Wow, i just found out bout zerg's

Queen’s spawn larva, you can just spam SHIFT + V + V + V +V + V +V to ur hatcheries when your queens spent a lot of idle time, NO WONDER even a silver can spam infinite zerglings/banes no problem…I remember back in WoL you CANT QUEUE the larva, they have cooldown…so when ur queen’s mana piled up u cant use all of it for larva just 1 and the rest for tumors and heals only…at 1st im impress to those zergs i fought they inject so consistently but i just found out theyre just spamming SHIFT + VVVVVVVV to not waste time in a single queen waiting for its casting animation to finish

3 Likes

You can also hold shift when you control a probe and build multiple pylons.

13 Likes

my point is the spawn larva should be an exception…that is the very core of zerg and they made it noob friendly? while toss and terran need tons of buildings wasting gas just to making units optimal

1 Like

I realized that a couple days ago.

It’s certainly not imbalanced, just zerg should never, ever whine about the importance of larvae count.

Yes.

1 Like

Other than Larva being used as an extra resource, this has been a non-issue since beta when they polished it. Their units gas cost add up faster than buildings that use gas and if they poorly manage inject they can still fall behind. If they run out of Larva they can lose just because they can’t reproduce. I’ve won plenty of games by virtue of Zerg not being able to remake units even post-change.

Want to give Zerg a bad time? Use anti-light or high-damage AoE on any cluster of Larva. That’ll hurt their production greatly. Especially useful if you use Hellions, Storm, Tanks, whatever that can kill a large clump of them.

2 Likes

Such an ignorant post…

Look, I’ll explain. Even if you queue up injects, the injects you have missed are already lost. That means all the time the queens spent building that energy the hatcheries were essentially on half production of larvae. Because larvae is the source of pretty much everything zerg, that means quite literally that the zerg grows its economy, army, infrastructure half as fast for that period. Because economy for zerg evolves in a kind of exponential behavior (the more drones you make with the units to defend them, the more moeny you have to make more drones you have to get more money to make more drones, etc…) the player is punished. Yes, we can have larvae generate continually once we exhausted the injects, but all the time developing at half capacity is lost forever. To put it in a number that would not be abstract as an example: every 25 energy extra banked up on a queen are 3 drones not produced. 3 Half energy queens? Congratulations, that is about 27 possible drones lost.

Try not injecting until the queens have maximum energy and then spend all the energy on larvae. Then report again with if you fall behind or not and the importance of larvae count…

12 Likes

Did you know you can shift command and build multiple barracks? no wonder Terran is so OP.

7 Likes

Sure you can do that.

But then you will have had less larva the entire time while your queen was accumulating energy, since you did not inject in time. And since spawn larvae has the same coodlown on the hatchery as a queen needs time to regenerate 25 energy, you will never be able to catch up to the larvae count of someone who injects in time.

In conclusion, even when you can spend all the queen energy by stacking injects with SHIFT+V+V+V… this will always yield the player less larvae than someone with just in time injects.

So you can play lazy and stack injects and have less larvae, or you inject in time and have more larvae…

I don’t see a problem with this mechanic.

I enjoy playing zerg from time to time. I’m fine with it.

I’m also fine with toss being warpgate friendly.

I’m a terran at heart, but those seem fine.

However, I would like to see less RNG when terran construct buildings.

1 Like

Like it has been said, you’re totally working under a false assumption.
You’re talking like if the queen energy was the limiting ressource but it’s not. Even when when I have 8 queens for 4 hatcheries I still feel it when I miss a round of injects. The limiting ressource is time. The production lost when missing a round of inject is lost, definitely.

2 Likes

and you do the same kind of ignorant post, by not considering the queen heavy plays while it would be true if you could only have one queen per base

its now a days normal to build up 10-15 Queens on 3 bases for defense and creep spread while 3 queens do standard injects the others bank energie that you can use to queue them on top meaning you will have more and more time to do injects to queue more on them giving you more and more freedom

1 Like

Do you never make extra queens? Lol. You can hit perfect injects in the early game and then go on autopilot later.

ok sherlock. first off, you diss yourself by saying, that you just found out that… while playing the game for several years, i guess. in all that time, you never played zerg, otherwise you would have known that.

so youre saying, that you never played zerg, but whine about how easy the race is. makes sense sherlock…

in addition - to be able to do multiple injects, queens must have energy rdy. so where shall that energy come from? if the queen stay idle, you miss injects, means youre missing larvae and SHOULD die because you cant keep up with the production of your opponent.

that means, you have to miss injects, in order to be able to do multiple qeued injects. if you cant kill the zerg, when hes objectively missing injects, that just means, that youre too bad. sorry sherlock…

Do you never spread creep? Lol.

Good luck securing your third and 4th with such late creep spread.

2 Likes

This thread is a perfect example of the stupidity on this forum.

If you’re so far behind on injects that you can queue that many then that means you didn’t have the larva you needed the whole time. Plat league players like you should think before talking.

2 Likes

This is New Troll Meta nowadays?

Injects is not noob friendly, the Queen spawn with the right energy for one inject and you won’t be able to queue the next, so if you forget the second round of inject you are already falling behind. Also, if you inject in time the queen will be at 0 energy again and you won’t be able to queue the next one, and the next one.

If the zerg want to queue injects to optimize and reduce the APM attention, they’ll need at least 2 Queens each Hatch that will not creep spread.

3 Likes

It’s funny seeing these Zerg players pretending they only have one queen per hatch like every Zerg doesn’t have ten of them running around at all times.

Yeah, every Zerg player waits until 6 minutes into the game, banks all their energy and then spams injects, because that makes a lot of sense…

It seems like players are trying to pretend that inject is easier than it is because the other races don’t have a macro mechanic anywhere near as difficult.

4 Likes

And, if you are injecting with other queens and thus not missing injects, what the hell does it matter that you can queue injects? Of course you are not punished for hitting your injects…

By the ways, some would say the energy on the extra queens is pretty valueable for other things like creep spread and transfuse… Given the slight tendency some very violent people have to attack zerg to avoid them from going out of control and the minuscule importance of spreading creep, going and emptying a couple of queens into hatcheries when you have perfectly serviceable inject queens shouldn’t be much of a waste or resources, right?

Unless, of course, that you don’t get attacked in the first 10 minutes and the opponent doesn’t do a thing about you sperading creep with say 5 active creep tumors in total. Then its perfectly fine to empty your extra queens on hatcheries.