What's the most brain blasting discovery you've made in co-op?

playing karax p2 (so no cannons) with mansk on don. droped shield battery’s to block and cast shield buff on supply bunkers was neat, but i noticed that energizers gave speed buff to esos. :slight_smile: (sadly, dosnt look like bunkered units get it tho)

1 Like

as ty with zeratul as ally on don brutal+
we got the spawn broodlings on death…omg, i was sooo not prepared to see HUNDREDS of broodlings swarming that first door that first morning lol.

1 Like

Just from watching for the beats there was some really neat trivia in there (mostly for pvp), but for some of the interesting unit highlights he mentioned were.

1. Chrono boosting a lifted off commander center also increases it’s movement speed. [For all your orbital command overcharge expanding commander memes i guess lol or helping a slow commander speed up to their expo i guess lol]

2. Burrowed banelings can be set to explode on autocast to explode as units walk over them

3. Cloaking a unit right before a shot can hit them can sometimes cause the projectile to miss. (Not sure how this works with detection or coop)

3 Likes

Ugh, really? I really hate some P1s… dang.

Lots of units under “massive devour buff” from Dehaka’s Devouring One can reflect fatal damage to a Void Thrasher.

2 Likes

yeah, a lot of what he is saying seems wildly unnecessary and extremely unsuccessful unless being done in an arranged team. Also, if this is on brutal (brutal + even more so) no one will have an army soon enough to make this happen. yeah, this is only something that is ideal on easy difficulties. I will stick to letting my truck sit by the first construct while i wait for units/heroes capable of clearing exp. Also, I actually really enjoy that map. great.

2 Likes

That you can collect parts with Artanis power field on part and parcel. Not really usefull though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Clearly you didn’t even read.

It’s unfortunate but again a very good example of why players never see what I described. They are (as you are) perfectly happy sitting there.

On Miners Evacuation, you can gain a considerable amount of free time to prepare yourself by just letting the 1st ship die (maybe don’t work for highest difficulties if they don’t allow a single one to die).
If you abuse of it too much, you may be punished with 2 ships trying to leave exactly at the same time later though.

edit: oh right, you can use that free time to go kill the Exterminators, since they’re spawned from the start, and are less aggressive for some time if you take them by surprise :smiling_imp:

edit: today, I was playing a full casual game, left the 2nd transport die, and at the end, it caused a dreadful “3 ships trying to launch at same time” situation. The waves were also worst than what I usually see in Normal/Normal+Hard.
I guess the difficulty really is bugged.

1 Like

Yeah, I recommend doing this too. You can take one out before they come online.

Blightbringer can also be body blocked.

1 Like

Indeed, Kerrigan Block it with Omega Worms, Zeratul with Cannons and especially Dehaka’s Dakrun and Murvar.

For me as soon as it emerge from the ground I summon Murvar and push BB into the corner where he is completely stunned.

On Unrelated note, Dakrun’s Spike Hides can destroy Pirate Ship in RoK without any effort (just put him there and let the ship attack Dakrun alone).
Dehaka has so much interesting utilities.

3 Likes

Zeratul Ambushers receive an attack that spawn a Void Apparition that attack once when they blink.
The discovery is that those apparitions count as produced units in the final stats.
I had over 1900 units produced, and my army was only made of Ambushers :rofl:

edit to avoid double posting:

On Miners Evacuation, some infested transports are unselectable, but you can still destroy them with explosive attacks (Tychus grenades, Karax Orbital Strikes…).
This can actually free some path for units, not a big help, but it’s not completely useless either.

2 Likes

Well, there’s two:

1. You can steer Nova’s sabotage drone while it’s in midair
  2. You can see your structures’ rally points on Zeratul’s Prophetic Vision (my ability to find artifact fragments instantly improved a lot when I figured this one out)
1 Like

you can use the tempest dot on each car of the train :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This still blows some people’s minds, and it seems the ones who know about it don’t actually want it.

But if you’re playing Swann, and you’ve got a Raynor Ally, you can either give him your tech reactors, or land at his add on’s and upgrade his. Now 2 Starports can build 4 battlecruisers at the same time. Or 3 barracks spitting out 6 Marauder’s at the same time. And he can still do his upgrades on the add-ons!

3 Likes

lol cool. when you land at jims, do they auto upgrade then?

Yep. That way if you don’t want to use your own resources, or Raynor has already built some add-ons, all he has to do is lift up, then you’ll land your factory there, and then you’ll lift right up so he can take it back.

3 Likes

cool. thats a pretty good tip there, thanks.

Yeah, if you really want, you can set it up and help convince a reluctant resource strapped Swann ally by building a couple addons vertical or nearby to the Swann’s Factory, and then just convince him to swap buildings and he’ll auto upgrade for you. 1-2 are usually enough to do it, but it is pretty cool to have.

Unless it was a bug and/or related to difficulty being low enough, here’s what I saw today:
Abandoning Davis to fight the Moebius Hybrid alone (WHAT A GREAT FEELING :sunglasses:), he finally killed her (good riddance), but then, while I was expecting him to go into bases, I saw he was just staying there.
So maybe it’s possible to trigger the 1st hybrid early, let Davis get killed against it, then completely leave him alone, building your base/army/defense, collecting a few parts (or clearing the map) to go against the timer, then when your overready, you go blast him?
I wasn’t that patient, but maybe at higher difficulties, if the Hybrid still behave the same, it may be a plan.