What's the most brain blasting discovery you've made in co-op?

You can use your truck to scout the pattern. Move it left of main, if there’s a construct, then that’s the “2nd” enemy base (not counting expansion). So your 1st bonus and 1st enemy base after expansion will be on the right side of main. As such, the bonus will always be top right.

On the other hand, if you scout left and there isn’t a construct then that’s going to be your first bonus side (so top left). Hope that helps.

And you’re right, a lot of people don’t realize how valuable sometimes it is to save time by doing bonus + base at the same time. Far too often you see the 2 trucks idling near expansion for 3-5min while clearing expansion that often takes only 1 player to do.

There’s obviously a point made about moving trucks once it is cleared but nothing wrong with clearing other areas instead of wasting time.

For that matter, there’s a large number of players unaware only the beacon-constructs need to be cleared to lock the trucks in. The others are just there to hinder progress. If you can avoid killing them without taking damage, it is way better to not waste time on them.

2 Likes

If you change your color while playing Artanis, the color of the psi field on the minimap will change too.
Probably could be counted as a bug, or rather a design error, unless it was part of a plan allowing to play 2 of the same commander.

edit to avoid 2x post:
While playing Stetmann, whose interface display APM, and holding a button to mass turn zerglings into banelings, my APM went past 1000 and it was displaying some text instead.
I think it was S-ERIAL, though it would be more logical if it was S-ERROR, but since I don’t pay attention to that part of the screen normally, and saw it by accident, I’m not sure.

edit to avoid 3x post:
When you have Ravens with Nova, and there’s a lot of healing to do and enough charges, while autocast will never summon more than 1 healing drone at a time, you can manually summon more.

edit to avoid 4x post (is there nobody else wanting to use this topic anymore?):
When your ally got SCV/Mecha Drones patrolling near defenses to repair them, be careful not to bring your damaged mechanical army nearby by accident.
The workers may get kidnapped by trying to follow the army around, abandoning their post.
Got this in a game, where I assumed my worker got killed, sent a new one, then near the end of the game, I suddenly saw a worker come from who know where and start patrolling with the other one.

1 Like

I’ve started wondering about something.
First let me introduce my ally finally deciding to take the expansion:
https://imgur.com/7ukK3eY
There are several points that could be commented, one of them being his army comp, and Amon’s army comp.
Now let me ask you (thinking while seeing the 2nd image), wasn’t that a very human reaction from Amon?
https://imgur.com/3RMpMfa
I mean, it’s clearly trolling (sending a single Liberator bombard the rally point of the no anti-air ground units like that).
Could it be Amon is sometimes played by a human, or receive human input one way or another?

note: I switched to my view to not expose my ally name :stuck_out_tongue:

Why does it have 2 Abby prestige icons on the bottom right, in the second image? That’s weird.

And did he get Vikings? Vulture/Viking is a legit strategy, especially on OE and against Terran Air. The late expansion seem a bit weird (if he was going for vulture/Viking).

Typical bug of replay.

If he ever got vikings (or any proper anti-air), it would not have been funny enough that I would decide to post :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m guessing for many, it’s more coordination to set the truck, then only move it after all units have sneaked past it. There are units around the others. Since you need to destroy those units, may as well take out the artifact towers.

But yeah, I’ve seen speed runs just bypass those.

Speaking of which, Vorazun’s Shadow Guard will disable them. If you can run past them (don’t need to wait for other units to catch up), you may as well move on, as they’re invulnerable as long as the stasis is in effect.

That’s the thing, when this happens it’s usually cleared enough to set the truck in. All that’s required of these players is move the truck to the beacon.

Think about it, how did I get my truck there? Certainly I must have cleared a path. Yet, you’ll see people clear unnecessary enemies and constructs just to get to an already-cleared beacon.

And it most certainly is not easier to move army, truck, kill, then send truck compared to simply moving the truck. After all, truck doesn’t move with F2.

Biggest problem with not clearing the enemy is that your truck will be destroyed in position while your ally is fondling his own back in base. I genrally have to use my truck to clear his construct as well before locking mine in. Anyway, we probably shouldn’t start a discussion in this thread, even though it’s been so quiet here lately :frowning:

Karax Reclaim + Han and Horner ally means a lot of free money.

Today in Miners Evacuation, playing Karax, I went shopping in Amon’s army, and noticed some things:

• Amon Infested Siege Tanks are a big garbage, once uprooted, they have no weapon and move at a speed of 1, was a complete waste of Reclamation.
  • Amon vulture grenades do bonus damage against light, and they have spider mines and the ability to replenish them, now that could be fun on an infested map like this.
  • I reclaimed an Infested Banshee, but didn’t pay attention to where it went afterward, so not sure if it’s good or bad :grin:
  • Battlecruisers are a common reclaim target, still it was annoying how it takes forever to regain the energy to fire Yamato, also apparently Amon cruisers can’t fire while moving, or it just failed when I tried very hard this game.
  • Medivacs can’t be reclaimed while loaded. Karax don’t need them anyway, but they could fly around my Zagara ally army, that can benefit a bit from the thing.
  • Reclaimed some normal siege tanks, but like the Infested Banshee, I sort of lost track of them in the battle. It’s just slightly faster sometimes to reclaim them than to destroy them.
2 Likes

Yeah, Raynor non-P1 on this map is fun with a squad of vultures camping all the spawn and drop points with mines.

Go one step further by camping the drop-o-lords, medi-hercs, and war prisms. :wink:

https://imgur.com/W40oNEn
Situations like this make me wonder if the matchmaking system actually value the portrait being worn.

?

Today, mutation on Dead of Night, and 2 discoveries:
Discovery 1: The weird shaking thing (chrysalis? larva sticking vertically? infested flora? officially called “infested cocoon”) don’t count as a structure, but as a unit, or at least, it can have plague, and of course it is a valid auto-target for your units
Discovery 2: if the debris protecting an entrance are destroyed before the night when it get targeted by the enemy, then the enemy will pour in through that entrance.
Conclusion based on my ally destroying those debris before night 3 because of his lurkers, and enemy entering the base through there afterward.

1 Like

Lol sounds like it the mind blast is why in the world did your ally do dat.

Stetmann Brood Lord yamato has no cooldown.

Glevig’s ability can be right clicked for autocast

1 Like

mindboggling for me anyway: bunker calldown of Mengsk doesn’t require sight, so lifting up my rax at the start of DoN isn’t necessary :smiley:

3 Likes

You can put a stetellite inside the pit
https://imgur.com/S4lMbDF
Useless, may even decrease the range at which you can put another stetellite, but nobody said only good reasons and useful stuff could blast the brain.

1 Like

There is a trick where P3 Nova can restore her super invisibility with Tactical Airlift and then holding it for 4 seconds. You have to use 200 minerals and wait for 120 seconds for cooldown.

It’s not remarkable but do-able.

1 Like