What's the most brain blasting discovery you've made in co-op?

That still sort of works on the Lone Wolf Blaze now, where you can rush him and his upgrade for spreading and do a circle around the outside of the base on the first night. It will take out a lot of buildings. The fire will spread out of vision, but the zombies won’t spawn without vision.

Oh i remember doing that a few times on ptr, wonder if it might have been me haha. I remember having my blaze running around while i had tychus assault the nw while having rattlesnake afk attack the bottom clearing the map before sam could even have a chance to come out lol. I remember the mission being blazingly fast but having a schzirophenic headache playing four outlaws at once lol and finding Nux and Nikara early on for the prestiege lol. Lone wolf 1 PTR absolutely wrecked DoN for tychus taking it from like 20-27 minutes for a full 130+ buildings kill from tychus to like making it a 12-14 minute long map for tychus. But it was such a schirophenic nightmare to play lol. I was just shift clicking making blaze jog watching everything light on fire while having all my other 4 attack another area lol XD. I couldn’t really sustain any defences so i settled for lighting everything on fire and killing it before the bad nights rofl.

But yeah im still glad that lone wolf died imo. Like, sure it’s great and all, but it really did seem even power curve ridicolously weird tuned giving you 100% of your endgame strength at the start of the game and then only getting (relatively) weaker to a no ult upgrade tychus for the endgame. (which was still plenty strong, but felt kinda bleh. )

Oops… I meant Vermillion. Donny came to mind. Lava on Vermillion map will take your Zerglings.

My bad.

1 Like

With Vega’s mind control there are some very interesting discoveries you can make in general among Amon’s army and some interesting units to take a look for.

1. Stolen Science vessels act as detectors and can heal your ally mechs, helping save you a few revitalizers and help top off stolen Battlecruiser fleets + Thors (who have amazing auto attack dps to compensate for Tychus’s Raw dps).

2. Stolen Arbiters can actually TELEPORT your ally now and recall their army to certain locations to the Arbiter’s location. This can be used to Strand your ally in the middle of nowhere teleport your ally to useful locations. Like to objectives, lava, and islands with no access to the mainland on Temple of the past.

3. Some units actually do not have attack names coded, and have attacks and/or abilities simply named stuff like “Attack weapon:DEBUG:InfestedBansheeAttack0” on some of the more obscure units, like the infested banshees and liberators Amon attacks with on Miner evacuation.

4. You can also mind control friendly creatures if you want, but they do nothing.

5 Likes

Mind control fríendly creatures. Imma steal Zeratul’s enforcers for lulz.

Thought I would add it here because it came up in a different thread. While leveling to p1 you can select p0 or p1 from the customize screen. Good if p1 doesn’t provide benefits until late in the upgrade level of the commander.

2 Likes

If your ally leaves, you can macro his base to free up the workers supply and playing the map with literally infinite money cheat.

2 Likes

If your ally leaves and they are Vorazun, Zeratul, or Nova, build their gas geysers at your base.

8 Likes

Had an ally Mensk leave me on DoN and for some reason none of his workers could auto repair anything.

Minor tip - put spell casters on another control group

1 Like

Micro skills are far less important than knowing/memorising attack wave patterns in co-op. (patterns = timings & from/to locations)

Until this is RNG’ed (it won’t), F2A-moving your army to the right place beforehand, gets you the win. There are very few specific exceptions. All you need is decent macro to grow your army. (I’m not saying you don’t need any micro in Co-op, just that you need very little. Much less than in Campaign, FWIW.)

Some exceptions:

• The only CO’s this doesn’t work with are probably the ‘small army’ heroes like Tychus, Nova, Dehaka.
  • Or special builds like Artanis mass High Templar/Archon where you need to dutifully spam storm for your real dmg output. Or mass Oracle with Vorazun.
  • some mutators
1 Like

Indeed I mean that. The heores will never spawn, ever. The heroes only spawn in attack waves that warp in or arrive in drop pods (usually out of sight unless you’re spawn-camping them like some people do on Temple of the Past), but they never spawn in a wave that’s arriving by a transport, possibly because it’s too easy to shoot them down before they unload.

This one is not so useful and more luck-based, but when Zeratul’s artifact fragment spawns, it flashes on the map briefly and both players can see it if they’re looking at it. At the start this only happens if it spawns next to your main, and it’s more of a luck thing than anything else, but it might save you a few seconds since you won’t have to use Zeratul’s vision to look for it.

Even though they can’t target them after a certain level, Abathur’s Toxic Nests will attract enemy detectors, usually after one has gone off and respawns, I think. Whether this is a good or bad thing is up to you.

When playing as Karax on Dead of Night, make sure you use Energizers as well as Pylons to power your defensive structures. Spotters love to disable Artosis Pylons, but they can’t do a thing to Energizers (especially as a Photon Cannon or Khaydarin Monolith will pull the aggro).

1 Like

Sadly, infested bunkers become non-structures while uprooted, so it’s most likely this won’t work

for me the biggest discovery was that stetellites still give vision, even when disabled. it’s full vision which is much more than one would know what to do with, but it’s useful for certain situations (cough cough idef cheese)

Unless they’ve changed it since I last did it it totally works. Morphing into a unit doesn’t seem to have any deactivation trigger for effects placed on structures via topbar.

not sure if listed already or if it was that way in the campaign too but:

Tychus P3 Odins pilot has an eye patch just like the “real” Odin in vikings mythology has :smiley:

3 Likes

I just thought of something that most people don’t seem to know about - in chain of ascension, if you finish the mission before the 2nd bonus expires it counts as completed

6 Likes

This is true for ladder as well and the one I use to repair my BC in Raynor P3.

1 Like

Yeah, Mules are a great alternative to medics for P3 army healing.

The rapid-fire-hotkey binding.

I know it has nothing to do with coop espacially, but only since i played the Stetman-Infestor way, I had to try that keybind, and holy hell is life easier with that little trick… without it you are on your best way to get carpal tunnel syndrome from mashing your keyboard, and with it you just hold down a key.

Since then i have added the same hotkey a few other spells, like ravager-biles.