The facts are in, BOOOYYYYS

That’s the classic mods behavior all the time here, why do you think I sent them curses for support

1 Like

The ladder equilizes win-rates to 50/50 if it can promote/demote people. The one place it can’t equalize is GM and Bronze. GM shows APEtoss get a +15% advantage in PvZ. That’s true for the whole ladder.

If it were true for the whole ladder, and the ladder is equalizing PvZ win-rates, then we’d expect Protoss representation to be going up across the ladder, which it is. In Diamond, Masters and GM, Protoss representation has skyrocketed.

1 Like

ya not perfect but nothing to cry about

It absolutely is something to cry about. I would be rank # ~25 on the NA ladder if not for balance. Let’s do the math! Yay! Blizzard’s MMR algorithm is detailed in the AlphaStar paper (page 9):

P(Win) = 1.0 / (1.0 - exp(-(r1 - r2) / 568))

This calculates the odds of Player 1 winning given the difference in rank between Player 1 and Player 2. To calculate a rank difference, we would need to simplify r1-r2 as X then simplify for X:

y=1/(1 + exp(-X / 568))

y * (1 + exp(-X / 568)) = 1

(1 + exp(-X / 568)) = 1 / y

exp(-X / 568) = 1 / y - 1

-X / 568 = ln(1 / y - 1)

-X = ln(1 / y - 1) * 568

X = -ln(1.0 / y - 1) * 568

Great! Now we plug in the win-rate difference for Y:

r1 - r2 = -ln(1.0 / 0.4242 - 1) * 568
r1 - r2 = -173.6

In other words, the exact amount that Protoss get their rank inflated is +173.6 MMR compared to zergs. We can do the same for TvZ:

r1 - r2 = -ln(1.0 / 0.4476 - 1) * 568
r1 - r2 = -119.5

So Zergs get a whopping -293.1 MMR because they pick Zerg. That means I would be 5700 mmr if not for balance issues.

i dunno but like a month ago i had sex with two girls in one day, i almost forgot to wash my k*ck in between.

That’s false. I explained it already. GM vs GM win-rate includes only games where both players are GM, total games played by GMs includes any game a GM plays which might include games vs Master level players which aren’t counted in GM vs GM win-rates.

The same is true for every other league. A Gold vs Gold game by definition excludes Gold vs Platinum and Gold vs Silver, however all games played by a Gold player would include those games.

These are pulled from sc2replaystats and are not mine. They are confirmed by burnysc2 which is also not mine.

Well im not in GM and likely neither are you so who cares.

You go glen coco. 20 c

4? I would have received 7, bare minimum, perhaps even as high as 11. I was so popular in highschool I even had girls stalking me. No joke. I had a stoner friend who would refer to her as “crazy b”. He went on to do crystal and ruin his teeth. Anyway I decided to let this girl take me to the prom once. I still got the photos. I thought that would alleviate things however psycho B just went into overdrive. I had to do evasive maneuvers. Use all the walkpaths to/from class that were hardest to track.

That’s when another psycho B enters the equation. She sent me a letter telling me I am the hottest, strongest, smartest, you know all really obvious stuff, and asking me out to prom. Her daddy is rich though so I thought hey why not. I ended up throwing a bucket of mud in her face before the night was over. Then this nutso liberal girl with a diabetic brother invited me to homecoming (I like to crack liberal jokes so she thought I was a leftist) then quickly found out I am lib-right while going on a date to a country singer’s concert. We’d decided to skip the dance. She thought the jokes were sarcastic when in reality they were sardonic. I guess she doesn’t support FREEDOM OF SPEECH BABY. :eagle: :eagle: :eagle:

I was so confused because I thought I was supposed to ask the ladies out. You know, it’s like a right. I was cheated. The person I wanted to ask out was the chick who hated me. You know, Lorelei. I stepped on her toes with my cowboy boots during ballroom class. She never forgave me after that. She looked up to the sky and said “TAKE OFF THOSE DARN BOOTS!”. I always wore those super gay ballroom shoes after that.

The funny thing is, she wasn’t even the hottest girl around. The other 3 were absolute bangers. The fact that she wasn’t irresistibly attracted to me was just so fascinating. She was definitely an outlier. You know, not following the established trend of other girls in the highschool. There is something strangely attractive about a women who hates you. Maybe it’s the challenge - can my exceptional qualities overtake even this woman? Maybe it’s untangling the mystery of why she is so bitter. I happen to think she was jealous and masking it with bitterness. You know, that’s probably it. She always took ballroom super seriously. She was going to be a dancer. I was just there to crack jokes and have some fun. She probably mellowed out as she got older and, in reviewing her memories, thought of how she should have been a little bit more relaxed in highschool.

