Your favorite character

Nova does as well. Her Snipe ability is her telekinetically guiding the bullet for maximum damage and accuracy, and her psionic explosion that she does a couple times has elements of telekinesis in it too.

Theres also Tanya from the Evolution book, who kills zerg directly with her pyrokinesis in favor of shooting them most of the time.

But thats consistent with the number of ghosts powerful enough to actually use telekinesis being extremely small.

Actually, now that I think about it sone more. Would this really be a problem? The Tal’darim that stays on Aiur might be a better choice than Terran. If Terrazine is the only factor here, of course.

Still sounds like enhancement shaman to me: using super OP weapons that work because magic, rather than just blasting enemies with magic.

When did she do that again? I don’t recall.

Oh right, in co-op Mengsk also has that. One example in canon and one in gameplay, that adds up to canon gameplay right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I personally think that gives too much credit to terrazine and not enough the Alarak’s abilities as a psionic.

1 Like

Nova is still capable of that, it’s just way more convenient to do the standard Snipe most of the time.

She’s more often a spy and an assassin rather than one woman army (even though she’s freaking brilliant at all of these).

Protoss don’t use telekinesis in the media because they have friggin lightsabers, psionic storms, energy bolts, and a bunch of other ridiculous stuff to kill you with. When it’s convenient for the writers, there’s no reason a protoss can’t use telekinesis, like when Nuroka hurled Alarak across the whole room in the Ascension short story. Terrans don’t have a monopoly on moving things with their mind. Even Overlords have a weak telekinetic ability.

Nova’s excuse is that she gets headaches from telekinesis but not her other abilities.

I don’t know what the enchantment shaman is, but Nova is using general issue sniper gun. She guide the bullet mid flight with her telekinesis.

Wow, your mind never fails to amaze me. Even though the game and the lore consistently shows that the Protoss can’t use Telekinesis and later explain why you can still complain? Seriously, how exactly do you come up with this?

That’s obviously the same power Alarak has.

That and let’s be fair… Nova is a huge outlier.

She could take on ten regular Terran Ghosts, tie them up, put them in a sack and then eat them and get away with it.

1 Like

Enhancement Shaman enhances weapons instead of doing his magic directly.

What Gradius probably means is that there is no reason to use telekinesis for killing people when it’s not the most effective choice. Also whether you like it or not HTs (and Rohana for example) levitate as if it was swimming for them.

And when you say Alarak and Nuroka have the power you pretty much just straight up admit that Protoss have telekinesis.

actually she could kill all the ghosts in the academy if someone didn’t put a bullet in her head time. she destroyed hive cluster in solitary with a psychic explosion

1 Like

Thats never been in dispute, just whether they have it such that they can weaponize it like Kerrigan or Nova do.

Yeah, what he said. Also, I’d bring up that several pieces of ghost equipment (most notably the cloak) are on record as being designed to take advantage of the ghost’s psionic abilities, implying that standard issue ghost equipment is designed on the assumption they will use psionics to augment and operate their equipment.

Then she went back to just using nukes because they were easier. Or something.

Interesting, they have Tal’Darim in common. This leads to several rabbit trails. Does it mean Protoss need Terrazine to do it but terrans don’t? But Terrazine is basically gaseous void energy so does that mean terrans are closer to the void than Protoss? Or maybe it’s more a cultural thing, where telekinetic just aren’t in the “How 2 Templar” curriculum, but the Tal’Darim and terrans teach it to all their powerful psionics. Many questions, Blizzard answers.

1 Like

Just to make sure I don’t embarrass myself later on. What is the definition of Telekinesis? I think it’s the ability to transform psionic energy directly into kinetic energy and transfer those energy into any object.

Does the key word ‘directly’ necessary? What if I create a psionic bomb and transfer the kinetic energy that way, does it constitute‘Telekinesis’?

I would define telekinesis as remotely exerting a force on an object in a roughly uniform direction without making any physical contact direct or indirect with said object.

It has been established that each of the Protoss faction used psionic power differently. Just look at their caster unit; the Khalai, Nerazim and Tal’darim all distinct from each other. So it’s probably about the very nature of their power and the source. We don’t know how to Terrazine affect Protoss in other faction.

It’s my believe that Terran use entirely another kind of psionic power as well.

Why do you need it to be roughly uniform?

Also, by your explanation, my psionic bomb is a form of Telekinesis. In which case, yeah, the Protoss has it.

This is correct, but they actually do provide totally new and different powers. Enhanced strength and armor, and cloaking are the big ones. Most ghosts really are just crack shots. Nova just cheats because she can most of the time.

They dont exhaust her to the point of coming close to passing out. Which is, you know, a big advantage.

My assumption is that protoss are less inclined towards it than terrans are, so while protoss “can” manifest similar effects, they need a lot more juice to be able to match a proficient terran. The Templar sought out terrans because they dont want to drug up their high templar, and as a tentative step towards cooperation.

apart from the fact that the mission never happened for her because they erased her memory, besides that she had introduce it into the heart of the base to stand still for a considerable time trusting that no zerg would detect her and almost killed her love interest for the expansive wave
we are facing a case of amazing but impractical

Wtf are you even talking about. I don’t feel like deciphering your gibberish again.

Yeah…it’s called telekinesis.

It doesn’t really require a lot of juice if high Templar can use it on themselves passively at all times.

Unless what the high Templar use is anti gravitation technology via their suits. But hopefully my point is made without me having to find more Protoss telekinesis examples.

I see. So your definition of Telekinesis is different from mine.

Yeah, a much more likely explanation. We see how the High Templar and Rohanna move in the cinematic.

I’m sure a smart guy like you know that even if two people are levitated, the exact nature of how they fly will manifest in the characteristics of how they fly.

EDITED: Upon second thought, I might be too vague for you.

Here is a thing as Brother Bifrost has already stated the Protoss moves around as if they were swimming; not standing on invisible platform or hanged by invisible thread.

I will also inform you that NASA used to prepare their astronauts for zero gravity situation by having them practice in salt water.

No. I want you to find examples of protoss who arent Tal’darim weaponizing telekinesis. Or even using it at all on something other than themselves. You can call it arbitrary, which may technically be true in as much as any aspect of a made up system is arbitrary, but from where im sitting its internally consistent, and you seem to be challenging that with little to no evidence.

1 Like