What's the most brain blasting discovery you've made in co-op?

Terran SCV can repair protoss unit, like Stalker. Realized it this month with some terran ally who repaied my army.

1 Like

MULE give 30 mineral per trip and they can mine on top of SCV :slight_smile:

Nova nuke can deal up to 3600 (or 4800 at p3) damage to train while Tychus nuke can crank it to 6000. Karax solar lance ideally deal a total of about 1800 + 2200 from the burning.

Karax’s Solar lance is literally Nova’s Griffin Airstrike but doesn’t cost mineral, have up to 3 charge = x3 damage, burn the ground, quite hard to miss.

1 Like

Not sure if listed, but there is a base behind the last trashers in Void Trashing, and I played that map countless times. Not sure how I missed them all this time.

Also I didn’t knew Karax chrono sped ups his nexus build times a lot. Just noticed it when leveling his second prestige by casuality.

1 Like

Delete it before it’s seen and fixed as a “bug”!!! xD

4 Likes

Yeah, Abathur can also detonate his Toxic Nests manually against ground cloaked. However Karax’ OS are quite ideal since they have no cd and are omnipresent. If you get the Phase Detonation upgrade (aka “stun strike”), the game displays the “swirly” visual effects even though you can’t actually see the cloaked/burrowed units, so it’s a good way to confirm your hits connected.

Solar Lance is excellent vs. cloaked and burrowed, but with a 2 minute cd, it’s rather overkill. They’re better saved for pushing into bases, or enemy waves, while OS use up minimal resources.

Yeah, I try to especially repair Zeratul’s units ever since I learned he pays at least 2x as much as every other Protoss commander

Oh, it’s after you add burning effect. Otherwise, against air, Grif AS does 500, while SL does 200 x 3.
Burning does up to 600 (so 200 + 600, all that x3 for max damage)

Or somewhere in between for “limited ground” where they won’t stay in the full duration of the burning .

Another nice thing is SL has no delay, although switching into that “targeting view” needs to be taken into account

Also I didn’t knew Karax chrono sped ups his nexus build times a lot. Just noticed it when leveling his second prestige by casuality.

I think it also works for other allied Protoss’ Nexus build time? I remember on OE it sped up Zeratul’s Nexus expansion.

It speeds up all nexus production, regardless of commanders afaik.

Finding out how to set up rapid cast. Was a game changer.

What about the 2 enemy bases with resources on Lock&Load, noticed them?
I wonder how many players go make a 3rd expansion just for the lol?

I noticed them. If playing with an auto gas commander, I usually build them (also in OE and VL, but these are more obvious)

Zeratul

• doesn’t have initial fog of war (can see the map shape instead of just blackness) :slightly_smiling_face:
  • can trigger events as if he visited an area of the map, just by using the skill to locate an artifact :slightly_frowning_face:
  • can spawn the 2nd artifact directly in an end-game enemy base or another very inconvenient location :scream:
2 Likes

I don’t generally start gathering there, but I don’t consider that mission properly beaten until those bases are destroyed. :grin:

I’m not a jerk about it, I’ll complete it with randos, but my buddy and I like to turret out one lock, claim the rest and bonus, then we each get our own base to destroy. It’s possibly the most fun mission when we do that.

Today I discovered that Zeratul Enforcers (Immortals) with Force Cannon, can push away an enemy Colossus.
And it’s hilarious to see a ground unit thrown over a significant distance like that. At some point I wondered if one died because it took too much damage, or because of the shock of hitting a wall at high speed :rofl:

4 Likes

I believe you are correct difficulty is averaged, bonus xp is full. I was mixed up the first time. Thank you for the correction.

2 Likes

The Colossus knock back happens with HH’s reapers too. Since I always mass reapers when I make them and they line up really well, you can get some full wave knock backs that are pretty cool. You can also knock back hybrids, BC’s, and void rays in the air with Reapers.

1 Like

Stetmann made a Hybrid, name “Sherman” but Gary ate it due to jealousy.

1 Like

To be honest, the most brain blasting is how much some people contribute to the community. You know who they are. And if you don’t, you should look into it and get mind blown.

6 Likes

H&H vikings in assault mode are god tier on infested maps with the piercing upgrade.

5 Likes

oooof this one makes them viable