The Commander After Stetmann

Would be nice having both Tosh and Selendis. Maybe on the bring-back-the-death line Overmind or Tassadar.

3 Likes

What would be cool is that they release 2-3 commanders at a time.

This way it’s a lot of content to go through and the initial queue time blockade is reduced.

1 Like

While in an ideal world that would be great, for exactly the reasons you specify, I can’t help but feel that would just lead to even longer periods of stagnation between updates.

2 Likes

Donnie Vermillion, just so we get him as an announcer.

1 Like

Izsha would be cool as a commander who controls a leviathan instead of a base, how would they balance this, i dont no :slight_smile:

1 Like

For these Commanders; What units do you want to play around with the most?

I really want to play around with Purifier High Templar/Archons and Nerazim Adepts (I know those don’t exist yet but, I’m betting we will see them if we get a Nerazim skin pack from the next Warchest).

I really want Spectres with Tosh. I want Umojan Ghosts and Umojan Marines with Valerian.

I want unused strains from the Heart of the Swarm with Izsha. Maybe play around with the Blight Bringers.

1 Like

What is the likely hood that Hanson becomes a Commander?

I’m thinking each race has about 3-4 Commanders left each.

Protoss: Selendis, Rohana, Ji’nara and (maybe) Tassadar.

Terran: Tosh, Valerian, Arcturus, and (maybe) Warfield or Hanson

Zerg: Izsha, Overmind, Niadra, and (maybe) Zurvan

2 Likes

Yeah, if she has the personality and looks of the good old WoL Selendis… not the plain stupid LotV one.

Ji’nara would be weired… on chains of ascension she would have to be a commander and NPC at the same time. Unlikely i would say.

Niadra is a must have imo… the story in HotS strongly hinted, that she would return sometime later.

Its quite reasonable actually, she has her own forces to support her. Change a few lines and it works very well.
(she just shouldn’t have a hero unit… that would be strange)

Is just don’t make her a commander with her as hero unit (like Stetmann), and problem solved.
Statmann appear as commander and advisor in Co-Op, and in Bel’shir they just changed the quotes if someone take Stetmann.

2 Likes

All of the above. All our dreams will come true and Blizzard will release a gazillion new commanders along with a million new maps also. And the best part is, they will release it next week.

Not sure what’s with the attitude. We may not get all the characters I listed as Commanders but, until Blizzard decides to end Co Op support; all the characters I listed are at least possible.

Hey it was just a joke, not against anyone

I kinda liked the leader LotV Selendis better than “hey, helpless colonists, here’s your terror fleet and Mothership Purifier, enjoy being vaporized!” to be honest.

3 Likes

I think Selendis needs Golden Age Zealots and Adepts; as she is a Zealot and the Adepts seem to think very highly of her.

(If I’m not mistaken they say “For Selendis”?)

Edit: Maybe she could also get Avengers (with new ability)?

Anyone think we will see a Commander before Blizzcon? Unfortunately, I don’t think that’ll happen. We most likely will get the next Commander at Blizzcon.

With Stetmann being technically a Zerg Commander; I’m guessing the next Commander will be Terran. Most likely either Tosh (highest requested) or Valerian (Umojan skins could be used).

I don’t think it is impossible, but then I doubt we will see another commander this year. Most likely just one more.

Although I’ve gotta say, my greatest worry is the commander actually being good, interesting and not breaking the game, be balance-wise or performance-wise. Last commander that didn’t disappoint me was H&H, and that was a really long time ago.

Any chance we will see both a new Commander and a new map at Blizzcon?

As has been said elsewhere, we are certainly due for a new map. I hope we do get a new map, but I am mostly just expecting a commander.

It would be great to get both, of course, and actually super neat if the map and commander shared a theme or background.