it comes after the midgame.

TIME’s victory was absolutely massive and there’s no way around that. TIME’s victory also blew the Terran Cry Narrative to bits -like a nuclear missile hitting a row boat- and there is also no way around that.

2 Likes

OP is a PROTOSS PLAYER… Jesus it’s like arguing with the village idiot.

2 Likes

No, it means he survived soO’s midgame. If he was beating soO’s midgame then it would imply that he not only survives it but kills him in his own game.

I also stated that soO’s condition has been questionable at best after Katowice, while Time has been on fire in the last couple of weeks, going so far as to go toe to toe with Serral, who most claim to be the best zerg on the planet bar none. Possibly even the best player. Given all of these things, yes, I would have expected time to beat soO, but again, I would not necessarily have expected it to be 3-0 depending on just how bad his condition was.

This is something you conveniently ignore when you bring this topic up. Whether you like it or not, soO is human, and he isn’t infallible.

Further more, the skill levels of foreign players of all races are getting closer and closer to that of their korean counterparts. This gsl vs the world is proof of that.

1 Like

He could be a walrus or an apple or Jesus himself, but the only thing that matters are the facts. Who postulates an idea has little relevance to the correctness of the idea - the idea has to stand on its own two legs if it is to be considered correct. The merit of an idea is in the logical and factual correctness of the idea and not the name of the name or properties of the entity that is stating it.

Furthermore, one protoss agreeing with the TCF doesn’t magically invalidate the fact that the TCF are on the counter-offensive after TIME blew their cry narrative to bits. In fact, you could have a thousand or a million protoss agreeing with the TCF and it still wouldn’t make my statement false.

3 Likes

You haven’t solved the problem, you have only shifted where it occurs. If he has a strong mid-game, then his late-game will be strong as a result of his stronger mid-game. If you beat his late-game it means you beat his mid-game because the late game builds off of the mid-game. The strengths a player has in the mid game translate into advantages in the late game. Those advantages were not enough to beat TIME. TIME beat soO’s midgame.

2 Likes

How many Terran and Protoss players were there in the finals? And what are the win rates for the last 2 years again? What’s the definition of “anecdotal?” I don’t know!

1 Like

That depends entirely on the way the game plays out and the players themselves. There are plenty of players who’s lategame play is significantly weaker than their midgame play, and who are all about winning in the mid game because they are worse players in the later stages of the game. HerO, Zest and soO are just a few such players. They rely on exceptional macro/micro/strategy to kill the opponent before the game can get to a late game situation in which they are significantly less skilled or equipped to deal with.

A strong midgame player does NOT equate to a strong lategame player. A strong midgame position can be transitioned into a strong lategame position, but will not necessarily do so if this transition is stymied, weakened, slowed or otherwise disrupted. And if a player is not comfortable in the late game, they will attempt to end the game before late game occurs, or extend the midgame as long as they possibly can to reach this point.

I could go on, but suffice to say that a strong midgame player does not always make a strong lategame player, but a strong lategame must have a reasonably good midgame to get to a lategame situation. Even if the lategame player is behind (not dead, but behind, which is where surviving comes into play) in the midgame, they can still win through having a better lategame than their opponent, and making better moves than their opponent does in the lategame.

1 Like

When someone start his argumentation with “we know it’s true” you know he has no arguments and try to make his biased opinion into a statement.

So your opinion -> straight into the trash can where it belongs.

2 Likes

Hey, baby Batz…

1 Like

What, you feel it’s OK to have everyone spamming “This is OP, it’s obvious, i know it, the end of discussion” ?

1 Like