Voice Chat option removed

So I play with bluetooth headphones, on discord in co op with a friend. And every time I load in on SC2 I would routinely go into options and turn off voice chat. I would have to set sound and voice drivers to something that isn’t trying to be used or else I would have zero audio computer wide.

My issue however, the voice chat option item is straight up missing now.
(i’ve included an imgur link but forums don’t allow links of the option item box literally missing with an empty space between sound and mouse and keyboard)

I’ve repaired, Reinstalled completely to no avail. Option still missing? I’m at a loss.

7 Likes

Tried scan and repair, check for updates, updated blizzard launcher, and the ‘Sound’ tab is still missing as well. So no audio for my Bluetooth earphones either, since I can’t visit the ‘Sound’ tab that doesn’t exist anymore… and here I was, about to buy the discounted campaign. Guess that will have to wait.

Version 5.0.9.87702

Update: According to General Chat, apparently I am not alone

1 Like

Same issue.

1 Like

A more permanent solution if you don’t really use the “call mode” on your Windows PC with your Bluetooth headphones would be to open the old classic Control Panel and go to ‘Sound’.

Then go to ‘Recording’ tab and find your Bluetooth headset on this list. Right-click it and you can either click Disable or Disconnect.

This means that Windows will not be able to use this mic again so it will never switch to ‘call mode’ on the Bluetooth headphones.

Then you can start your SC up as many times without a problem and listen to the high quality sound.

3 Likes

This worked for me, though I did also have to disable the secondary channel in the “playback” tab of the Sound menu as well. Since my headphones don’t have a voice-chat microphone, I assume its noise-cancelling features might be where these extra channels are coming from.

“Voice” tab in SC2 settings is still missing though.

Hey everyone,

Thank you for reporting the removal of the “Voice Chat” setting following the latest patch. We will update this thread once we have concrete information as to whether the removal was intentional.

I used to have options for Voice Chat, but now there’s indeed a hole where it used to be.
One thing I ran into accidentally while looking for something else is https://account.battle.net/privacy (I arrived here by picking “My account” in the top-left icon menu of Battle.net application and browsing around the place I landed in).
I saw there that there’s a “Voice Chat” entry set to “Do not allow”.
I probably set that myself in the early days, but maybe if it was enabled, it would reenable things?
Anybody want to check that?

1 Like

No mine is on, set to “listening and speaking” and its still a blank spot for me in options menu. And I like to leave mine on for team games. (i only play teams)

So whats the word? Any idea on when this will be fixed? i pretty much only play team games.

It’s still broken for me.

I tried messing with the Battle.Net voice chat settings, and none of the options have any effect on the SC2 microphone usage.

I don’t know about the rest of y’all, but I can still play the game. I just can’t use my headphones 'cause they switch to their headset profile when I start the game.

It sure would be nice to get an update on this issue.

1 Like

been a couple weeks, entire voice chat box is missing from options menu…

It’s been two weeks and we still can’t have a basic info on what is a pretty important feature, not only is the voice chat menu gone but it strips bluetooth users from being able to have sound in-game.

Are the lawsuits that bad that you have devs and community people working on them?

1 Like

I posted a fix for the issue on another thread. I hope it works for you:

1 Like

Week 3, I just want to know.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.