Your favorite character

Okay, she is flawed, but she is always dangerous. I can’t accept her being innocuous. She won’t kill you if you stay away from her even though she is just a few feet’s away? She is being repel by a group of Raider over and over? I just can’t accept that…

FACE THE GLORY OF (small leter) … TERRANS.

To each their own then. Personally the gameplay of that mission didn’t break my immersion.

2 Likes

Yeah, that fair. What about repelling Kerrigan repeatedly? It breaks my immersion a little.

The scene in evolution where Zag awkwardly offers Valerian Zerg snack cakes that she specifically made to not be poison to Terrans was great.

5 Likes

My mind will never not be blown by the fact that the queen of the zerg threw a literal tea party for the terran diplomats.

4 Likes

What did I miss?
Was it in some book or in comics?
I haven’t gone through the comics yet.

It’s a book. Starcraft:Evolution by Timothy Zahn of Grand Admiral Thrawn fame. It’s a pretty good read.

2 Likes

Yep, I remember Timothy Zahn. Golden Age of Star Wars. I have a lot of books from that period :smiley:

1 Like

She really was trying to broker peace. I got a whole lot more respect for the character with that, and I already liked her.

4 Likes

Starcraft evolution wasn’t really "Written " by Zahn. Blizz told him what to write he just described what happened.

Blegh.

I had a crush on nova for a long time and after covert ops it stuck more.

a mini campaign- better than all 3 other campaigns…

Especially when the basis of the book is “Protoss can’t use telekinesis and need the terrans for that”.

*cough High Templar

Meanwhile Alarak: telekinetically lobs an ultralisks further than the firing range of a marine’s rifle

2 Likes

Actually, protoss telekinesis is indeed pretty rare. Levitation is the exception, and they do specify in the book that terrans manifest it differently, not that the protoss cant do it at all.

NCO is the cleanest campaign, nothing new.

I don’t think that is Telekinetic. Alarak seems to be create a shock wave or energy blast of some kind. I guess you can use it to ‘move’ object, but that probably not what the Daelaam is looking for.

Besides which, he’s hopped up on Terrazine. Anything he can or cannot do would not necessarily translate to other non-drugged protoss, and using Terrazine is certainly not in the interests of their experiment.

1 Like

Not really. Every single high Templar can levitate. The only terrans that are telekinetic are PI 8+s which are supposed to be exceedingly rare.

Yeah the implication is the Protoss can’t move objects other than themselves with their mind, which is nonsensical and arbitrary.

As opposed to everything else about psionics? Its consistent with what weve seen before from the protoss and it explains why the protoss dont have weaponized telekinesis the way, say, Kerrigan does (Kinetic blast anybody?) even though theyre all supposed to be as or more powerful.

Unless I’m mistaken, in-gameplay Kerrigan and Tosh are the only Terrans who have actually used psionics as weaponry directly. All other ghosts are basically just playing enhancement shaman.