What's the most brain blasting discovery you've made in co-op?

Rapid fire bile makes abathur mass ravager viable. Without it, I’d say players better build roach queen instead of mass ravager. The pinpoint dps or area bombardment can only be achieved by rapid fire.

One might be able to do it if they disable enemy unit selection, but oh well…

Just thought about this but there are two ridiculously strong bases in the corners of the lock and load map that do nothing. Must of played that map a hundred times before I accidentally attacked one of them

Maybe not so much a brain blaster, but I was doing brutal void launch with Royal Guard deathball, and attacked the enemy bases with them and 100 mandate wolves of war. It was really funny because it deleted the base from existance faster than I have ever seen. Also, had a Stukov who sent a never ending conga line of troopers. I like to think they were all the bodies of the troopers sent to die in my name before I went RG.

On Rifts to Korhal, if you have an observer near a shard but over a bottomless pit, the red ball attack from the shard will not connect with the ground but disappear into the pit.

This makes using Swann’s drill easier since the observer almost never gets hit by anything else. The drill alone can take down the shard.

4 Likes

Suppression Towers in Malwarfare is not “heroic”, so a well-placed H&H space station can insta-kill that tower, or at least critically damage it.

3 Likes

This is actually a great point - I’ve noticed that sometimes the space station insta-kills a tower, and sometimes it doesn’t quite kill it. I was intrigued but ended up never looking into it. Your post inspired me to watch a replay and this is what happens: the very first suppression tower has 5000hp (space station insta-kills it), while all the others have 6000hp (they survive with 1000hp), so it seems like the space station damage caps at 5000. I guess the devs didn’t think there would be non-heroic targets with over 5000hp lol

4 Likes

Not brain blasting but a helpful tip. On Cradle of Death, sacrifice your car at the beginning of the game. It will be revived long before it is needed and you find out the enemy composition super early.

Everyone always questions if I know what I’m doing when I do this.

8 Likes

Sounds absolutely useless :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In an ideal world, on CoD, one player clear expansion while the other pushes out to bonus. Maximizing time to complete this awful map. However, as I’m sure everyone is aware, this is seldom if not mythically rare to see.

Everyone’s always dual clearing expansion, even though often all it takes is 1 hero unit or proper use of top bars. And more often still, people still don’t know the singular construct guarding the entrance to expansion doesn’t need to be killed to activate the 2 beacons.

I scout the map randomization every chance I get. All it takes is 1 truck to figure it out. There’s no sense in having 2 idle trucks sitting at that singular construct chillaxing for 3-4min.

2 Likes

How so? The bonus doesn’t get announced until after expo is cleared. Can you activate it sooner by searching the 4 bonus locations, or something?

And excluding Tychus, who has a 4-minute army that will survive the enemies on the way to the bonuses?

If you do search the left side of main to check the map pattern or either of bottom left or right. You’ll see that all the constructs are already there.

So knowing this information, again ideally, you can technically tackle bonus 1 while the other clears expansion. And what’s more, technically again with competent players, bonus 2 can be done while area 1 is being cleared.

The usual pattern of movement for players on this map is actually quite inefficient. Although more often because one or both players lack cooperation, the map’s wave spawn system, this becomes very difficult to actually do.

Also to clarify, I don’t mean ally has cleared expansion while you take your jolly truck to bonus, delaying expanding. I just mean having this information, the act of clearing bonus 1 can be done much quicker without the mistake of going the wrong side. Or similarly, waiting for the green lights or wave 1 to indicate for you.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, sure. I do that every time. Surprisingly, apart from the one time I saw an ally do it (and have since done it every time), almost no other ally checks this.

As Tychus, I discovered that the best use for Nikara is to give her to your ally army. Just make her follow one ally unit and they will thank you forever. :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

In Rifts to Korhal, if you feel like it, you can target and destroy the entrance to Mengsk’s Palace. It’s in the upper right corner of the map behind the top right shard.

7 Likes

If you have a problem with detector running head first into battle and die, then try this:
1/ Select your detector and make it follow one of your back line unit.
2/ F2, then deselect the detector unit (usually the unit in the last slot).
3/ Hotkey the current selected unit.
Then, every time you make new combat unit, just redo the process from step 2.
I don’t know if this is a common sense but this process does wonder for me when I am playing the game.

1 Like

F4 is the hotkey for the Artifact Truck (assuming people still play Cradle Of Death :stuck_out_tongue: )

F3 is the hotkey for main hero units

Orbital Strikes can hit cloaked and burrowed units. However, you’ll need to triangulate where DTs, Banshees, Wraiths, and Lurkers are at through the visual distortions, and their projectiles are coming from.

If you get paired with Mengsk, his red color in Coop on the minimap looks like Amon’s forces. Switch to allied colors so he appears yellow on the minimap and regular map, while Amon remains red.

Objectives scale up in difficulty. You can “sequence jump” to make some approaches easier. For example take out the further Void Slivers in SoA. Each one you defeat adds 5K shields to the next one.

On a related note, if your Zagara ally leaves, use her Hatchery to gather resources. 1.5x the mineral and supply cost gets you double the Drones. She can reach full saturation “from 0 to 27” before you know it! (AFAIK, she’s fastest on the draw there).

On miner evacuation map, there is a chance first ship won’t spawn at the expansion, but either at the left of the expansion, right of the expansion or bottom of the expansion.

So does corrosive biles, solar lance, storm, scourage/baneling (manual detonation). This skill is very handy and remove the need for my abathur to build overseer.

No, you get full bonus of the higher difficulty. I selected casual yo test my new characters and I was matched with hard players. I got 50% bonus, as if I selected hard, but difficulty is a “hard-casual” wich is easiwr than hard-normal and easier than hard-hard.

I discovered we cant’ rally new workers to wherever we want on casual and normal difficulty. We are forced to send them on mineral patches or gaz. (I usually start getting ready for expansion before we get it and I was used to send my workers somewhere so I wont have to try to get the right number out of minerals, but on easier difficulty, we can’t)

If Swann’s drill gets chrono-boost or you place an Energizer near by, it will lock-on the targets faster.

My friend as Stukov said that his “zombies” moved slowly so I carpeted the way with blue stetzone. I then felt like I failed him. Well…this is not exactly by mind blasting :smiley:

5 Likes