That’s one of the reasons they loved me by the way. I was super chill. I still remember telling the girls in ballroom class about what happened to my toyota camry. They all thought it was so funny that I would hang out with all these redneck dudes with their big trucks but I had a camry. My camry was iconic, really. Well anyway one day I didn’t have it. It became hot news shortly thereafter. I had to, regrettably, inform them that I had drove it backwards off a small cliff. I know what you are thinking. Yes, I was inside the car as it happened. You see, I’d taken my camry off roading. Well I went down a certain section that I’d been down before and it was totally muddy this time around. It was super steep, probably a 30 degree incline. Anyway I went down this and there is a cliff at the bottom. I couldn’t get back up due to the mud. So I drove as fast as I could to pick up speed to make it up the hill again. I was doing 40 mph in a camry on bumpy terrain. I thought I was in fast and furious movie. Well I almost made it up the hill. I slowly ground to a halt right before the top. I hit my brakes but my tires were slipping anyway due to the mud. I went crashing down the hill, off the cliff, going backwards.

Now THAT’s a REAL rodeo right there. (be sure to glance at a different girl and wink at her as you say that)

1 Like

By the way, I could have absolutely scored with every single one of them. Racism, blah blah, rich people, blah blah the world is so cold and lonely, blah blah, there is so much evil everywhere, blah blah, white supremacy, blah blah, universal healthcare, blah blah, and we’d be making out by the end of the date. :kissing_heart:

I WISH THE WORLD COULD JUST COOPERATE! I WANT TO MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE IN LIFE!

Pic completely unrelated.

https://i.imgur.com/FGJa6Ql.png

awnnn man, sometimes you go over the line and make it super obvious you’re trolling. Take it down just a notch m8, thats too obvious.

It’s a real story kiddo. Alpha out here showing SC2 normies how to chad but is so alpha the forum apes think it’s fake. :joy:

awnn man, come on! You used to be better than this.

The goal isn’t to troll you. The goal is to feed off your denial because it bolsters how massive my IRL accomplishments are. When was the last time you had multiple women ask you out on dates simultaneously? I am guessing never since you seem astounded that that sort of thing happens. All you have to do is hit the gym, keep yourself clean cut, and be sure to make eye contact and smile. It’s a piece of cake.

Get yourself a haircut, 3 piece suit and start letting the jokes crack.

ok now you’re getting there buddy ! Much better ! Either that or you’ve never spoken to a girl in your life. Now you’re making me unsure of if you’re serious or not again. A true master of your craft.

1 Like

On top of that you are working 12 hours a day. 8 hours hard manual labor and 4 hours part time as a professor at the MIT for theoretical physics. But its no deal to you because you are 22 and full of energy.
You have actually 0 time for us losers but magically still find the time to teach us losers how to live the life correctly and you actually do this 24/7. Nobody asked you to go this hard but you are doing it anyway. Thank you batzy. You changed my life.

2 Likes

there’s no way he isnt trolling right? Right???

1 Like

It depends on the day and how many active projects I have going. I have a machine that is waiting on a part from CHYYYNA so it’s holding up 4 sub projects.

I am also waiting on GPU prices to come down before I purchase 16 of them. I need the RTX 3080’s. I don’t need the extra VRAM of the 3090’s. Right now it would be cheaper to build a CPU farm but frankly CPU’s just can’t compete in the types of simulations I run which have many discrete elements even at this price point. For the price of one 3080, I could build two PCs each with a 5950x CPU and room to spare in the budget. I would start throwing money at say AWS gpu’s but I am running a simulation that has to find a sigma 13+ solution. In other words, it’s going to be running for a long time, probably over a year.

Even with a 16x 3080 GPU setup, simulations are going to take roughly an hour each. That means running 24/7/365 I can test 8,760 different solutions. Obviously that is nowhere near enough to find a sigma 13 solution at least from random sampling. Only about the first 10,000 solutions will be a random sampling. After that an AI learns what’s going on and makes educated guesses to move the solutions towards the goal.

I never liked theoretical physics/mathematics. I’ve always been tied to the practical, real, world. My focus is on solving real problems. That’s why I went down the CS road. I can solve problems in days that takes millions of dollars and teams of mathematicians with collectively thousands of IQ points to solve and which usually takes several years.

Have you not met people that just lie about their accomplishments?

1 Like

Which is actually even more fascinating, considering you are an MIT professor for theoretical physics