Why has cannon rush not been fixed?

I think a small additional issue is that, normally, if you’re playing some kid that wants to rush cannons, or even spine rush or whatever, sure. However, we are playing an anonymous ranked game. That makes it harder to tolerate.

Aren’t you platinum?

BTW, There are GM level Cannon Rushers. You know that, right?

1 Like

Great. Another SJW. You should call him a White Supremacist also.

yes im am platinum in 1v1 which i play like 5 games every season pretty much and as for 3v3 im diamond 3. and no im not good, is it because i suck, yeah but im also playing handicapped as well. I dont play the game like most people do, infact up untill like 4 years ago i didnt even realize people play the way the do. Ive been playing how i play since back in wc2 days and its kinda hard to teach an old dog new tricks as the saying goes. If you want to know how I play you can go check my twitch channel out. You’ll realize real quick what I mean about playing handicapped. but for what its worth im pretty darn good for playing totally different than others.

right like im waiting for all that to start flying. suprised she hasnt said it already. Not like i was even being sexist in the first place. but i guess with people like them stating facts is just a trigger. All because i said worrying about hurting your oppenents feeling in a match your trying to win is woman logic and grown men should act like that and grow a set and stop worrying about peoples feelings if your trying to win. no matter what your gonna hurt there feelings. which isnt being sexist cause its just truth. women let feelings and emotions control there judgement, rather than actual logic, like men do ( most men anyways). and right on cue here comes sjw missy eliwan running into the chat doing exactly that, again proving my point that women let there emotions and feelings control their judgement and logic. And besides again your playing a match against an oppenant, if you aint trying to win the match by any means necessary than you shouldnt even be playing the match in the first place.

Nobody here was talking about sexism until WKnight2 started making sexist comments.

This is frankly no different from dropping the n-bomb or some other racist slur in an unrelated conversation. People should rebuke that, and the provocateur should not be surprised at the inevitable response.

2 Likes

It’s Perfectly fine to be Plat. Just don’t call others out of beg unable to stop a certain strat. One that’s particularly popular in GM…

2 Likes

except that im calling people out for wanting things CHANGED because they cant figure out how to deal with it. Do I sit here and beg people to stop playing the way they do, cause i cant, no, thats on me. Just like it would be my fault if i cant defend against a certain strategy. Its not the strategy’s fault nor is it the person thats using it, but i woud never come and say they need to change it because i cant deal with it.

Also when you go down the road of wanting to change strats just because you think its toxic, whos to say what is toxic. Once you start changing things for people becuase people think its toxic then we get a broken game to cater to the minority. See where the problem lies in complaining about something and calling it toxic and begging for it to be changed.

1 Like

So obviously Knight2 is a cannon rusher defending his cheating. Blizzard represents this guy, careful everyone.

ehhh wrong, im zerg buddy. i dont play toss.

also blizzard doesnt represent me in anyway.

You do have to admit, though, that it’s possible that there’s cannon rushes that you can’t stop, or just put you far behind. I’m only picking on this strategy in particular because I believe it’s too good, too easy and looks bad (attacking with defensive buildings)

if theres a cannon rush that i cant defend then thats on me and my problem. I still wont blame the other guy for using it, or sit here and claim its op and needs fixed.

What about if it’s just an imbalance in the game? I mean, it’s used at GM also.

doesnt matter what level a strats at, its a strat game, learn the strats and learn how to deal with them, only way your gonna get better. Again if you cant defend against it thats on you, and shows you need to improve. Complaining about it and calling it cheating wont make you better, and only makes you look weak. Its really simple as that.

Also your all complaining about a strat that is again very easy to spot coming. And the only reason yall are complaining about it is its something being built in your base, or at least the majority of you seem to complain about the most, yet none of you are complaining about bunker rush’s, spine rushs, or proxy being built in your base. Theres countless strategies in this game that hit hard and fast that can be ten times worse than a cannon rush, just cause you cant tell what people are doing with them, where as cannon rush if you see forge and nothing else then you know whats about to happen. but oh no, lets all just complain about cannon. Hell terran can have two reapers at your door at the same timing as a cannon rush, yall aint complaining about that. zerg 12 pool, I aint seeing complaints about that, but yet here we are specifacally for cannon rush, and its not like this is the only post about cannon rush specifically, theres tons.

I think you are giving the game designers more credit than they deserve. They probably didn’t even think of these dirty proxy attacks.

cannon rush and proxies have been here since warcraft 1, no, the game designers knew exactly what they were doing when they made it possible.

Yeah maybe, but my guess is that their focus was on campaign, with MP being a fun thing with friends, and that’s it.

doesnt matter, its been here since game 1. its that old of a strat. thats almost 30 years of being around.

Another broken thing about Protoss is the Stargate. In both SC1 and SC2, Protoss gets their air units the quickest, but in SC1, they had no good units that could attack ground (Carriers take a while). In SC2, they get (now buffed) Void Rays and Oracles. It’s extremely unfair. The Phoenix is pretty annoying too, with its liftoff ability. Talk about power creep. This would all be fine if the Stargate wasn’t up so quick, supported by the best eco in the game.

If yall gonna complain about protoss so much and there strats why dont you all just keep it to the same post. Theres no need for fifty post about protoss op plaguing the forum. and they are all the same post and the same people that keep doing it. Wouldnt this be considered spamming post. Its the SAME exact argument in each, over and over and over.