Trash-tier Prestige Championship

Its too late to pick up after you’re dead or suffered heavy losses.
Also there are positions which can’t be abandoned because it will mean mission failure.

It is amazing only at mastery 90. Pre Mastery 90, it is garbage.

HnH P3 is probably the worst, I think. 10 Strike Fighter platforms is plenty - it’s almost always off cooldown when you need it, and it’s a 1000/1000+20supply investment that makes enemy defenses obsolete. If you want a Strike Fighter prestige, removing the cap is not the way to do it.

Furthermore, if you want to encourage Strike Fighter spam, don’t discourage Strike Fighter spam. Every other successful Prestige has a pretty clear identity in terms of what gameplay it rewards and discourages, but HnH P3 (and aba p3, while we’re on the topic) exists in this weird state where it punishes you for doing the thing it wants you to do.

1 Like

How about “Every strike fighter platform now supports 2 strike fighters instead of 1”?

2 Likes

Vorazun’s P2 is garbage. You’re getting AoE damage from Corsairs’ Disruption Web and maybe Archons’ Confusion - as if we weren’t already gas-starved. You throw in some Centurions doing only 50% damage to clean up the remaining 1-HP/low-HP units after but this makes Vora’s primary problem worse - slow start. Need mass DW’s and Archons and Centurions for this to work.

1 Like

If Vora’s P3 5-minute TimeStop is not fixed and it’s an intentional nerf, then it’s fun but useless. You’re losing too many TS’es in game and need to use your SoA on SG’s whenever it’s off cooldown, leaving enough for only 2-3 DP’s and BH’s for the entire duration of the game. Yeah, you get 20-24 SG’s at the 25 minute mark but by then you already have a killer army. You’re better off keeping your army alive and effective in the early game by using more BH’s and DP’s. More here:

Swann P1, it is basically only massive disadvantages. I feel like every single other prestige in the game does SOMETHING, but not this one.

Runner ups:
Vorazun P2: I want to like this, I think it can be pretty awesome. But it needs some tweaks/QoL.
Fenix P2 and P3: Just boring and don’t change game play enough.
Stetmann P2: Advantage just doesn’t seem to be that great. To be fair I haven’t played this one with mastery yet, I know that’ll help. Having Gary clip outside of a stetzone is very annoying, and you’ve got to really make sure you’re on top of spamming stetellite placement. Stetmann is also one of my least played commanders, I know this is part of the problem as well.

1 Like

Swann P1
Stukov P2
Nova P2 (purely because airstrike is important imo)
Vorazun P2
Fenix P3

Also potentially Kerrigan P1, Alarak P3, Abathur P3 and Raynor P2 :slight_smile:

Nova P2 hands down

I actually feel like I a have less map presence with it, simply because I can have my mech army in one place and Nova in another - and each force can be supported with Airstrikes to clear any wave.

So p2 is not even a QoL change, for that the cooldown is still too high (I can’t even use it to ping-pong between waves on Mists Opportunity).

I think there are easy fixes to make it more attractive (usable in fog of war, applies supercloak upon landing, no mineral cost, higher mineral cost but no CD etc.), but to be honest I would rather have a new Prestige entirely. Something related to the Combat Suit.

P2 - One Woman Army!

1 Like

Raynor p2 is the most strongest for Raynor in almost all situations. It should be kept unchanged.

P3 is stronger if the game is prolonged.

Nova’s Goliaths are very strong against mech air. Disables anything in air and shoot them down.

U can put mines in key locations where the waves won’t see it. That way u will still have vision in those areas.

To OP:
Raynor p3 isn’t ‘trash’ but it needs revising. Maybe reduce training times on starport units OR remove the requirements to build armory or starport. So ur ramp up times are faster

Nova p2 isn’t ‘trash’ but needs some revision. Maybe lower cd for griffin transport so u can hop quicker. U usually use air strike on waves that u or ur partner can’t get to, eg temple of the past last wave, they will come in three directions.

So this prestige should be able to replace that with quicker hops. The design of nova p2 is intended for this kind of purpose.

Karax P3. Trading off all of your Chrono abilities for what? Slightly cheaper and slightly faster CD on your Lasers and Strikes? There’s pretty much no place for this when you have 40% cheaper units and Khaydarin Monoliths that shoot faster than a Stimmed Raynor Marine.

1 Like

What a useless topic, perfectly matching my useless comment.

1 Like

My vote is straight towards Swann P1, you trade wave-wiping calldowns for a tiny bit stronger beam, that only really benefits cyclones but still not great regardless, you’re pretty much nerfing yourself.

Other mentions are Vorazun P2, it has a great concept but her pushing power becomes very weak, nearly all maps requires to destroy structures too, so I’d rather be standard and use black hole when needed, her early game is already pretty slow on standard.

Artanis P3, guardian shell is surelly missed, it is a different way to play Artanis, but even P1 is superior in my opinion, the shield overcharge is not that frequent as I wished to, and the orbital you have to rarelly use as you want energy for the shield overcharge, this is a prestige that zealots and dragoons are not core units of your army, most of your gas has to be used for Archons/Imortals/Tempests, otherwise you can die if you get a bad trade.

Abathur P3, it is a late-game investment but so late you never get there, this is Abathur version of “Karax going carrier without a proper build order to rush them.”
At least it is good for memes, but it’s not a effective prestige, Zeratul has it better if you want infinite scaling, definitelly needs to tweak the downsides.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s useless topic but the title of this thread should be changed.

Remove “trash” with proposed revisions.

Make a strawpoll, we’ll be done soon

4 Likes
  • Raynor P3 : 600 mineral for BCs is too much. You still need to build Factory (for Armories) and Barracks (for Orbital CC) so being able to build Starport right away is useless. If you fast expand and build 8CC it takes 18-20 minutes to get full army of BC (by that time most maps are ending).

• Artanis P3 : Looks cool but useless in most situations and you lose guardian shell.

• Swann P1,P2,P3 : All of them are massive nerfs. Swann’s main issue is his earlier offensive game. None of the Prestiges fix that.

• Tychus P2 : Just change it to something else, the pre nerf version was too OP and the new nerfed version is too useless when you got P1 and P3.

1 Like

Stukov P3 (though all of Stukov’s are kinda bad, at best they might be useful against specific mutators or maps, not when random queuing), you lose your static defense for a faster trickle of units, so you can’t hold a line, and you lose the ability to unload bunkers, not a good trade IMO.
Definitely not worth re-levelling 3 times for.

Shoulda made a straw poll of sort.

Why bother scrolling through all of these just to keep updating the OP. And most people who have commented (even if interested) would have to scroll back up just to see.

It’s just inconvenient, not to mention better to propose x to change y, rather than a “here’s a poll at how trash your design is”. Lol.

Oh, I see in that case, I vote for Fenix p3. It doesn’t change really anything how you play him, it’s the same a+click deathball. I feel the other 2 prestiges don’t do much either, but p3 is the biggest offender.

If I coud choose a second vote I’d be Swann p1. No explanation needed.

1 Like

I think one thread that consolidates the prestiges the community is least happy with is useful.

The title could be less inflammatory but the idea is sound.